Fast/slow wicket parameter worth adding to "conditions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast/slow wicket parameter worth adding to "conditions"

At the moment, the game simulates, wear, bounce (erratic or even), and weather conditions.

I think it would be worth adding in weather the wicket is fast or slow.

A fast wicket with true bounce is easy to score quickly on as the ball comes onto the bat. Such a wicket offers assistance to fast bowlers though, especially very fast bowlers. Carry through to the keeper means the ball is unlikely to drop short if edged towards the slip cordon.

A slow wicket with true bounce is difficult to score off (especially against spin and medium pacers), as the ball does not come onto the bat nicely. The patient batsman would be rewarded on such a pitch with a grafting innings. It can be difficult to take wickets on such a pitch until "wear" kicks in and assists the spinners. The RFs/LFs are more likely to extract something from a flat, slow wicket than slower seamers.

There are of course other permutations and shades imbetween... Slow pitches with erratic bounce, quick wickets with erratic bounce etc etc.

Do you think it would be worth implementing this additional wicket parameter into future versions?

Something that would be good to see is a little bit more realism in how wickets go.

Wickets that are good for pace bowlers at the start flatten out for a while then start to become spin bowler friendly. At the moment, wickets just deteriorate.

Comment

This would add realism, and a 3 variable dynamic in pitches would mean a little more thinking was required before team selection, toss choice, etc. Which for me can only be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
        This would add realism, and a 3 variable dynamic in pitches would mean a little more thinking was required before team selection, toss choice, etc. Which for me can only be a good thing.

It definitely would make one think more about selection. That RFM swing bowler will get dropped for the raw, untested RF when the forecast is sunny, and the wicket is quick and bouncy. It's true the batting team may also score quickly but that would be the trade off - they would probably destroy my innocuous RFM in sunny weather, on an even but quick wicket!

Comment

Working...
        X