This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things you might not notice straight away, but we’ve spent ages on

If I wasn't such an addict of this game I wouldn't make it. Here's some things I've been obsessively working on, which may not be immedately obvious, but improve the game a lot.

-Improved player ability progression. Some players will, for example, start off poor and improve rapidly, while others will start excellent but not improve much.
    - The new user-defined field setting mode will take a little bit of time to get into, but once you’ve tweaked all your fields and use them all the time, you’ll never want to go back to the old system.
    - There is a better balance between player types and abilities for re-generated players.
    - The contract section AI has been re-worked to provide more competition, particularly for the squad players you are re-signing.
    - The on-line game has been extensively re-worked to avoid out-of-sync errors and help fair-play.
    -The ball dynamics have been improved, which also makes the Ball-Tracker more accurate in predicting pitch and strike positions for LBWs.
    - The cloud save will allow you to play on loads of different machines with the same save game (multiple PCs, Mac, iPhone etc, once the versions are released).
    - You can also play on-line with the same saved game on different machines (you’ll need to log-in with the same account details).
    - Improved accuracy in the match engine for more realistic one-day, twenty over and end-of test situations.
    - New rules added for consistency with the modern game. Bad light is now decided by the umpire, rather than the batsmen. Also, there is a new ball from each end and power-plays must be completed by the 40th over in one-day internationals that start after October 1st.
    - Improved squad selection for twenty-over internationals, including the world cup.
    - All players now have their correct first class team set (cosmetic, but nice to know).
    - The aggression ratings and player types have been examined and re-worked for greater consistency with real-life.
    - The new screen-resolutions also work really nicely in windowed mode. Excellent if you need to swap out of the window to bring up a spread-sheet for any reason *cough*.
    - The new lobby system means far more players will be available to play on-line, and you don’t have to sit there waiting for people to challenge. You can play single player to develop your team while you’re waiting.
    - The man of the match decisions have been improved.
    - The new backdrops are subtly different, but make text easier to read.

Good improvements,although not massive ones.
    Will have a look.
    Thanks for such a great game.
    Cheers!!
    Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

I think it sounds great!

Comment

Love it ................
        After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
        Is my Next Dream

Comment

Chris, have there been any changes to the Australian domestic game that we won't be able to see immediately?

Comment

I am not able to play online with New South Wales team.It says team not eligible for online play.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley_1994 View Post
              I am not able to play online with New South Wales team.It says team not eligible for online play.
              Are you playing on easy? To play online you need to be play with a team on normal.

Comment

Thanks for your continued efforts to improve the game Chris.

Comment

Question for Chris:

Is the game coded so that it's expected that a left arm pace bowler would normally bowl from the opposite side of the wicket than a right arm pace bowler would?

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                    Question for Chris:

Is the game coded so that it's expected that a left arm pace bowler would normally bowl from the opposite side of the wicket than a right arm pace bowler would?
                    I'm not Chris, but I've been playing it, and the answer is no.
                    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                      I'm not Chris, but I've been playing it, and the answer is no.
                      That's what I thought too. Thanks.

Comment

If the Empire interactive forums were still available I could point you to a post made about 2 days after the first ICC game came out in 1998 asking the very same question.

That was when the game was 2D - you'd have thought the 3d update with ICC3 would have meant this got fixed. But here - 12 iterations later - left arm bowlers still bowl around the wicket as standard.

Goog luck getting LBW's against left handed batsmen lads - or even right handed ones for that matter.

Scritty
                        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Any chance of the option to make your user default fields always come up? Instead of having to select them at the beginining of each match.

Also can we have defensiveness and the line that's bowled delinked? Sometimes I want to bowl to a packed legside with a ball on legstump defensively. Every time I do that I then have to change my line back to on leg stump.

Thanks.

Comment

We've looked at defaulting to over the wicket for left-handed bowlers. The main issue is that you have a better chance of an lbw if you bowl around the wicket to right-handers, just as right handed-bowlers have a better shout changing against left-handers because the ball often pitches outside leg. Struck in line is an issue. I'm looking into this more to see if we can get the bowlers closer to the stumps, but it will not be in this patch.

I like the idea of automatically using the user-defined fields. We've fixed a couple of bugs with these for this patch and will look at this for the next one. An option to de-link aggression is also a nice idea.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. I too like the ideas of delinking the aggression and auto-using the user-defined fields.

For round/over the wicket, irl of course smart bowlers vary their delivery position (especially over the wicket) - from close to the stumps to the other legal extreme (and just occasionally beyond). You don't have to simulate that in the animation, but it would be very desirable if you could take it into consideration for the purpose of ball trajectory and lbws.

Also consider slingers such as Malinga. He delivers the ball from a metre (or more ) to the right of his delivery position. This makes it much straighter (ie. more on the stumps) than anyone else from over the wicket. And of course wider than others when he goes round.

Comment

Working...
                              X