Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODI series time.

Squad are shown below:

Ryan McLaren is the new face in comparison to the last ODI squad against New Zealand.

umm yeah...

Comment

South Africa XI:
      G.Smith
      H.Amla
      J.Kallis
      A.de Villiers(c&wk)
      J.Rudolph
      J.Duminy
      F.du Plessis
      R.McLaren
      V.Philander
      D.Steyn
      L.Tsotsobe
      This side bats pretty deep. Purposely done so to counter-act the barrage of quality spin bowlers we'll be facing.

Pakistan XI:
      U.Salahuddin
      A.Shehzad
      F.Alam
      A.Shafiq
      Y.Khan
      S.Ahmed
      M.Hafeez
      A.Rehman
      N.Hussain
      S.Ajmal
      A.Ahmed
      As expected, 3 frontline spin bowlers in the side, all of whom are expected bowl their quota of ten overs.

Well, having a deep batting order didn't really matter as our top order scored all the runs for us. Hasim Amla scored a beautiful century (his average in ODIs is 57 now!?!?). Smith was also in the runs. Kallis (40) batted too defensively for my liking after the 135 opening stand and we ended up getting 270, about 20 runs short of what we could have gotten had we got on with it a bit more.
      Pakistan chased the total down with 3 overs to spare. Kallis and McLaren weren't strong enough 4th and 5th bowlers to get the job done. But the main problem was the total we put up.

Comment

Basically, I board at a college in Taunton. This means it's very difficult for me to get into forums such as this on my laptop (I'm typing this on my Ipad). The school doesn't allow us to. So, apologies for the big delay when but I go home on the occasional weekend I'll be sure to keep posting.
        Last edited by Alrounder80; 10-02-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          Basically, I board at a college in Taunton. This means it's very difficult for me to get into forums such as this on my laptop (I'm typing this on my Ipad). The school doesn't allow us to. So, apologies for the big delay when but I go home on the occasional weekend I'll be sure to keep posting.
          Ouch, unlucky, shame, your story's good. I guess that's the price you pay for an above-average education.

Comment

Working...
          X