Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long term replacements for Tahir and Kallis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term replacements for Tahir and Kallis?

Who do you reckon is better as a long term test replacement for Tahir.. Dale Deeb, Dane Pied or Simon Harmer?

What about Kallis? Obus Pienaar, Dean Elgar or someone else?

I put Quinton de Kock in early on.

What are your thoughts? Any opinions really appreciated - am talking tests. Luckily Kallis stuck around for me till 2015 in my game, but Tahir is also quiet old/not yet established.

A quick note for you Graham, I'll be putting together a list of the nerfed players to upload as we look at a more permanent solution for the future. So I should be getting that uploaded within the next couple of days.

Comment

That sounds really helpful - thanks. There are so many players in South Africa once the provincial and franchise players are put together in one list, so assistance interpreting would be amazing..

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Tahir will be quite easy to replace. He's a 2nd innings bowler who has not done a massive amount in international cricket but as for Kallis..

The man is a legend. Someone can take is position in the SA team -but replace him? As an allrounder he's most complete player over such a long time period the game has had in my lifetime - and I'm including Imran, Hadlee, Kapil, Botham and all those that came after in that list.

He'll likely end up with 300 test wickets and probably 15,000 test runs. (he's almost there now) No one comes close to that overall record. It's better than Sobers.

All this wittering on about Pietersen and how small Taylor is and how slow Broad and Finn are bowling...and Kallis just keeps scoring runs, taking wickets and plucking catches out of the air. There may never be another Kallis.

Replace Kallis? Might as well jump out of a spacecraft and ask what you're going to do to replace oxygen.

Scritty
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Haha I agree with all that. Sober's SR of 91 with the ball is the only thing that lets him down. I meant replace in the team of course. De Kock is a great batsman worthy of the top 6 potentially so I have been attempting to find a no.7 type allrounder to replace Kallis with in 2015! Big boots to fill indeed...

Comment

If you ask the replacement if Gilchrist Yes Its found that's non other
            Quantum D cock I am follow from last 2 years He has capability to be
            next Gilly

But what about Tendulkar Replacement

Thread Creator : We can talk not only of just two tahir and Kallis but all the replacement
            of great "Long Term Replacement for All Greats" could be more suitable
            Last edited by cricfan1; 08-10-2012, 02:38 AM.
            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              A quick note for you Graham, I'll be putting together a list of the nerfed players to upload as we look at a more permanent solution for the future. So I should be getting that uploaded within the next couple of days.
              I am heading off to Kruger National Park for a couple of weeks tomorrow, so if the list is uploaded between now and my return, you can be assured that my non-reply is not because I am not grateful!

Will have data roaming on my cell phone, but it is nice sometimes not to check things when on holiday (although I will be tempted). Caster Semenya's race (gold I hope) tonight will be the last sport I watch before setting off, although I understand the third test will be on in most of the Kruger camps (forget the animals then, haha).

Comment

Working...
              X