Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making your own team?

Hey guys,

Although I love taking over my favourite state/county/country and leading them to victory, one of my favourite things to do in the (admittedly sub-part) 'big' cricket games on consoles and PC is make a team of me and my friends, playing in the positions we do in real life.

I also just really like the idea of taking essentially a youth squad, choosing their styles and leading them from lower grades up higher. Such as playing for one of the 'lesser' teams you play in friendlies and practice games and so on.

Is there a possibility of this or something similar being added to a future edition? I don't think it'd be too hard to implement, although there would obviously be scheduling issues with the fixture.

I know you could take youth players and change their names, but it seems a bit shallow and simple. Has anyone tried making a team like this with any success?

Or any good ideas on how I could do it using the current system? Any good suggestions?

Cheers guys .

Originally posted by PTizzleAUS View Post
    Hey guys,

Although I love taking over my favourite state/county/country and leading them to victory, one of my favourite things to do in the (admittedly sub-part) 'big' cricket games on consoles and PC is make a team of me and my friends, playing in the positions we do in real life.

I also just really like the idea of taking essentially a youth squad, choosing their styles and leading them from lower grades up higher. Such as playing for one of the 'lesser' teams you play in friendlies and practice games and so on.

Is there a possibility of this or something similar being added to a future edition? I don't think it'd be too hard to implement, although there would obviously be scheduling issues with the fixture.

I know you could take youth players and change their names, but it seems a bit shallow and simple. Has anyone tried making a team like this with any success?

Or any good ideas on how I could do it using the current system? Any good suggestions?

Cheers guys .
    What a great idea. I fully endorse it!

Comment

You could always start a new game, sim through the first season and release every player. I can't remember if it lets you release every player, if not, don't offer any contracts and sim another season and again release as many players as possible. Once you've done that you'll get given a squad of rubbish youth players. I tried a couple of seasons once with such a team and restricted myself to not signing anyone new other than youth player. I got bored after a couple of seasons though, as I was getting thrashed in nearly every match.

Comment

Working...
      X