WTH is this now???? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH is this now???? :(

My game was working fine till last night but now when i am running it, it says " In order to finish initializing, this application must first be run by a user with administrator privileges.
    Please contact your system administrator for help. 5-2

First of all i am the administrator. Secondly it was running fine till last night. Thirdly when i am trying to play it with run as administrator option, nothing is happening.

Please resolve this. This is very very irritating, such petty issues with such an old game

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
    My game was working fine till last night but now when i am running it, it says " In order to finish initializing, this application must first be run by a user with administrator privileges.
    Please contact your system administrator for help. 5-2

First of all i am the administrator. Secondly it was running fine till last night. Thirdly when i am trying to play it with run as administrator option, nothing is happening.

Please resolve this. This is very very irritating, such petty issues with such an old game
    You've sort of answered your own query here.
    It is an established game, and it certainly hasn't changed since last night.

I'd put good money on something on your system being at fault or having just changed since last night. Have you tried right clicking on the short cut and just selecing "Run As Administrator"?
    I know you have admin priviledges, but sometimes this works anyway.

Last time it happened to me my .net configuration had been compromised and needed to be re-installed from M$

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Yup, definitely an issue with your machine, essentially the message pops up because something within your system has changed.

You will also need to right click and Run As Admin, this is a Windows thing, even if you are logged in to an Admin account you still have to Run As Admin.

Comment

Working...
      X