No announcement yet.

Wish list for 2013 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have repeatedly said, it really bugs me that India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe don't have first names. Could this be fixed please?

Comment

I think the game must produce some more no. of opening all-rounders and OD,T20 specific openers in regens.In the 2012 edition it produces just about 1-2 players of that type for 60 odd years.

Comment

I dont know if this has ever been considered, but! Wouldn't it be good to be able to choose your nationality when starting a career. I'm sure theres plently of people that what to play the English county career, but want to play as a West Indian or South African etc. Especialy as of now neither of these domestic careers available in-game.

Comment

You can manage as one of the domestic sides and as West Indies, ect.. Manager

Comment

More playable domestic leagues - India (non-IPL) and South Africa come to mind; will surely result in improved sales.

Non-playable domestic leagues and teams (squads) being simulated more accurately. Maybe even the ability to check squads and league tables for non-playable leagues in the test playing nations.

Champions League T20.

Comment

Originally posted by badgercd View Post
              More playable domestic leagues - India (non-IPL) and South Africa come to mind; will surely result in improved sales.
              I would really love this as I enjoy playing county and England simultaneously, but as a South African would love to do the equivalent with a franchise and South Africa.

Comment

I would like to the player to create a club that starts from the bottom playing in competitions on the internet against players the interesting part would be a bunch of unknowns. Very similar to Battrick and From the Pavilion.

In all three game types 20/20 One day, First Class
                Finances
                Building your stadiums and improving your club.
                Hiring coaches and staff.
                Contracts and bidding. (3 bids per season)
                Training and Physio.
                Players as they are stars the only difference is you will not know the whole ability
                E.G Level 1 is 0-20
                Level 2 20-40
                Level 3 40-60
                level 4 60-80
                level 5 80-100
                In three or four characteristics Batting Bowling fielding Stamina. You also got your different types of players as you have already added and type of batsman for the different type of games we need the type of bowler.
                Injurries and retirement (35 - 42 should be a ramdom retirement of players depending on factors. They will also loose skills ramdomly over that period of time).

What I have seen is that top teams in the Cricket managers and coaches they are to dominant and very hard to make inroads in the competition.
                Not having a team totally dominant the youth should only produce 1 or 2 exceptional players 4 and 5 level every two years.
                Having only 3 transfers per season and competition for those transfers will also be a burden.
                The idea of it is to give everyone chances and able to gain rank and loose rank. From one game type should be your ranking so a team can excel in one facet so you may be in the top league in 20/20 but in a lower league in First class.

(Not knowing fully of a players skill will be the factor to players)

You may also have the top first class teams for Cricket Captain for players to earn the captaincy for the international side state or country sides. Calling players from lower leagues to play in those competitions. Giving a advantage to the youths increasing thier skills slightly or another transfer.

Well that is my wish to make the perfect game.

Comment

Some nice ideas here especially the post on more batting options like play for singles, etc.

Simply for me I want consistent pauses between highlights so I can't determine what highlight it is, say a boundary or a wicket. Always when a wicket is coming up, it goes quickly into the highlight; it spoils the fun a little bit for me (had the same problem in football manager back in an earlier version).

Comment

Originally posted by benhubbs View Post
                    Some nice ideas here especially the post on more batting options like play for singles, etc.

Simply for me I want consistent pauses between highlights so I can't determine what highlight it is, say a boundary or a wicket. Always when a wicket is coming up, it goes quickly into the highlight; it spoils the fun a little bit for me (had the same problem in football manager back in an earlier version).
                    Yeah, that would be nice. Even if it means having to program in the longer pause at all times, it would be preferable. Just a cosmetic thing though really, I guess.

Comment

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but will ICC 2013 allow for run outs at the non-striker's end? It was very frustrating in previous games to see the batsmen tap singles to mid on and mid off, and easily complete the single, because the throw would never go to the bowler's end.

Comment

I'd like to see

* More varied player development. Some players start out hot but don't reach their full potential. Others are late bloomers and experience a much later peak.

*Injuries. Injuries are not very realistic right now. I want to see position specific and realistic cricket injuries. Bowlers should get injured more often than batsmen. And serious injuries should affect long term player development.
                        Last edited by Isura; 06-21-2013, 09:11 PM.
                        Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

When managing a county and country (not England) it would be nice if the overseas player selection for the county signings included more players from the country you were also controlling. It is nice to develop youngsters for ones international team, by training and exposing them to county matches.

Comment

I would like to see:

- the ability for an international team to select what pitch they have and select a squad accordingly.
                            - the ability of regens to be massively reduced. I think it is fair to say that in 3 years' time, it is unlikely that the England team will consist of 3-4 players who haven't played a single game of professional cricket in 2013.
                            - to be able to negotiate more than 3 contracts at a time when it comes to contracts and to have a list of the players that might be available at the end of the season. As it is, you have to gamble on which players are available.
                            - to be told specifically what the availability of overseas players will be (ie IPL or international series and when they will return) and the ability to sign a second reserve player during the season if both overseas players are unavailable.
                            - a way in which the ability of a wicketkeeper's keeping ability can be measured.
                            - left arm bowlers to automatically bowl over the wicket.
                            - more realistic default fields to choose from.

Comment

What I would love is for those odd ridiculous LBW or caught behind for there to be a review system with DRS and Hotspot and Snicko to make the game more like real life

Comment

Originally posted by edwardarsenal View Post
                                What I would love is for those odd ridiculous LBW or caught behind for there to be a review system with DRS and Hotspot and Snicko to make the game more like real life
                                Hi dude

The game is out so this thread is pretty redundant.

Add your stuff to this instead ...

Comment

Working...
                                X