ICC fan site !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC fan site !!

This idea has been in my mind since last few days.
    I want to start a ICC fan website,just like those of FM.

Here's the domain which i am currently looking at:-
    Code:
    iccfansite.org
    If anyone's interested in working with me,please contact me via private message or by posting in this thread.

As for now,please give me suggestions about following issues:-
    1.IMO a phpbb forum would be great.This childishthings website doesn't have any sections like modification,stories,etc.So,the fansite will be a much enhanced version for the ICC fans.What you guys think??

2.I would buy the domain on my own & currently I am in two minds about the hosting.000webhost.com provides free hosting with a limited space.
    So,i think i must go for it initially & then change to paid hosting after a few months.

3.Getting an official approval from Childishthings.I can contact Chris/Sureshot & get it approved as the approved fan site.

Please give your worthy opinions guys.
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

iccfansite.org is now online.
    It's under development.
    Have a look guys.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Guys the ICCfansite is up & running.
        Please keep visiting & kick start by posting topics.
        There are various sections for different things like stories,ICC 2012,mods,etc.

iccfansite.org

I will try to contact Chris Child/Sureshot asap to get approved as a fansite.

Comment

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
          This idea has been in my mind since last few days.
          I want to start a ICC fan website,just like those of FM.

Here's the domain which i am currently looking at:-
          Code:
          iccfansite.org
          If anyone's interested in working with me,please contact me via private message or by posting in this thread.

As for now,please give me suggestions about following issues:-
          1.IMO a phpbb forum would be great.This childishthings website doesn't have any sections like modification,stories,etc.So,the fansite will be a much enhanced version for the ICC fans.What you guys think??

2.I would buy the domain on my own & currently I am in two minds about the hosting.000webhost.com provides free hosting with a limited space.
          So,i think i must go for it initially & then change to paid hosting after a few months.

3.Getting an official approval from Childishthings.I can contact Chris/Sureshot & get it approved as the approved fan site.

Please give your worthy opinions guys.
          there is no such need for site like this. you're idea is just to make money for you through Google AdSense nothing else let suppose you made this site how would you able to get a authentic information about new comming game/featuers etc..?? because chris child and sureshoot are the only guys how can do this and they already have this forum for that . for me I think this forum is more than enough for us but just need to be updated from Administrators regularly with news about upcomming games/featuers/etc..
          Immu the star

Comment

Originally posted by itsimranarif View Post
            there is no such need for site like this. you're idea is just to make money for you through Google AdSense nothing else let suppose you made this site how would you able to get a authentic information about new comming game/featuers etc..?? because chris child and sureshoot are the only guys how can do this and they already have this forum for that . for me I think this forum is more than enough for us but just need to be updated from Administrators regularly with news about upcomming games/featuers/etc..
            Whether you join it or not,it's your choice.There was always a need for such a site where die-hard ICC fans can gather.It will be a community where there would be everything about icc,whether it is the stories,online game,mods,etc.It would be a place where things are sorted in a very user-friendly way.

Comment

would you like te tell whats wrong with this site ??
              Immu the star

Comment

Originally posted by itsimranarif View Post
                would you like te tell whats wrong with this site ??
                Didn't get you.Did you mean what's wrong with childishthings.co.uk site??

well,there's nothing wrong.This is the official website of the game.The one i created (iccfansite.org) is just a fansite.It has different section for everything,as i mentioned before,like stories,mods,etc.
                And i don't think the ICC developers would ever mind.Fansites do help spreading the game to the masses.
                Look at FM,it has hundreds of fansites,many officially approved by the developers.

Comment

Happy to chip in by giving some of my paid hosting space for use on this project, on 2 simple conditions:

A) There are no ads displayed on the site, and noone is of financial gain (Unless agreed upon by the community for hosting/donation funds), purely community based, while donations towards hosting will be accepted, and any additional donations would go towards copies of ICC12 and beyond to donate back into the community. There would be a separate email/paypal setup, eg: donations@iccfansite.com purely for donations.

and

B) The theme used is NOT the default phpbb theme, because it is ugly as anything.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.
                  Last edited by shaw; 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM. Reason: Removed email address.

Comment

Working...
                  X