This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Problems

This is probably the most simple of errors at my end but I've purchased the game online and once I've downloaded and installed the game I attempt to open the program but nothing happens. No loading, no game, not even an attempt to load the game. I can open the manual so I'm assuming the download has worked but I can't open the game. Using windows 7, plenty of space on the required bit, not sure where I'm going wrong.

-------------

Message from Sureshot:

This is from our Support page.

• I’ve installed the game, but it is unresponsive when I try to start it.
    • This problem will be caused by either:
    1) An Administrator error, you should be on an Administrator account. On Windows Vista/7 it is also recommended to right-click on the game shortcut and select Run As Administrator.
    2) A Data Execution Prevention issue. To resolve this please follow these instructions:

Windows XP
    Right click on My Computer
    Click on Properties
    Click on the Advanced tab
    Click on the Settings button in the Performance section
    Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab
    Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    Click on Add and locate to the International Cricket Captain 2011 executable, which can be found at default (file path may vary): C:\ProgramFiles\ChildishThings\InternationalCricke tCaptain2011\Cricket
    Windows Vista/7
    Press the Windows button
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advanced System Settings
    Click on the Advanced tab and under Performance select Settings.
    Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    Click on Add and locate to the International Cricket Captain 2011 executable, which can be found at default (file path may vary): C:\ProgramFiles\ChildishThings\InternationalCricke tCaptain2011\Cricket
    3) Your Anti-Virus/Firewall is blocking the game from starting; you will need to add the game to your exceptions. Please consult the manual of your anti-virus/firewall software on how to do this or get in contact with the support team of your anti-virus/firewall. You may also need to add the elicen40.dll as an exception, this can be found in the main game folder. If you are unsure on how to add an exception in your AV/Firewall, please consult your manual or ask the support of your firewall developers.

----

Errors like clicking on the Installation file and being given an error means a corrupt download. Try downloading again and let it finish, different browser may help.

AppCrash errors can be caused by a bad installation. When installing the game you MUST NOT take the install process out of focus. Turn off any other programs, install the game and click nothing else. Should make it work. May also be worth following the above support.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-21-2011, 12:19 PM.

Ignore me. Issue solved. You need to go into properties - compatibility and run the program in compatiibility mode for windows xp service pack 3

Comment

This is an Administration issue with Windows 7, which is why it worked when you put it in to compatibility mode for XP SP3. If you are on an Admin account and right click on the game and select Run As Administrator, you shouldn't need to put it in to compatibility mode.

The game is working though, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

The game is working and that is definitely the main thing. Great work again guys!

Comment

I am also having problems with installation.. Albeit it on xp. Simply clicking on the installation brings up an error saying
          ">SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)
          PAPP:
          PVENDOR:
          PGUID:
          $
          @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0"
          ... Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by cambo View Post
            I am also having problems with installation.. Albeit it on xp. Simply clicking on the installation brings up an error saying
            ">SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)
            PAPP:
            PVENDOR:
            PGUID:
            $
            @Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0"
            ... Wtf?
            This problem could be caused by trying to run the installer before it has finished downloading.

Comment

I run it as Admin, in winXP compatability mode but nothing works. A window pops up saying "CricketIII MFC Appication has stopped working". When i click the drop down thingy it says this:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
              Application Name: Cricket.exe
              Application Version: 1.0.0.1
              Application Timestamp: 4e269291
              Fault Module Name: Cricket.exe
              Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
              Fault Module Timestamp: 4e269291
              Exception Code: c0000096
              Exception Offset: 0020d15d
              OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
              Locale ID: 3081
              Additional Information 1: 0a9e
              Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
              Additional Information 3: 0a9e
              Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any ideas?

Comment

I had no end of problems last year after paying for a download and, eventually, had to have a boxed version of the game sent to me. Stupidly, I purchased this year's game this morning, downloaded it and, once again, it's not working.

I am using Windows 7 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but it makes no difference. What happens is that when I click on the Desktop shortcut I created to run as an administrator I get a message asking if I am happy to run ICC 2011, but nothing happens after I say "yes".

In saying that, I did get a message once saying that "Windows is looking for cricket.exc" and asked if I wanted to use browse to find it. I take it that the execute file is the "Cricket" application that I found because there doesn't seem to have been a separate "exc." amongst the stuff that was downloaded when I bought the programme.

Can you help please - it's most frustrating to have these problems on the last two versions when I had been downloading and playing ICC for about eight years previous to this.

Comment

Yes, Cricket is the executable. You may need to except that if you're firewall is super aggressive, in the main folder there is also an elicen40.dll , you will also need to except this in your firewall, especially if you are using Comodo.

I'm going to sticky this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    Yes, Cricket is the executable. You may need to except that if you're firewall is super aggressive, in the main folder there is also an elicen40.dll , you will also need to except this in your firewall, especially if you are using Comodo.

I'm going to sticky this.
                    Thanks for that, but I'm not sure what you mean by "except". I've checked on my Firewall (I've got ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite) and, assuming I'm looking in the right place, it says that International Cricket Captain has been "allowed".

Comment

Sorry, yes, add it to your exceptions. If CricketCaptain is set as allowed, can you go through the same process for the elicen40.dll that is also main game folder.

Edit: Also, please check you haven't got other programmes open, problematic ones we know of include iTunes and browsers first time you run it.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-21-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Hi I keep having an issue where the game wont start and i get an error saying 0xc0000005 application will terminate.

I have up to date virus software and can run every other ICC.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by G1inger View Post
                          Hi I keep having an issue where the game wont start and i get an error saying 0xc0000005 application will terminate.

I have up to date virus software and can run every other ICC.

Any ideas?
                          I fixed my initial error (earlier in this thread), but am now having the same error as G1inger (Windows 7 BEX error). When I close the error I get the 0xc0000005 application will terminate. error window.

Comment

This error is related to the DEP (normally)

Try this:

2) A Data Execution Prevention issue. To resolve this please follow these instructions:

Windows XP
                            Right click on My Computer
                            Click on Properties
                            Click on the Advanced tab
                            Click on the Settings button in the Performance section
                            Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab
                            Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for Windows programs and services only.

Windows Vista/7
                            Press the Windows button
                            Click on Control Panel
                            Click on System Security
                            Click on System
                            Click on Advanced System Settings
                            Click on the Advanced tab and under Performance select Settings.
                            Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
                            Ensure the button next to Turn on DEP for Windows programs and services Only.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              Sorry, yes, add it to your exceptions. If CricketCaptain is set as allowed, can you go through the same process for the elicen40.dll that is also main game folder.

Edit: Also, please check you haven't got other programmes open, problematic ones we know of include iTunes and browsers first time you run it.
                              I have tried all of the suggestions (I use Comodo, and have even tired disabling it to see if that is causing the problem) yet whenever I click on the .exe it just gives me the egg timer for a few seconds and then nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X