News About Cricket Captain 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News About Cricket Captain 2012!

If the Facebook Cricket Captain page is reliable - and I believe it is - then the following things are known about this years version of Cricket Captain:

1) Mid to Late June Release for PC
    2) Changes to the T20 System in Australia
    3) There will be an Indian League (Unsure whether it's IPL or the FC League)
    4) New developer for mobile platforms which may lead to an Android Version.

And that is all at the moment. Not too long to wait then.

We've made changes to T20 in Australia to match the current system and there will also be an Indian league.
    Just saw those comments..and my heart skipped a beat...
    so IPL is finally coming!!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!

And improves Aussie T20 might be the BBL??

Anyway,it's going to be the most improved version ever (compared to the previous one).

Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

hmmm seems pretty cool... one major concern will there be any system to save all the data and stats of the retired players

Comment

Originally posted by batcarry View Post
        hmmm seems pretty cool... one major concern will there be any system to save all the data and stats of the retired players
        This is most awaited feature and every time is kept for next release
        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by TheDevil666 View Post
          If the Facebook Cricket Captain page is reliable - and I believe it is - then the following things are known about this years version of Cricket Captain:

1) Mid to Late June Release for PC
          2) Changes to the T20 System in Australia
          3) There will be an Indian League (Unsure whether it's IPL or the FC League)
          4) New developer for mobile platforms which may lead to an Android Version.

And that is all at the moment. Not too long to wait then.
          I do hope they put in a trading system in for the Australian Domestic season. Similar to the English county system.

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
            This is most awaited feature and every time is kept for next release
            Yup - not mentioned in the feature list - AGAIN.
            If that's the case I won't be buying - AGAIN.

No interest in supporting a developer that has no interest in supporting a feature that a huge number of it's customers have been waiting years for.

A feature that should have been in ICC in 1998.

IPL started almost a decade after ICC started - and looks like that going in.
            Stats have been a vital part of cricket sine cricket started, and we are still fobbed off with mickey mouse stats and records that dissapear when a player retires.

What can be so darn difficult about this? The game already creates them? Why can't they come up with a system to archive what is already there?

I give up.
            The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles1987 View Post
              I do hope they put in a trading system in for the Australian Domestic season. Similar to the English county system.
              The Australian Domestic structure is changing between seasons, so it should definitely be more in line with the English system with more Aussie players off contract, and I believe they have introduced a salary cap too (I read it somewhere when Phil Hughes to Adelaide talk sprouted).

But the changes to the Aussie system are probably just limited to the BBL.

I'm not entirely keen on the stats of every retired player being recorded, because that would make the database massive (but I only play it on mobile devices, so I guess the desktop games can have it, if you're that desperate.) What it does need is lists for all the various achievements and a few other stats. That's something I can't see as too hard to implement (just click the highest scorer and it comes up with the top 25 highest scores for a county/state/country... shouldn't be too hard)

Comment

Originally posted by kc_law View Post
                I'm not entirely keen on the stats of every retired player being recorded, because that would make the database massive
                Not really - The database for OOTP for 120 years of autoplay. Every player, every hit - every pitch (far more players than in ICC) takes about 91 meg.

That's not just overall stats, that's every single pitch and hit, roster, rotation, recorded. Baseball stats make cricket stats look miniscule in comparison. They record EVERYTHING (avg vs left - avg vs right for both pitchers and batters. Average separated against every team and every ground played on, BoB, Slug, HbP, RBI ..the list goes on and on and on.

It was all these in the first iteration of the product - made by a team of two people in the late 90's, and it has just got bigger since.

But the save database for an entire 120 year autoplay with every single stat and play recorded for thousands upon thousands of players and hundreds of thousands of games in a statistical depth cricket can only dream of.

You can go back and get the "play by play" scorecards for every game played (not just the averages) every bunt, every walk, every missed pitch, every "bases loaded" strike out, every break for bad weather, every rookie debut, every retirement, every player move with full contract details every injury, every minor league call up and drop..all there.

It takes 120meg. A projected game covering 250 years in full detail takes about a quarter of a gig My Ipod would swallow that without breaking for air.

Cricket stats would take a fraction of that detail. ICC itself is a tiny application. I've got word processors that take more space.

