Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Cricket Captain 2011 Coming Soon!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Cricket Captain 2011 Coming Soon!

It is that time of year again!

As you can see, the website has been updated and we're very close to releasing this years version. We're hoping to release around next weekend, this year is an update rather than a major new version but we have got some exciting new features for the 2011 version:

One Day and 20 over records for International, State and County. We also have a OD and 20 over ranking table for International and player rankings for all formats.

Saving to the cloud, which means you can save on one PC and on your laptop or work machine you can immediately load the latest version. This also works between iPhone/iPad and PC and the forthcoming Mac version.

An area we've wanted to really improve is online, not only can you now play between anyone playing the 2011 version (PC, iPhone/iPad and the Mac version) but there is a new challenge system. Which means you can play single player whilst waiting for someone to challenge you.

Improved field editor, it looks similar, but this is really dynamic and quite clever, it'll take a bit of getting used to, we've been really struggling to explain it. There is one field setting for each bowler type, line, length and attacking setting and you can also now edit the default fields for a user-defined version. When you start playing with this and it "clicks" you'll love it.

Also got some new resolutions, which makes the game available for those of you with Netbook's (1024 x 600, which is the standard Netbook resolution) and in widescreen.

I've also been working on updating the kits.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM.

In terms of statistics and records that will now be saved: are the current records just being extended to cover one day matches and 2020 matches; or, are there going to be more detailed statistics and records saved, that currently are not in the game at all (ie not already in place for first class games)?

Comment

Will the Mac/PC versions be released at the same time?

Comment

Not much improvements in the stats area.It is too few of new set of features for an yearly 'update' of the game.I think it is more of a database update in a way.
        Will check out this new field feature,which is good that we can have particular field settings & line-lengths of a particular bowler for the whole match or forever.They haven't been able to explain it.Let us see it & explain it ourselves.
        One thing i want to ask,any improvements in Australian Domestic cricket?? In ICC 2010,there would be only a few players to contract as T20 only.I hope they have seen to it.
        Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

Surely Zimbabwe are playable, right? I will be extremely disappointed if they're not, as they are scheduled to play a Test match next month.

Comment

Yes,definitely.Zimbabwe should be playable.
            Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Anku31 View Post
              Yes,definitely.Zimbabwe should be playable.
              I'd presume they would. Wouldn't be a massive thing to change as they have been in the past and ICC tends to mimick world cricket.

Comment

Hmm, all i really wanted was the ability to change clubs and have the access to players stats after they are retired. . . but i'll probably buy this one any way

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  Also got some new resolutions, which makes the game available for those of you with Netbook's (1024 x 600, which is the standard Netbook resolution) and in widescreen.
                  Well, you've sold me!
                  World Serious Cricket

Comment

Aussie 20/20

For the Australian 20/20 competiton will it be the new BBL (with teams and squads) or the one used in the 2010/11 season?

Comment

Originally posted by Auswillbe#1 View Post
                      For the Australian 20/20 competiton will it be the new BBL (with teams and squads) or the one used in the 2010/11 season?
                      With the release date being what it is, I'd be rather surprised if it is the format that will be used this summer, as it still hasn't been finalized - new player signings are being announced all the time. That said, I guess they can update the teams in the updates as they become announced.
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

I may pick it up from Game after Xmas when it is a fiver or whatever.
                        A little sad and disapointed with the modest stats update. Given the game generates so many it seems such a tragedy to lose them all when a player retires. I have noted the 50 over and T20 stat changes, but this seems little more than a toe-in-the-pool.

I was rightly or wrongly under the impression that stats were going to be given a serious and long overdue update this year.
                        I'm struggling to understand why this is such a difficult thing to achieve year by year. The game already produces them - all we want is for them to be tabulated and saved.

Without that, and no real updates worth noting that I can see, I am, for the first time, going to decline this years update.

Given that by preference I still play ICC2002 anyway (for the player uploadable phots and smoother gameplay) I don't think 2011 will give me personally an extra £20 worth of playing time. I don't see how the abuse of the online game will be remedied by the changes offered either. Constantly being asked for pirated copies of the game and being verbally abused and disconnected on was never my idea of fun.

Wish staff of ICC and it's players a great year and I'll be back in 9 or 10 months to see if 2012 offers more for my tastes.

Scritty
                        Last edited by Scritty; 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM.
                        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                          With the release date being what it is, I'd be rather surprised if it is the format that will be used this summer, as it still hasn't been finalized - new player signings are being announced all the time. That said, I guess they can update the teams in the updates as they become announced.
                          Sureshot gave indications that this is what is happening, however I wonder if anyone really cares? I mean, the BBL is just CA trying to make their version of the IPL. If it works I'll eat my own words and then some, but I was fairly happy with the way the domestic season was. I am glad the 50-over competition has returned though, really didn't like the 45-over split-innings stuff.

Comment

The only update I want is for the LBW giveaway noise to be gone. Well, alright, a few other updates, but seriously, fix that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                              Sureshot gave indications that this is what is happening, however I wonder if anyone really cares? I mean, the BBL is just CA trying to make their version of the IPL. If it works I'll eat my own words and then some, but I was fairly happy with the way the domestic season was. I am glad the 50-over competition has returned though, really didn't like the 45-over split-innings stuff.
                              I think CA would prefer you to eat a big bucket of KFC and down a few VBs if the KFC BBL is a success (just don't drive your Toyota to buy some Johnny Walker after the VB). Not that it is all about the sponsors - I'm sure for CA it is all about the - what does the C stand for again?
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
                              X