England under UTBash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UTBash View Post
    I know what you mean, but the problem had been for me that none of them were performing! Haha, Taylor finally came good against new zealand though in the test series. A new season is what we need I think. Strauss won't be returning to the side and a few other batsmen will be gone too.
    Same. Strauss,Trott and Pietersen will play their last matches in the first home series next season. Trott hasn't done anything wrong as such, but I prefer to have Bell at 3 with Taylor at 4. Prior is under pressure, but so far, he's responded superbly, so I may try and incorporate both Bairstow and Prior somehow. I plan to look at Roy and Root against the Kiwis though, I need some sort of back up at least, if one of Cook or Hales gets injured.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

• Squad Update

For the T20i series vs New Zealand, we have one change, with Borthwick coming in to replace Samit Patel.

Comment

• 1st T20i vs NZ

For this game we go with a quite different XI than usual in the T20 format.

England: Cook, Kieswetter, Hales, Taylor, Morgan, Bairstow, Broad, Borthwick, Kerrigan, Anderson, Topley.

NZ: Ryder, Rutherford, Taylor, Williamson, Brownlie, De Boorder, Vettori, Wagner, Bracewell, Boult, Henry.

NZ won the toss and chose to bat.

They started pretty well actually, hitting 50 from the first 6 overs. Taylor made a good half century and all our bowlers finished with very similar figures, Topley was once again our best bowler! They made a decent 138-7.

We never got going at all, and despite having wickets in hand and high aggression orders, our batsman refused to go for the big runs. Alex Hales bored the crowd as he played for his average, making 50 from his 59 balls. Good for an ODI, not so good chasing 7 an over in a T20 with lots of wickets in hand.

Batting Award: Alex Hales. Somewhat reluctantly, but to be fair he batted well, even if it was a bit slow. I'm glad he's getting runs anyway.

Bowling Award: Reece Topley. Continued to bowl excellently for us!

Series State: New Zealand lead 1-0.

Comment

• What aggression levels do you use for T20Is/ ODIs?

Comment

• Only 4 down and 20 short?!....

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
              What aggression levels do you use for T20Is/ ODIs?
              Normally 2 from full to start with, moving up to 1 from full and then full throughout a batsman's innings...... If we collapse (which i hardly ever seem to do) i drop the new men to 5 bars and increase from there. That is for T20's.

In ODI's i kinda just play around with it depending on the situation

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutz View Post
                Only 4 down and 20 short?!....
                I have no answer! Aggression was high!

Comment

Normally 2 from full to start with, moving up to 1 from full and then full throughout a batsman's innings...... If we collapse (which i hardly ever seem to do) i drop the new men to 5 bars and increase from there. That is for T20's.

In ODI's i kinda just play around with it depending on the situation
                  We have a fairly differing style then, I tend to give the openers 1 from full for the first over, then full, and then the same for the other batsmen until the end of the over they came in.

ODI's I go for a flat 5 bar aggression until the 35 over/ batting powerplay, whichever comes first, then max it out for the last 15. It's been reasonably successful so far.

Comment

I have no answer! Aggression was high!
                    Yes. This happens sometimes.

Comment

• 2nd T20i vs NZ

No report, just get me the new season PLEASE! haha.

Series Result: NZ win 2-0!!!!!!!

Batting Award: Craig Kieswetter. Nobody stood out but he was our best batsman, and has been one of our best all year in T20's.

Bowling Award: Chris Woakes. Only going for 13 runs is a quality effort by the young all rounder!

I won't post any T20 series stats, I'll just get straight into my end of season stats and review!

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about the T20s, the Kiwis are top ranked on mine!

Comment

• Season Review (Tests)

2012-13 England Test Review

World Ranking
                          2nd - 25 Points.

Stats

Stars of the Season
                          These are players within the top 20 rankings in the world.

Batsmen
                          A Cook - 1
                          J Trott - 3
                          I Bell - 4
                          A Strauss - 5
                          K Pietersen - 10

Bowlers
                          J Anderson - 5
                          G Swann - 8
                          S Finn - 13

Comment

• Season Review (ODI's)

2012-13 England ODI Review

World Ranking
                            2nd - 27 points

STATS

The only man missing is Tremlett who bowled 5 wicketless overs at over 10 an over.

Stars of the Season

Batsmen
                            I Bell - 5
                            J Trott - 7
                            A Cook - 17
                            J Bairstow - 18

Bowlers
                            G Swann - 14
                            R Topley - 16

Comment

• Season Review (T20i's)

2012-13 England T20i Review

World Ranking
                              4th - 14 points

STATS

Stars of the Season

Batsmen
                              C Kieswetter - 4
                              A Cook - 7
                              E Morgan - 11

Bowlers
                              J Anderson - 3
                              S Broad - 10
                              G Swann - 11
                              S Patel - 15
                              Last edited by UTBash; 09-03-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• 2013-14 Schedule

New Zealand in England (2 Tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20i)
                                Australia in England (5 Tests, 5 ODI's, 2 T20i's)
                                England in Australia (5 Tests, Triangular Series, 2 T20i's)
                                England in West Indies (3 Tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20i)
                                World Cup 20 in Bangladesh.

We have to be in form for the Aussies! I'm hoping to keep my ranking positions this year as I look to introduce some new young faces, including regen Larry Parry. He is an exciting 23 year old Northants batsman, averaging 78.00 with the bat in 8 first class games!

Comment

Working...
                                X