FC matches tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC matches tactics

I seem to draw more matches than the total of win and loss. Can anybody provide guidance on how to bowl in first class matches and vitally,what kind of manual field setting that should be used for each bowler type. I realized what works for one day do not work in 4day matches ie, defensive field bowling outside off stump

Don't give too much high score to chase other wise opponent will play
    defensively for draw
    atleast one good spinner and fast bowler should be in team
    sometimes use occasional bowler to break partnership
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by JackalRovers View Post
      I seem to draw more matches than the total of win and loss. Can anybody provide guidance on how to bowl in first class matches and vitally,what kind of manual field setting that should be used for each bowler type. I realized what works for one day do not work in 4day matches ie, defensive field bowling outside off stump
      I think the default fields are designed for FC/Test matches. They really don't need too much tweaking for this purpose. However (and this might be obvious), you will generally be using the 2nd or 3rd most defensive fields, even when your bowlers are attacking. I never use the most attacking field, and the second most attacking only for perhaps 3 overs from each end at the start of an innings/day/new ball.

I'm just discovering that max aggression bowling throughout a limited overs innings in no way leads to a blowout in scores against. So don't be afraid to keep your bowlers on high aggression settings, unless of course they're going for 4+ runs an over - and they're runs you can't afford.

I've been fairly successful lately in FC, so I'm probably doing some things right.

Comment

It's a tough one. I've very often tried setting fields and what not to tailor my bowling plan to the weaknesses of the batsmen currently in - but not with enough success to definitively say whether it works not. I pretty much just leave it on normal all the time in first class matches now - unless bowling to a tail-ender, then I go aggressive.

Cricfan1 Had the right idea though, putting up a big score can seem tempting, but you'll find that you'll nab more 'miracle' wins defending low scores.

Comment

Working...
        X