Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second team?

Hi all,

I'm new to the game, and trying to work out the deal with putting players into the 2nd team. Is there any reason not to put everyone who is not playing in my squad into the 2nd team? I'm assuming it improves form and enables you to work out who is decent...?

At the moment I'm basically selecting 'play in 2nd team' for everyone who is not in my starting eleven...is this stupid?

Cheers!

Matt

Playing a player in the second team drains their energy, so the only reason to not play a player in the second team is if they are lacking fitness, in which case a rest may be more sensible. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks - makes sense to me.

Matt

Comment

While I'm at it, a couple of other questions!

1) What is the effect of the physio, exactly? Is it to increase fitness in between games?

2) How long should I be waiting before changing coaching assignments, given that I obviously don't have enough coaching to go around all of my young players? I don't want to switch too soon and end up helping no-one!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMatt View Post
          While I'm at it, a couple of other questions!

1) What is the effect of the physio, exactly? Is it to increase fitness in between games?

2) How long should I be waiting before changing coaching assignments, given that I obviously don't have enough coaching to go around all of my young players? I don't want to switch too soon and end up helping no-one!

Matt
          Basically the second team gives players the chance to play while not in your team, and is a decent way for good players to regain form if they are well out of it. Also second team averages can help to assess how good a player is. Generally I find that batsmen with a second team batting average of 50+ will be very good, while the mark for bowlers seems to be a bowling average of 20-odd or less. Batsmen and bowlers with lower averages can still perform for your first team though so it's not a definite marker, merely a guide.

1) Physio will make your players get fit faster, but also decrease chance of injury to said players.

2) If you train in certain areas of technique you will generally get a message after some time saying that a player has improved in the area they are being trained in, so after that is a good time to change.

Comment

Working...
          X