No announcement yet.

General Technique! [Coaching]!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Technique! [Coaching]!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!

This post is regarding General Batting/Bowling technique Coaching!

Well, i would like to know and ask you people that has anyone ever got an confirming pop-up in the game regarding that the batsman or bowler has "IMPROVED HIS GENERAL BATTING/BOWLING!

Thankyou
    Replies will be really appreciated!

According to the Chris Comment

"Improving player's aggression and bowling accuracy through coaching can help in the short term.
    Working on general technique will help long term."

Normally General technique for youth help to get improve their ability in long term
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by lakshay View Post
      Hey guys!

This post is regarding General Batting/Bowling technique Coaching!

Well, i would like to know and ask you people that has anyone ever got an confirming pop-up in the game regarding that the batsman or bowler has "IMPROVED HIS GENERAL BATTING/BOWLING!

Thankyou
      Replies will be really appreciated!
      I don't recall ever getting such a reply, or hearing anyone else reporting having got one.

To make matters worse, as you may know, the number of days training on the form screen is reset each year, so if you want to keep track of how much general training someone's had, you have to do it manually.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that general training never works. On the contrary, I think it's safe to assume that it is working, although it's still possible that it works much slower than other forms of training.

It will most likely work better for some than for others, but this will quite possibly be random and thus entirely a matter of luck.

Someone please get a scout or editor, do the experiment and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
        I don't recall ever getting such a reply, or hearing anyone else reporting having got one.

To make matters worse, as you may know, the number of days training on the form screen is reset each year, so if you want to keep track of how much general training someone's had, you have to do it manually.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that general training never works. On the contrary, I think it's safe to assume that it is working, although it's still possible that it works much slower than other forms of training.

It will most likely work better for some than for others, but this will quite possibly be random and thus entirely a matter of luck.

Someone please get a scout or editor, do the experiment and report back.

I don't suppose you could tell us how the different types of coaching work Sureshot?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
          I don't suppose you could tell us how the different types of coaching work Sureshot?
          Yes that would be beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
              Im a rookie but here is my take on it so far. You can change a batsman to make him a better alround player. Example, your batsman has a strong legside preference, so you train Offside. When you get the improvement alert, you will see it says now he has only a slight legside preference.

Here's something I think is true: Don't waste your time trying to coach unkown youth players, unless they have serious ability. Just test the batsman in a few game and you will know if he is good or not. And don't even bother with young bowlers.

I play Middlesex and S Finn is a RF bowler and a gun. I found 2 very young RF bowlers in youth with good 2nds stats with a view to make a home grown star. One of them improved accurracy twice as well as agression twice over 2 seasons. He also had 4.5 form stars so time for FC i thought. In the game he bowled rubbish, full tosses etc and felt like a MF pace at best, never looked like taking a wicket. You have to buy genuine bowlers then training may improve them. I figure its the same with batsman, they have to be able to score runs before you even bother traing them, otherwise you are wasting time. I cut them and found H Kamli D Willey instead. What a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Im a rookie but here is my take on it so far. You can change a batsman to make him a better alround player. Example, your batsman has a strong legside preference, so you train Offside. When you get the improvement alert, you will see it says now he has only a slight legside preference.

Here's something I think is true: Don't waste your time trying to coach unkown youth players, unless they have serious ability. Just test the batsman in a few game and you will know if he is good or not. And don't even bother with young bowlers.

I play Middlesex and S Finn is a RF bowler and a gun. I found 2 very young RF bowlers in youth with good 2nds stats with a view to make a home grown star. One of them improved accurracy twice as well as agression twice over 2 seasons. He also had 4.5 form stars so time for FC i thought. In the game he bowled rubbish, full tosses etc and felt like a MF pace at best, never looked like taking a wicket. You have to buy genuine bowlers then training may improve them. I figure its the same with batsman, they have to be able to score runs before you even bother traing them, otherwise you are wasting time. I cut them and found H Kamli D Willey instead. What a difference!
                I find the same. Most of my regen bowlers from the youth team average over 20 so I just don't offer them a contract and then I've got 2 things to look out for. I could use the money to look out for a better regen bowler or batsman or buy someone who is early in their career. Sometimes you can drop a few rubbish players and buy one good player who is likely to get an England contract.

Comment

I would also like to know whether young players receive automatic technique training from their domestic club when you are controlling and international team? I am always tempted to carry a few young passengers in an international squad so that I can train them, but would they improve anyway without my interference?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

You must give young players some time. Most bowlers struggle in their first few FC matches. Give him 10-15 games before making a decision. Unless the bowler is really rubbish you can give up sooner.
                    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
                      You must give young players some time. Most bowlers struggle in their first few FC matches. Give him 10-15 games before making a decision. Unless the bowler is really rubbish you can give up sooner.
                      Yes I have made a few mistakes with that. I cut Robbie Williams from my Middlesex side and now he is averaging 22 in FC games. I also had a regen batsman J Rigby who wanted a contract upgrade of over $60,000, money i didn't have. He's now scoring Test 100's this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
                        Yes there is a tip that says, if they haven't had 15 games in the format, you don't yet know what they are capable of.

However, with bowlers especially, an average of 25 in 2nds is not going to cut it. If a youth bowler averages more than about 23, they are probably not worth your trouble. And that leaves very few indeed! Of course, 2nds batting averages are inflated too and equally hard to use as a guide, but there you're much more likely to find a youth batsman averaging 50ish+ (in 2nds of course lol), than you are to find a 2nds bowler who's good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
                          Yes there is a tip that says, if they haven't had 15 games in the format, you don't yet know what they are capable of.

However, with bowlers especially, an average of 25 in 2nds is not going to cut it. If a youth bowler averages more than about 23, they are probably not worth your trouble. And that leaves very few indeed! Of course, 2nds batting averages are inflated too and equally hard to use as a guide, but there you're much more likely to find a youth batsman averaging 50ish+ (in 2nds of course lol), than you are to find a 2nds bowler who's good enough.
                          I had a player who averaged 13 with the ball in the 2nds so I bought him and he played for England in his first season!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X