This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug reports

As ever, when reporting a bug, as much detail as possible. In some instances if we can't reproduce it we can't fix it, as we won't be able to tell what is causing the problem.

Previous version game saves will work, but database fixes/changes will not work with any old game saves. Bug fixes will work on old saves.

Fix list:

Added option for defaulting to user field settings.
    Fix for edited field settings causing errors on-line.
    Fixed ball spin direction for LH bowler RH batsman etc.
    Fixed new ball AI for occasional bowlers.
    Fixed invalid on-line teams.
    Run rate engine improved for spinners.
    Bug fix for lobby inactivity timeout.
    Fixed online connection problems when exchanging squad details.
    Improved AI bowling length tactics.
    Added display of out-of-sync errors to on-line ladder.
    Test squad selection improved for home tests injury substitutions.
    Corrected county champ division when selecting team for new game.
    Fixed forced 2nd keeper selection for large squads.
    Power-play: AI now has correct field restrictions from 1st over.
    Accept Australian captaincy in 2014 bug fix.
    T20 International ties treated correctly.

Known issues:

Wides count as ball faced for the batsman - This is too risky for us to patch due to the amount of other parts of the game it relates to.

Last wicket of the innings falling on last ball of the over and the scorecard "losing" that over - Same as above.

Speed of Highlights indicating a wicket - This is something we talked about quite a bit as obviously it is annoying. This issue is to do with the speed of peoples computers. So we don't want to change the delay because that'll make gameplay slower for those with fast machines. Also a rumour that spacebar/mouse movement affects this, it doesn't.

Reported Fitness bug - Couldn't reproduce this (worked as it should for all 3 of us) even with the sent game save.

Other comments

MOTM - Someone posted a screenshot of someone getting a 9-for but not getting the MOTM. From the code this looks okay (though no doubting he should have got the MOTM). We did make some improvements to the code for 2011. If we continue to get feedback on this we'll review it again.

Odd things happening in highlights - Someone mentioned a bouncer being straight driven for 4. We have code to stop this. If you see something like this, we'll not be able to do much without a save of it. So if you see it happen in-game then save it immediately and contact me/post in here and we can have a look at it.

Well, considering nobody else has reported the fitness bug, all I can say is it's probably just me that's having the problem.

I have circumvented the bug (I hope) by only saving during a match, rather than between matches.
    My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

MOTM - Someone posted a screenshot of someone getting a 9-for but not getting the MOTM. From the code this looks okay (though no doubting he should have got the MOTM). We did make some improvements to the code for 2011. If we continue to get feedback on this we'll review it again.
      Thanks for looking issues
      I have mentioned the above Problem. This Happen me only one time rest I have noticed MOTM have been improved from 2010 version

Code:
      Fix for edited field settings causing errors on-line.
      Power-play: AI now has correct field restrictions from 1st over.
      These Bug Which I had mentioned have been fixed as i have tested
      Thanks Chris for fixing
      Last edited by cricfan1; 08-11-2011, 10:06 PM.
      After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
      Is my Next Dream

Comment

In line with the run rates that occur in real life, I think that very defensive and defensive (0-2 bars) should be tweaked upwards just a little further. I'd have thought that an average run rate might be roughly 1.75 for 0 bars, 2.25 for 1 bar and 2.75 for 2 bars.

Comment

i disagree GrahamB - just as I dont want to see a batsman block a delivery when on full agression, i dont want to see a batsman on o bars score at 1.75 per over! unless of course the batsman is naturally agressive or if his runs are coming from defensive edges.

this brings back memories of a gamers idea to have a "slog" option where you can instruct the batsman to only aim for sixes. we could also have a "block" option where the batsman will only play defensive shots or leave the ball?

I think next on the list of improvements (along with the already mentioned 'known issues') should be the ability to see all games played. so playing as a county/state the off season of international matches should not be skipped making the ball-by-ball scorecards inaccessable. and playing solely as Aus or England you should be able to watch and view actual results of the state/county teams.

btw thanks for the improvements, cant wait to see if the AI actually dont use a part-timer with the 2nd new ball!! this has been around for so long it might actually be sad to see it go lol

Comment

Originally posted by pearljammonkey View Post
            i disagree GrahamB - just as I dont want to see a batsman block a delivery when on full agression, i dont want to see a batsman on o bars score at 1.75 per over! unless of course the batsman is naturally agressive or if his runs are coming from defensive edges.......
            Even when a team takes a very defensive approach, you don't often see a run rate of less than 1.75?

Comment

Scoring seems to become harder and wickets fall more easily than perhaps they should during power plays in ODIs.

I've seen in 3D highlights on more than one occasion where the bowler makes a sprawling save diving to his left and no run is taken, yet a run is recorded (not a no-ball or wide).

Comment

While it was right to increase the scoring rate against spinners, I think that the adjustment was a little too high (especially evidenced in one dayers). Hard thing to get right I guess, but if you can, tone it to midway between the old and new setting.

Postnote - it's probably not too far off from being right actually.
                Last edited by GrahamB; 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                  Scoring seems to become harder and wickets fall more easily than perhaps they should during power plays in ODIs.

I've seen in 3D highlights on more than one occasion where the bowler makes a sprawling save diving to his left and no run is taken, yet a run is recorded (not a no-ball or wide).
                  If you (or anyone else) see a higlight like this (runs not matching the highlight) please send us the saved game straight away. We need the game with the last over showing the highlight, so we can re-play it and see what went wrong.

Comment

I've seen a few replays in which full length balls are cut or pulled instead of driven.

I've also seen a lot of pulls causing the ball to not go through deep square leg or long leg like you would expect, but down the ground, sometimes even through long off. Pulls that cause the ball to go down that direction in real life are often mistimed and don't go particularly far, but these ones are going for four.

I'll send a game save when I next find each instance.
                    My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

ok heres a 'bug' to have a look at...

when you look at the field settings and select to see all scoring shots by all batsmen, the scoring shots made by the left handed batsmen in the team do not reverse. if you just selct a certain batsman, then the field does reverse accordingly, but the problem occurs when you select to see all shots by all batsmen.

so if there have been 2 scoring shots so far in the match, 1 being a Ponting (RH) cut shot through point for four, and the other a Mike Hussey (LH) pull shot through square leg for four, the 2 boundaries will actually show on the field settings as having been scored in the same spot. In reality, the hussey shot should be reversed to show it had travelled through the square leg region.

this matters because if you are looking for a trend in scoring zones and want to cut off a particular area, then this feature is useless if you have been bowling to both left and right handed batsmen.

Comment

This bug has been around since ICC 2010 (and probably earlier). In limited overs games the total overs is often miscounted by 1.
                        Here's an example, I win the match in exactly 19 overs, but it's miscounted as 18 overs in the bowling figures and scorecard.

Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
                          This bug has been around since ICC 2010 (and probably earlier). In limited overs games the total overs is often miscounted by 1.
                          Here's an example, I win the match in exactly 19 overs, but it's miscounted as 18 overs in the bowling figures and scorecard.
                          Chris has said that he's aware of it but that its too dangerous to fix it as things stand for fear of affecting various other things.

As far as I can tell its on the to do list for next years.

Comment

Yes - this is a surprisingly tough bug to fix. Once we're sure a few other things are stable we'll fix this.

Comment

Where do I send the save game file to so you can view a 3D bug?

Comment

Working...
                              X