Which players are nerfed?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which players are nerfed?!

I was wondering if it is possible to indicate which South African players have been nerfed? Perhaps indicating by their name that most of their cricket has been played at provincial rather than franchise level? The letter P could be put by their name for the ones whose averages must be taken with a pinch of salt as they have not achieved their stats playing for a franchise?

Most of the SA players don't have a club in ICC 2012 for some reason e.g. Simon Harmer who plays for the Warriors and is currently playing for the South Africa A side against Sri Lanka.

Does nobody know the answer to this?

I am in 2017 with South Africa and despite being a seasoned player of the game am ranked mid table in tests! I think it is because I have selection issues. How does one know when selecting a team whether the current first class stats of a player refer to provincial games or franchise games? It makes a huge difference in terms of their playing ability. Someone with a FC batting average of 49 at provincial level is not going to cut it batting at 6 for South Africa, whereas someone who has the same average playing for their franchise would.

Most of the SA players don't have a club which makes it harder still to select!

I have a void in my team left by Kallis, a declining Morkel and Steyn, a declining de Villiers and Amla, no Smith, no Rudolph etc etc. I need to blood youngsters in desperately but have no way of knowing what their first class record refers to!! Anyone have any idea? Sureshot or Chris perhaps?

Comment

My understanding is that all the domestic games generated by the computer will be all on the same level, being that the South African domestic system is not included in the game. By that mark, it should be easy enough to find the best young players in terms of regens by their career averages, and the older players should be able to be judged by looking at seasonal averages from the last few years. Does that make sense or am I talking gibberish again?

Comment

We're taking a look and seeing what we can do. This doesn't affect regens.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. A little more information on the current players would be great in order to know which of the current crop of 18-24 year olds might be useful after 3 or 4 seasons when some of SA's big guns retire/decline..

Comment

Why not delete all the irrelevant provincial players? There are an awful lot of players who would never play for South African in the game and would not get selected for a county team either as an overseas player..

The current crop of "A" cricketers, anyone who has played for SA in any format in the last 5 years and a few tasty youngsters (like Roussouw, Obus Pienaar, de Kock etc) are the only ones a county team might want to select and these players have international mileage/potential.

Obviously this need not apply for regens...

On another note, I have been gutted that Marchant de Lange has not popped up as an option for my county team - would like to develop him for my South Africa team (which I also manage) and think a county season would help..

Comment

Or alternatively all players "recommended" by the selectors committee could flash up in a different colour? Perhaps up to 30 players could be highlighted as worth considering... At the moment it is just guess-work as FC stats mean different things from player to player..

Out of interest, are you looking at a solution for next year's game, or as a potential patch in the future?

Have given up playing as South Africa and might stick with a county + one of the countries that does not have a 2-tier FC system.

Comment

I think we'll provide a solution one way or another for this year, even if it's something done outside of the game. Still discussing this at the moment.

You've given me an idea there which expands on an suggestion from someone else with regards to de Lange, though that is definitely something for next year. It's a good point.

Comment

That would be fantastic as one encounters problems when playing with South Africa for the first 5/6 seasons until regens start dominating the team.

It would be great if you could let us know what you decide and when you think it could be implemented? Apart from this little issue am enjoying this year's game more than any other - the game is a lot slicker and I notice little improvements in the match engine on a regular basis!

Comment

To merge a different topic of mine...

I have always added a few young "passengers" to my international squads in order that I can give some of the young up and coming players some technique coaching. Presumably if I didn't do this the players would be improving and receiving such coaching anyway for their clubs? Quite a lot of the international players aren't listed as playing for a club..

I think "A" sides should be simulated (much like 2nd xi games are) in future releases perhaps. The player development side is tricky if managing an international team...

So is there likely to be any help for any of us who want to manage the transition from the current SA team to a future one?

South Africa become difficult to manage (as one would expect) after Kallis retires, but it is so difficult to plug the gap without knowing which players the game has penalised.. Roussouw, O Pienaar, Harmer, van Zyl etc are all promising but it is difficult to know who to go for..

Also with Boucher gone, is de Kock a good choice etc?

Comment

Sorry this took a couple of weeks, I was waiting on something from Chris who was away at the time.

I've attached the nerfed SA province players below.

Not going to say how much they've been nerfed, but should be helpful in letting you know who has inflated stats. Players who have played international receive less of a nerf than those who haven't. Though I think this only affects a handful.

It's something we should be presenting in-game next year, I've put it in the design doc for next year and I think it'll have a highish priority as it's important for selection.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ha just read your list with a view of the Kingsmead ground in Durban! It looks pretty accurate to me, although I hope you haven't been too harsh on Harmer, van Zyl or Rossouw?! . I reckon I could add a few players that the game has been too generous to in my opinion?

Comment

Any feedback on it and we'll review it.

Comment

I think 1 bangladesh player i found in South africa lineup in season 2017 during selecting overseas player for my english domestic team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              Any feedback on it and we'll review it.
                              It would be useful if you cut down the list to the best 30.

Comment

Working...
                              X