Space isn't really in issue. And for most people getting 250 years of data in ICC would take years of play. The likely size of DB for most might be a few tens of megabytes (like cricket coach) I don't mind if it exports to another ap and you can just dump and append them if it gets to big - but I doubt if size is an issue at all, even on all but the smallest of mobile devices.

Scritty
                The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Not Necessary "All Retired Players Stats" But That Is Must requirement
                  of Top 50 to 100 Players Stats

Keeping Something "TOP retired Player" Rather Than "All Retired Players" I don't think Size will become issue "
                  Not Interested to keep Player record who has stats Avg 20 but really interested to Keep Record who have Avg 60 Instead They Disappear after Retirement

Such as We have List Of Legends That Are Top 50 All Over World
                  in department Batsman, Bowler ,All rounder , Best Captain ...

Ours Team's TOP 50 Retired Player Database Exist

There Is no records of captain

- Captain should be decide in start session for One day , 20-20 and test
                  - There Should be stats
                  - How many match win Loss Draw under this Captain
                  - List of Top 10 Captains in world
                  - Every Year Award System for Best Batsman,Best Bowler,Best All Rounder,
                  Best Captain
                  - And This Awards Should be Archive Such a Batsman won 3 Times best Year
                  Award
                  - Stats for No. of MOM and MOS a Player Got

And Still Not ending List ...

Lots of Scope Of Improvements
                  Last edited by cricfan1; 05-24-2012, 02:59 AM.
                  Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
                    Not Necessary "All Retired Players Stats" But That Is Must requirement
                    of Top 50 to 100 Players Stats

Keeping Something "TOP retired Player" Rather Than "All Retired Players" I don't think Size will become issue "
                    Not Interested to keep Player record who has stats Avg 20 but really interested to Keep Record who have Avg 60 Instead They Disappear after Retirement

Such as We have List Of Legends That Are Top 50 All Over World
                    in department Batsman, Bowler ,All rounder , Best Captain ...

Ours Team's TOP 50 Retired Player Database Exist

There Is no records of captain

- Captain should be decide in start session for One day , 20-20 and test
                    - There Should be stats
                    - How many match win Loss Draw under this Captain
                    - List of Top 10 Captains in world
                    - Every Year Award System for Best Batsman,Best Bowler,Best All Rounder,
                    Best Captain
                    - And This Awards Should be Archive Such a Batsman won 3 Times best Year
                    Award
                    - Stats for No. of MOM and MOS a Player Got

And Still Not ending List ...

Lots of Scope Of Improvements
                    Geenerally agree - but all stats kept would be best. With the ability to do a little filtering and sorting. The data can be kept in tiny records per player, a few hundred bytes - 1k at the most per player. So a megabyte holds 1000 player records - a gigabyte 1 million roughly - and you're going to have to play for thousands of years to get to a million. And that's being very liberal with the player records. Here's my old mate Cutly's entire career (scraped from Statsguru)

Code:
                    CEL,AMBROSE,98,145,29,1439,53,3080,46.72,0,1,172,12,18,0,176,96,36,639,31N,10.65,985,64.87,0,0,39,10,45,0,239,317,70,3448,48,13.95,NA,NA,0,4,NA,88,0,329,173,66,1282,48,11.98,NA,NA,0,0,NA,NA,81,0,98,179,22103,8501,405,8-45,11-84,20.99,2.30,54.5,21,22,3,176,175,9353,5429,225,5-17,24.12,3.48,41.5,6,4,0,239,N/A,48798,19048,941,8-45,N/A,20.24,2.34,51.8,N/A,80,8,329,N/A,17142,9557,401,5-17,5-17,23.83,3.34,42.7,10,4,0,West Indies,Leewards Islands(S),Northamptonshire1989-1996(N)
                    There's Curtly Ambrose entire career including batting bowling, national and international as well as FC English and WI domestic teams and years..I make that 412 bytes of data.

Yes - some players play for many clubs BUT clubs could have an index rather then being spelt out in full. Also some of the stats here are calculated. For example you don't need to economy rate if you already have the number of runs conceeded and the number of balls bowled, this can be calculated on the fly when the record is called up.

