Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems starting Cricket Captain 2012?

For those of you experiencing issues please read this thread for relevant information.

You should also read:

this thread

From last year.

The issue where the game won't start and you get no error it just does nothing is because something is stopping the game from working, in most cases this is related to your anti-virus or firewall blocking the game from starting. It can also be the DEP and Admin issues as in the linked thread, though these are less likely.

C++ and .NET framework being out of date can cause issues, but this is more likely to result in a crash than the unresponsive execution issue.

Sureshot
    --------
    Hey Folks, having a similar issue to many last year in regard to loading the game. Double clicking the icon just makes it look like its loading for a moment, then nothing (it appears in task manager as cricket.exe 32, then disappears a few seconds later).

I'm running Windows 7 Home 64bit on my laptop.

I've tried all the hints and tips in this thread (DEP settings, XP compatable, admin mode, shutting off firewall etc) to no avail.

I can't see any link on the support page for emailing 2012 issues, so any help in here would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM.

Thank you very much for listening, clearly posting in here was all it took.... (and another reboot)

For those struggling too. Don't ignore advice and just disable ZoneAlarm, delete it completely..... Oops!

Though for some strange reason its got my mouse buttons inverted.... I used to have that when I used an external mouse, but I'm only on the mousepad, and thats set up right handed in windows, but yet the game wants me to right click still....

Comment

Yes, ZoneAlarm was an issue last year. Looks like it's going to be a pain again this year, though not surprising as we haven't, well can't, change anything in that regard. Essentially it's blocking the game from running for some reason. Plenty of good AV's out there to choose from. I've used nothing but the Windows Firewall on Win7 installs and had no issues. I often find it can take a while to find an anti-virus and firewall combination that not only suits you, but suits your machine.

The second issue is an odd one. Have you right clicked and Run As Admin?*

*Even if you are on an Admin account you have to do this, due to the quirks of UAC.

Comment

Hi all, I am having a problem on launch. I've just installed the 2012 license and as I boot it, it throws me up the following message:

CricketIII MFC Application has stopped working

- Check online for a solution and close the program.

- Close the program.

I click on "View problem details" and this is what it throws out at me, it's no use to me but maybe someone will be able to decipher:

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: cricket.exe
        Application Version: 1.0.0.1
        Application Timestamp: 4fefcc3f
        Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
        Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
        Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
        Exception Code: c0000005
        Exception Offset: 9ed00248
        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
        Locale ID: 2057
        Additional Information 1: 0a9e
        Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
        Additional Information 3: 0a9e
        Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If anyone could please advise I'd be grateful.

Comment

What Operating System are you using?

Comment

I'm on Windows 7 mate.

Comment

It could be any one of the following:

Anti-virus/firewall is causing it to crash for some reason. What anti-virus/firewall do you use?

The download/install corrupted. We had issues last year that if iTunes was running the background it would cause issues with download and install. Best to turn off any non-essential programs during the installation and to leave both the download and install to do their thing.

If that doesn't work:

Are you on 64-bit?

On your machine can you go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and scroll down to Microsoft .NET Framework and tell me what the name says (Mine says .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, for example) and further down what MS Visual C++ re-distributable packages are installed, there is likely to be more than one of these. If you can tell me the version number at the end, that would be great.

Comment

I'm pretty optimistic that it isn't the anti virus or firewall. I used Comodo/Avast and I have entered both and checked, making tweaks here and there to make sure it has nothing to do with ICC.

I will try the re-installation thing if needs be but all that was running in the background was firefox, iTunes definitely not because I hate the thing and only open it when I absolutely have to.

My mate suggested the 64bit issue himself last night without looking at the C++ so I reckon you're onto something with that.

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile for me too, and:

C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17
                C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.4148
                C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.6161

I hope that makes a lot more sense to yourself than it does to me! If it helps this issue has been present a while, I tried to download ICC2011 and had the same issue, in the end I just bought the disk based version but hopefully you can see something amiss there that I can easily fix.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by The Verminator View Post
                  I'm pretty optimistic that it isn't the anti virus or firewall. I used Comodo/Avast and I have entered both and checked, making tweaks here and there to make sure it has nothing to do with ICC.

I will try the re-installation thing if needs be but all that was running in the background was firefox, iTunes definitely not because I hate the thing and only open it when I absolutely have to.

My mate suggested the 64bit issue himself last night without looking at the C++ so I reckon you're onto something with that.

I hope that makes a lot more sense to yourself than it does to me! If it helps this issue has been present a while, I tried to download ICC2011 and had the same issue, in the end I just bought the disk based version but hopefully you can see something amiss there that I can easily fix.

Thanks for your help.
                  buying a DISK based version solved the problem of ICC not opening?

Comment

Yes, never had the slightest issue with the disk version.

Comment

when is the disk version releasing?

Comment

same problem

I have the same problem as the original thread.
                        I don't appear however to have 'zonealarm' on my computer. If it's definitely there how do i find it? and if it might not be, what else could be causing this problem?

Comment

Paddlesweep - ZoneAlarm is a firewall/anti-virus that has known problems with the digital version. Do you know what firewall and anti-virus you use?

Originally posted by The Verminator View Post

Thanks for your help.
                          Comodo had known issues last year. Uninstall it and you'll most likely find the game will start, the Windows Firewall will be fine for what you need, I've never had an issue with it.

The digital and disk versions work in different ways (same game, no differences there), that's why that worked, it is a solution, but I'd also say you'd probably want to know if system is doing things you don't want it to?

I've not been made aware of any users who have continuing issues with 64-bit, but it's something to take note of.

Comment

JUst a quick response i wont... Is ICC 2012 compatible with 32bit system?

Comment

It's compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems.

Comment

Working...
                              X