Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding international fixtures, when a pitch is not conducive to spin the AI will pick four-pronged pace attacks in Tests and five-pronged pace attacks in ODI's/T20's.

This is most notably evident with the sub-continent teams who often have very high quality spinners, yet as soon as there is no pitch assistance they get dumped.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

I'm in the 2025 season, and the Unicorns team I'm playing against has 4 Zimbabweans in it... not really a massive bug, as they're all rubbish too, but they should reall have one OS at the most.

Comment

Have you got the game save? Might be useful.

Comment

I'll try to remember to send it when the reverse fixture comes round.

Comment

Not sure if someone has already said this, but, it's annoying that a player's wickets and runs in the IPL are included in county records.

Comment

Often you can give players physio, then save and exit, then open coach and physio and often one of your players has regained fitness without a single day passing. Pretty handy though, especially during the T20 competition, lol.

EDIT: Upon reflection it actually seems as if it takes the proceeding days physio prematurely?
              Last edited by bryce87; 02-16-2012, 09:22 PM.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

This probably has been mentioned but I suppose it would not hurt to reiterate it.

Batsman hit a couple of successive scores and they have 5 star form, fair enough.

One of my bowlers takes 5/11 and then 5/21 in successive T20 matches and does not even have 3 stars of form?

Do I need to add in that he also shows 99% coaching effect after having been on standard bowling coaching training for a long time?
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                  This probably has been mentioned but I suppose it would not hurt to reiterate it.

Batsman hit a couple of successive scores and they have 5 star form, fair enough.

One of my bowlers takes 5/11 and then 5/21 in successive T20 matches and does not even have 3 stars of form?

Do I need to add in that he also shows 99% coaching effect after having been on standard bowling coaching training for a long time?
                  Also economy has no impact on form and it should. If a bowler bowls as spell 4-1-13-0 in a T20 match this is obviously a good spell, but his form will go down because he didn't take any wickets instead of going up.

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                    Also economy has no impact on form and it should. If a bowler bowls as spell 4-1-13-0 in a T20 match this is obviously a good spell, but his form will go down because he didn't take any wickets instead of going up.
                    I agree with this, but I think it would be harder to implement than you may think. Economy is relative to the conditions. If a bowler goes at 4 an over where the others all went at 6 then that's very good, but if they go for 4 and the others go for 3 then it's not particularly great. So there'd have to be some kind of way for the game to detect the economy relative to other bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                      I agree with this, but I think it would be harder to implement than you may think. Economy is relative to the conditions. If a bowler goes at 4 an over where the others all went at 6 then that's very good, but if they go for 4 and the others go for 3 then it's not particularly great. So there'd have to be some kind of way for the game to detect the economy relative to other bowlers.
                      But you could say exactly the same about runs. A 50 in a low scoring game on a terrible pitch may be more valuable than a 100 in a high scoring draw. Everything to do with form is subjective in the end. I have no doubt that economy wouldn't be too hard a factor to include for form ratings.
                      Last edited by bnd3; 02-19-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                        But you could say exactly the same about runs. A 50 in a low scoring game on a terrible pitch may be more valuable than a 100 in a high scoring draw. Everything to do with form is subjective in the end. I have no doubt that economy wouldn't be too hard a factor to include for form ratings.
                        Yes, that's a very valid point. I think some work still needs to be done there too. Hopefully it'll eventually get to that point both in terms of runs, wickets and economy. A form algorithm that dynamic would be fantastic, but I think it's a few years away yet (unless the developers surprise me, which I would love).

Comment

It is the off-season in England. If I go into fixtures and try to bring up the details of a match from the past season, the program crashes. It doesn't happen all the time, only most of the time. Sometimes you can get into the match, but it crashes if you try to access the other innings. It also affects international games prior to the season end.

As you may know, I'm playing ICC09. It's a domestic-and-England save. To be exact, I have just accepted the England job post-season, having been domestic-only most of the time up to then. (If it's relevant, I think I started the save as domestic-and-England, but gave up the England job earlier in the season)

As I have not seen this bug reported before (iirc), either by players or developers, it could still be there.

Comment

Small one from a simmed Test match which I did not play and merely just viewed the results.

Opener from one team retired hurt in first innings(details on profile say fracture out for seven days) and still bats in second innings.
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

There seems to be a problem deleting games on the Mac version. I have the game selected and press delete but nothing happens. I have just been deleting the games through the game files though, so it's not too much of a big deal.

Comment

This ball appears to go for six - and the umpire rightfully signals it as six.
                                But when we get to the match screen the batsman has been somehow deemed out?
                                Attached Files
                                YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X