bowling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowling question

when bowling against a batsmen who uses opposite hand..i.e a left handed batsmen and a right handed bowler, should you always start with the right handed bowler going around wicket..i.e bowling to right hand side of stumps as oppose to left hand side when facing a right handed batsmen. Or should you just use the orthodox side for the bowler regardless of the batsmen as a default setup???

if i face left handed batsmen and only have RH bowlers i never know how to set the bowler as a standard setup.

if you can follow that your a better man than i, i have tried many different explanations and this is best i can do...sorry

Most right-arm bowlers bowl over the wicket (left side of the stumps) regardless of whether the batsman is LH or RH. However, if for a tactical reason you wish to alter the angle (as Morkel and Steyn do to Strauss by bowling round the wicket in ongoing Test series) then you can.

In the game, I usually always bowl over the wicket unless things get desperate!

Hope that at least partly answers your question!

Comment

thats great...thanks

Comment

Working...
      X