D Bracewell
    I Butler
    M Gillespie
    T Boult
    B Arnel
    M Henry

Comment

• England Squad

For the First Test we've selected a mixed squad, with regen Larry Parry set to make his debut, as is young Reece "Toppler" Topley. I'm not sure where the last place will be contested..... Maybe between the bowlers, conditions dependent.

Comment

• Larry Parry... oh I love the random naming process.

Comment

• 1st Test vs NZ

Woakes misses out but I'm sure will play a part in this series.

We won the toss and chose to bat.

Day 1
          A very mixed day for us! Hales and Cook made a user record opening partnership of 196 before Hales fell, so close to his first century, on 96. This wicket was followed by a tumble which left us at 244-6. But at the end of the day, it was new man Parry on 50* and Swann on 25* with an unbeaten 75 partnership as we finished on 319-6.

Day 2
          Parry fell early on for 63, a composed debut knock! We had a similar collapse to the first day in the lower order to finish on 354 all out, Swann the last man to go on 39. Only 4 men passed 20 runs. Swann continued to contribute as he finished the day with 5 of the 7 wickets we took and New Zealand finished the day on 234-7, with Topley the only man to not take a wicket.

Day 3
          A short lived rebuild between Bracewell and Brownlie took New Zealand into the 270's, before Finn took the 8th wicket and Topley finished the tail off with 2 in 2. We really put the pressure on with the bat, gaining a lead of 323 by the end of the day. Cook was unbeaten on 124 and Parry 42 not out. Taylor fell just short of 50 but the signs are good so far for our young batsmen

Day 4
          We put on a further hundred and odd, losing 2 wickets. Parry went for 60 and Trott for 14, while Cook made a second fantastic century, finishing on 182 not out. We had left New Zealand needing 431 to win. We bowled reasonably well as NZ finished the day on 135-3, 7 wickets to get on the final day!

Day 5
          So here's the day for our bowlers to prove themselves! Topley and Anderson settled the spectators nerves, taking 4 early wickets with New Zealand on 175-7. Swann and Toppler finished them off, as young Reece performed his party trick of getting the last two wickets in two balls as we recorded an easy win.

Series State: England lead 1-0 with 1 game remaining.

Batting Award: Alastair Cook. How could I choose anybody else?!

Bowling Award: Graeme Swann. 7 wickets in the game at under 2.5 an over! Showing no signs of getting old just yet!
          Last edited by UTBash; 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• 2nd Test vs NZ

Squad News: Jack Fallis* for Trott.
            Team News: Fallis and Woakes for Trott and Finn. None for NZ.

*Jack Fallis is another regen, he is 22 years old and has scored almost 800 runs this season in 4 first class games at an average of over 100. He also has a strike rate in FC games of 76.54%. Although I don't want to make a habit of including too many regens I just can't resist this lad! He is from Essex.

We won the toss and batted first again.

Day 1
            Hales falling for just 14 meant Fallis had an early opportunity. He started off nervously before he found his stride, passing 50 when we were 128-3. Him and Parry put on 62 before the debutant fell for a very good 82 including 9 fours and 3 sixes. Parry failed to pass fifty for the third time as he fell for 36. We finished the day on 277-6 and our innings could go either way.

Day 2
            Woakes showed his batting capabilities making a useful 34 not out before running out of partners. Bell made 70 and we were bowled out for 326. Matt Henry took his 2nd five wicket haul against us. Our mixture of youth and experience in the bowling department worked well as we rolled them over before the day was out for just 161. Chris Woakes was particularly impressive. We ended the day 14-1 after losing Cook for 0.

Day 3
            Young batsmen Fallis and Hales took to the crease on day 3. Both weren't there particularly long, making just 33 between themselves. At 48-3 we were struggling. Parry was once again the composed man, making his third 50 in four innings when we were 147-5, still in a position which wasn't too good. Parry needed to push on this time for the team. Bairstow needed to come of age in this format also. The two youngsters batted excellently, with Parry finishing the day on 126 and Bairstow on 53.

Day 4
            We batted all through the morning session. This allowed Bairstow to make his century and Parry to pass 150!! We declared with a lead of 532. They batted well, finishing the day on 177-2.

Day 5
            More to follow

Comment

Working...
            X