X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kulli
    replied
    Still getting the same result I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• kulli
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    It's probably a good idea to download the new installer (version 11.08). It runs the game as admin and sets it to have admin rights afterwards. Should resolve some of these issues.
    I presume the link on the banner of the homepage now leads to this version, I'll give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    The above. It's also worth checking that the Defense+ and Firewall sliders are set to low when you run the game.

Unfortunately some firewalls can be very aggressive, it's also important to note that some firewalls don't actually turn off even if you tell it to, it's there to stop people accidentally compromising themselves, though doesn't exist in all.

If after you've done the above and have installed the new version, which as Chris says works slightly different to the earlier installer.

Let us know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    It's probably a good idea to download the new installer (version 11.08). It runs the game as admin and sets it to have admin rights afterwards. Should resolve some of these issues.

Leave a comment:

• kulli
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Sorry, yes, add it to your exceptions. If CricketCaptain is set as allowed, can you go through the same process for the elicen40.dll that is also main game folder.

Edit: Also, please check you haven't got other programmes open, problematic ones we know of include iTunes and browsers first time you run it.
    I have tried all of the suggestions (I use Comodo, and have even tired disabling it to see if that is causing the problem) yet whenever I click on the .exe it just gives me the egg timer for a few seconds and then nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    This error is related to the DEP (normally)

Try this:

2) A Data Execution Prevention issue. To resolve this please follow these instructions:

Windows XP
    Right click on My Computer
    Click on Properties
    Click on the Advanced tab
    Click on the Settings button in the Performance section
    Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab
    Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for Windows programs and services only.

Windows Vista/7
    Press the Windows button
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advanced System Settings
    Click on the Advanced tab and under Performance select Settings.
    Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for Windows programs and services Only.

Leave a comment:

• Xtrude
    replied
    Originally posted by G1inger View Post
    Hi I keep having an issue where the game wont start and i get an error saying 0xc0000005 application will terminate.

I have up to date virus software and can run every other ICC.

Any ideas?
    I fixed my initial error (earlier in this thread), but am now having the same error as G1inger (Windows 7 BEX error). When I close the error I get the 0xc0000005 application will terminate. error window.

Leave a comment:

• G1inger
    replied
    Hi I keep having an issue where the game wont start and i get an error saying 0xc0000005 application will terminate.

I have up to date virus software and can run every other ICC.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Sorry, yes, add it to your exceptions. If CricketCaptain is set as allowed, can you go through the same process for the elicen40.dll that is also main game folder.

Edit: Also, please check you haven't got other programmes open, problematic ones we know of include iTunes and browsers first time you run it.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-21-2011, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the other bob wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Yes, Cricket is the executable. You may need to except that if you're firewall is super aggressive, in the main folder there is also an elicen40.dll , you will also need to except this in your firewall, especially if you are using Comodo.

I'm going to sticky this.
    Thanks for that, but I'm not sure what you mean by "except". I've checked on my Firewall (I've got ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite) and, assuming I'm looking in the right place, it says that International Cricket Captain has been "allowed".

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Yes, Cricket is the executable. You may need to except that if you're firewall is super aggressive, in the main folder there is also an elicen40.dll , you will also need to except this in your firewall, especially if you are using Comodo.

I'm going to sticky this.

Leave a comment:

• the other bob wilson
    replied
    I had no end of problems last year after paying for a download and, eventually, had to have a boxed version of the game sent to me. Stupidly, I purchased this year's game this morning, downloaded it and, once again, it's not working.

I am using Windows 7 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but it makes no difference. What happens is that when I click on the Desktop shortcut I created to run as an administrator I get a message asking if I am happy to run ICC 2011, but nothing happens after I say "yes".

In saying that, I did get a message once saying that "Windows is looking for cricket.exc" and asked if I wanted to use browse to find it. I take it that the execute file is the "Cricket" application that I found because there doesn't seem to have been a separate "exc." amongst the stuff that was downloaded when I bought the programme.

Can you help please - it's most frustrating to have these problems on the last two versions when I had been downloading and playing ICC for about eight years previous to this.

Leave a comment:

• Xtrude
    replied
    I run it as Admin, in winXP compatability mode but nothing works. A window pops up saying "CricketIII MFC Appication has stopped working". When i click the drop down thingy it says this:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Cricket.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 4e269291
    Fault Module Name: Cricket.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e269291
    Exception Code: c0000096
    Exception Offset: 0020d15d
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Originally posted by cambo View Post
    I am also having problems with installation.. Albeit it on xp. Simply clicking on the installation brings up an error saying
    ">SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0"
    ... Wtf?
    This problem could be caused by trying to run the installer before it has finished downloading.

Leave a comment:

• cambo
    replied
    I am also having problems with installation.. Albeit it on xp. Simply clicking on the installation brings up an error saying
    ">SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0"
    ... Wtf?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X