Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Australian Captaincy Story (Starting 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Australian Captaincy Story (Starting 2011)

The story of my career with the Australian International side

Hey everyone. This will be a story about my career with the Australian International side. I have tried to start with the current Australian line-ups in each format (or close to it). Enjoy!!

Comment

So first up we have a 3 match ODI series against the Bangladesh. Depite there lowly ranking, they have caused many upsets in this games, and I will be treating them seriously. Before that we have a warm up match against Chittagong. I went in with the following line-up:

Warner, Watson, Ponting, Clarke, D. Hussey, M. Hussey, Wade, Christian, Johnson, Siddle and Hilfenhaus.

After losing the toss and bowling first, I wanted to restrict Chittagong to 200 on a good batting wicket. Our bowlers did the job early before Chittagong recovered to 180. Dan Christian was brilliant with 6-42.

The chase looked reasonably comfortable from the outset, with Warner making a quick-fire 79, and Ponting a composed 50. Clarke and D. Hussey then finished the job.

Final Score

Chittagong

180 All Out
      (N. Islam 45, Christian 6-42, Johnson 2-40)

Australia

3/181
      (Warner 79, Ponting 54)

Comment

Next came Bangladesh. I went into the first ODI with an unchanged line-up after our good win. We lost the toss and fielded first, again aiming to keep them to 200 on a good track.

Bangladesh started well before a middle order collapse left them at 6-120. Annoyingly, their tail wagged as they reached 9-209.

In reply, we were in a bit of trouble at 2-43 before Ponting and Clarke built a magnificant partnership to take us all the way for victory.

Final Score

Bangladesh
        9/209
        (M Mahmudullah 43, S Shuvo 39, Hilfenhaus 3-32, Watson 3-47)

Australia
        2/210
        (Clarke 90, Ponting 74)

Comment

Sorry everyone for the delay. I have been playing this career quite a bit, but had no Internet access, so I haven't been able to tell the story. I am now in 2018.

Comment

My current 15-man squad for test matches looks like this:

Batsman/Keeper

Phil Hughes - Averages 41 with the bat. Was in and out of the squad for quite a while but has started making good runs and looks very safe (54 tests)
            Usman Khawaja - Averages 41 with the bat as well. Was also in and out of the squad for quite a while, but has started to become more consistent (captain) (56 tests)
            Chris Lynn (Keeper) - Averages 40 with the bat. Was called into the squad after failures by Wade and has barely put a foot wrong. A regular over the last 3-4 seasons. (28 tests)
            M Pratchett - Computer Generated Player. Very defensive style, but has made quite a few hundreds. A recent run of poor form has him on the edge. Averages 36.45 (18 tests)
            Larry Hardwick - Started his career shakily, then really came along. ANother run of poor form has him also on the edge. Averages 31. (26 tests)
            Nic Maddinson - Averages 33. Is running out of chances.

Comment

Working...
            X