Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently using Comodo antivirus yes, so is this the problem.
    If i do uninstall it however i'm worried about things flooding in, if i get the game going and then reinstall comodo would the game work? or alternatively is there another download anitvirus software that you would recommend that works with the game?

Comment

Really sad now.. never had this problem.. This game also doesn't require high graphics and all and still the problem of the game not opening... I dunno what firewall issues are there.. as I have the windows firewall which is put to off now and have Microsoft Security Essentials.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED GAME IS STARTING, HERE'S WHAT I DID:

1) Turn Windows Firewall Off, If not done do it now and add exception of International Cricket Captain 2012 to it.

2) Run>sysdm.cpl>Advanced Tab>Performance>Settings>Data Execution Prevention>Turn On DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

3) Start International Cricket Captain 2012 as administrator but before that in the properties start the game in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode.
        Last edited by anuragvivek93; 07-04-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paddlesweep View Post
          I'm currently using Comodo antivirus yes, so is this the problem.
          If i do uninstall it however i'm worried about things flooding in, if i get the game going and then reinstall comodo would the game work? or alternatively is there another download anitvirus software that you would recommend that works with the game?
          Have you tried adding the game as an exception in Comodo?

I'd suggest trying to run the game and then following the "Browse Running Processes" if you can. Though as the link says, "browse files" will be easier.

Comment

Guys, Ive tried everything on this thread and it still doesnt start for me. I have tried DEP, firewall, anti virus, the whole lot. I have even uninstalled and re-installed.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. I have ICC 2011 and installed and played it with no problems at all.
            Last edited by prad_n; 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Have you right clicked and Run As Admin?

What anti-virus/firewall do you use? Have you had any other anti-virus or firewalls installed on your machine in the past?

It may be a case of turning them off rather than disabling when attempting to run it (as some won't actually turn off).

Comment

I use AVG.

I turned off and disabled my Windows Firewall as well.

And I am running as the administrator as it is not a shared computer.
                Last edited by prad_n; 07-13-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Can I please get some help guys ? Any other ideas on what to do ?

I re-installed it and now it does not load at all and just says "in order to finish initializing please run as an administrator" but I am running as an administrator.

My computer has only 1 user profile and I checked and it is the administrator profile.
                  Last edited by prad_n; 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

The instruction is quite clear: even if your user has administrator privileges, still right-click and opt for "Run as administrator". Have you tried this, and if so why do you not mention it?

Comment

Originally posted by anuragvivek93 View Post
                      problem solved game is starting, here's what i did:

1) turn windows firewall off, if not done do it now and add exception of international cricket captain 2012 to it.

2) run>sysdm.cpl>advanced tab>performance>settings>data execution prevention>turn on dep for essential windows programs and services only.

3) start international cricket captain 2012 as administrator but before that in the properties start the game in windows xp (service pack 2) compatibility mode.
                      this....!!

Comment

Originally posted by prad_n
                        Thanks for translating it for me tossbag, but in case my reply was not clear enough for you, I tried that already. And by the way my request for help was not to you it was to the admins.

Thanks for your concern but maybe pass it to someone who cares.
                        Maybe time for this to be closed and help to be offered via a PM ....

Or failing that ... Seconds out ... Round 2

Comment

This is the screen I am getting when I try to open the program. I have tried everything on this thread. Nothing seems to work.

Comment

I'll need Nigel's assistance on this.

Comment

Hi Prad,

Can you try this:

Can you also temporarily turn off the UAC and then run the game?

We explain technology. Learn more with our articles, reviews, tips, and the best answers to your most pressing tech questions.

Hmm, lets also take other possibilities out of the equation, albeit unlikely best to remove them as a possible source. Can you check your gfx drivers are up to date, best way to do this is: Click Start, type dxdiag in the search bar and press enter, then go to Display tab, can you then tell me:

Device Name
                              Driver Version
                              Driver Date

Can you also: Click Start > Control Panel > Program > Programs and Features

This will give a list of installed programs, scroll down to the entries titled: Microsoft Visual C++. Can you tell me the full name and version numbers of each of these Visual C++ entries. I don't think this is the issue, but it's best to remove it as a possibility.

Have you ever had another anti-virus or firewall installed on this machine (any accounts)? You don't have the AVG firewall installed as well as the Windows one? If you use more than one AVG and one firewall they can and almost certainly will cause conflicts in most situations.

It will also be handy if you can: Click Start> type Event Viewer in the search bar and press enter (this may take some time to load). When it's all opened, can you cross-check the Windows Logs titled Application and Security, can you look in these logs and cross reference the time in the logs with the time you attempted to run the game (it may be easiest to attempt to run the game again, note the time down and then look at this). Can you also check the Administrative Events option in Custom View, again with cross-referencing the time stamps.

When looking at the log entries you may say a red x or a yellow ! in a triangle next to events. If this is related to the time at which you tried to start the game please tell me the event details when you click on it.

There's a fair bit to go through there...

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                                Hi Prad,

Can you try this:

Can you also temporarily turn off the UAC and then run the game?

We explain technology. Learn more with our articles, reviews, tips, and the best answers to your most pressing tech questions.

Hmm, lets also take other possibilities out of the equation, albeit unlikely best to remove them as a possible source. Can you check your gfx drivers are up to date, best way to do this is: Click Start, type dxdiag in the search bar and press enter, then go to Display tab, can you then tell me:

Device Name
                                Driver Version
                                Driver Date

Can you also: Click Start > Control Panel > Program > Programs and Features

This will give a list of installed programs, scroll down to the entries titled: Microsoft Visual C++. Can you tell me the full name and version numbers of each of these Visual C++ entries. I don't think this is the issue, but it's best to remove it as a possibility.

Have you ever had another anti-virus or firewall installed on this machine (any accounts)? You don't have the AVG firewall installed as well as the Windows one? If you use more than one AVG and one firewall they can and almost certainly will cause conflicts in most situations.

It will also be handy if you can: Click Start> type Event Viewer in the search bar and press enter (this may take some time to load). When it's all opened, can you cross-check the Windows Logs titled Application and Security, can you look in these logs and cross reference the time in the logs with the time you attempted to run the game (it may be easiest to attempt to run the game again, note the time down and then look at this). Can you also check the Administrative Events option in Custom View, again with cross-referencing the time stamps.

When looking at the log entries you may say a red x or a yellow ! in a triangle next to events. If this is related to the time at which you tried to start the game please tell me the event details when you click on it.

There's a fair bit to go through there...
                                I have noticed if you have Skype open and you try and open Cricket Captain it doesn't work so you have to close Skype and then open it. Just a minor issue though.

Comment

Working...
                                X