Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sureshot - i have sent a mail to contact us..Awaiting your reply..

Comment

i dont use any firewall or antivirus (default windows firewall) to which i have added icc2011 an exception

Comment

Installation Nightmare

Bought the game on Sunday.

Game downloads to my computer using Bit Comet.

No shortcut or Childish Things icon appears on my desktop.

I attempt to open the game through the download itself.

Setup Installation screen appears - then stops.

I then get a message saying "Are you sure you want to remove the application and all of its components?"

Have sent emails to the support team both through the website here and in a separate email - neither has received a reply.

Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? Very frustrating after paying £15.99.

Any help greatly appreciated

Phil

Comment

Okay, not sure if I've received an e-mail from you, but the support to fix that installer issue is:

Rename the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShied to "InstallShieldOld", then try installation again.
          Empty the folder C:\Windows\Temp, then try installation again.

Edit: Just got e-mail from you, so above advice is redundant for you, but may apply for others.

maxi - Okay, have you had anti-virus installed on that machine before? If so which ones, and any previous firewalls as well. Is your machine 64-bit?
          Last edited by Sureshot; 08-25-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

sureshot - yes my operating system is win 7 ultimate 64 bit i haven't installed any anti virus since i formatted my pc
            Last edited by maxi2111991; 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hi first time caller long time listener I think I may have found the solution to the clicking the exe or shortcut and getting nothing...
              1. go to control panel
              2. then click on system
              3.then click advanced settings
              4. click settings under performance
              5. then go to data execution prevention
              6. Make sure its set to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select
              7. Then click add and add your ICC exe (usually found at C:\program Files\Childish things\International Cricket Captain 2011 or Program Files(x86) for us 64bit users
              8. and finally add C:\Windows\runservice.exe to the DEP exception list too
              9. Launch the game and ouila we have lift off (well at least I did)

Hope this helps

Comment

I have contacted the support team via email and also mailed Sureshot regarding the same...still havent received any response...Expecting a better support from childishthings....Please help regarding the below issue ASAP...

Originally posted by meridost View Post
                The ICC 2011 trial does not start at all..
                When i double click the .exe file the screen flickers for a bit but doesnt start
                ...i have tried everything from DEP settings to compatibilty mode to running as administrator
                my graphic card is nvidia geforce 8500 GT with latest drivers installed..Please help..

Comment

Tried it...doesnt work in my case (((((

Originally posted by standogg View Post
                  Hi first time caller long time listener I think I may have found the solution to the clicking the exe or shortcut and getting nothing...
                  1. go to control panel
                  2. then click on system
                  3.then click advanced settings
                  4. click settings under performance
                  5. then go to data execution prevention
                  6. Make sure its set to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select
                  7. Then click add and add your ICC exe (usually found at C:\program Files\Childish things\International Cricket Captain 2011 or Program Files(x86) for us 64bit users
                  8. and finally add C:\Windows\runservice.exe to the DEP exception list too
                  9. Launch the game and ouila we have lift off (well at least I did)

Hope this helps

Comment

I just downloaded the trail and I'm getting the exact same error. I'm on Windows 7 64bit and downloaded and installed fine and followed the help on here like clicking run as admin and the rest and It dosen't work. Click on the trail and then nothing happens. Deffo not a firewall issue. Any fix yet???

Comment

Come on guys I've bought this game ever since it came out and would like to buy this version as well. You must know a fix for this.

Comment

What Firewall and anti-virus do you use?

The problem is that something within your machine is stopping the game from executing. It may be beneficial looking online for a guide to turn off UAC, but this should only be temporary, turn it back on after trying the game.

Have you tried the suggested DEP settings? Which should be set to Turn on for Windows programs and services only.

I know other 64-bits users who had issues with getting the game to run in 64-bit and they downloaded/installed the game through:

Comment

ive just purchased cricket captain 2011, had the trial worked fine, downloaded full version and when i put my license code in i get an error message, error= -12 ive deactivated my firewall and it still carries on doing it, any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by adam_brfc View Post
                            ive just purchased cricket captain 2011, had the trial worked fine, downloaded full version and when i put my license code in i get an error message, error= -12 ive deactivated my firewall and it still carries on doing it, any ideas??
                            I am Also getting with error for online Licence mode , I did with Offline
                            mode Licence Verification That works for me

Otherwise You can go for support page.
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 10-24-2011, 12:37 PM. Reason: Just removing e-mail due to spam reasons.
                            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                            Is my Next Dream

Comment

help needed

I have purchased ICC2011 CD today..installed well but works only when CD inserted...when CD is ejected and i click the same icon,it asks for CD to be inserted...help kindly...

Comment

It installed fine but the when I start it then click on new game a window pops up and it say "runtime error"
                                "the application has asked runtime to terminate it in an unsual way"..

Please help

Comment

Working...
                                X