1k per player is being super generous and liberal.
                    512 bytes should be ample if you use an index for team names and calculate some of the derived stats. (which you should do anyway as best practice)

You then parse this info to make it look nice and have a player record you can call up at any time

I don't mean to sound rude - but this really is childs play (pun not intended). Someone with an A level in a computer based subject could probably do this. It beggars belief that 14 years into a franchise and something as simple as this is still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
                      Geenerally agree - but all stats kept would be best. With the ability to do a little filtering and sorting. The data can be kept in tiny records per player, a few hundred bytes - 1k at the most per player. So a megabyte holds 1000 player records - a gigabyte 1 million roughly - and you're going to have to play for thousands of years to get to a million. And that's being very liberal with the player records.
                      Ok Fine I Agree With you But could be better solution for this

There could be Stat level Option Also , Which Depend on Particular
                      requirements

1- Low (Stores only Top 10 Players Stats) particular for Mobile User
                      2- Medium (Stores Top 100 Players Stats)
                      3- High (Stores Top 1000 Players Stats )
                      Is my Next Dream

Comment

Well said Scritty. My sentiments exactly

Comment

I just wanted to add that because of everything Scritty said, I didnt buy ICC 2011. It was the first time since Aus CC that i didnt get a copy of the series. It's even worse because of how much i loved the game and how enthusiastic i was about it's potential. It would bother me reading people saying negative things and expecting too much too soon.
                          I would always think, we shouldnt be doing that, we should support the developers and let them grow and let their game do the talking. I thought i'd never stop loving the game and that no one could convince me of anything bad about it. I've never cared about the graphics so the low level animations never bothered me. Yes it was on the light side of record keeping but they had created something beautiful, a game for a deeper than cosmetic cricket lover. Unfortunately the disappointments of any significant statistical keep weighed down on me until in 2011 i thought, this is just too much. It's not that hard to do everything Scritty said, and it's loyal supporter deserved better. The reasons they've always given are understandable, but it just seems like this isn't a project high on their priority list or something they'd heavily invest in and so we'll always feel short done. It's completely their choice as to how much they want to put into this, but i fell away from loving the game when I realized if they dont need to fully into this then logically neither do. Unfortunately the more loyal supporters of the game (who will always be the stats loving more knowledgeable supporters of cricket) get disappointed the more it'll lose its support and die out.

Despite saying all that I honestly hope it picks up and makes sme significant headway in the right direction. We know you're human, we know there isnt a massive staff with immense amounts to $ to work with, but that's also why anyone who wants nothing but success for the game isn't asking for much, but atleast enough to justify buying it again.

Comment

Stats are what that derive a lot of simulation game lovers towards this genre and I am afraid ICC is constantly failing to provide us with the same. If I have to cost a few of megabytes for this, I will never mind that and hope not a lot of us will mind it too. Similarly please add at least a few of filtering and sorting option so that we can check who is currently the highest wicket taker, run getter etc. It will add a lot to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by batcarry View Post
                              Stats are what that derive a lot of simulation game lovers towards this genre and I am afraid ICC is constantly failing to provide us with the same. If I have to cost a few of megabytes for this, I will never mind that and hope not a lot of us will mind it too. Similarly please add at least a few of filtering and sorting option so that we can check who is currently the highest wicket taker, run getter etc. It will add a lot to the game.
                              Great to see all this support - but I'm guessing it will never happen.
                              Left with the choice of Cricket Captain with it's great engine but mickey mouse stats or Cricket Coach with it's crashing twice a season but now with a full 500 page Almanac download feature.

A game inferior to 10 years ago - or a game that doesn't work

Still playing ICC2002 and exporting the scorecards to Excel just for my FC team and Internationals. It works just fine, but it is now 10 years old.
                              No addition to the game (IPL, 3d graphics etc) makes up for what has been removed (more imaginitive 2d graphics, ability to import own .bmp faces, faster gameplay etc).

I reckon one day I'll update my PC to a spec that cannot handle ICC2002 as a legacy application and that will be it. I'll be sad - but life goes on.

Maybe a third developer will come in with a game with a great engine AND stat retention/record keeping. We live in hope.

Scritty

Comment

Working...
                              X