England - Asian XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England - Asian XI

Ok so the 2010 version of the game has lost some of its lusture now that 2011 is coming out so I decided to have some fun and have picked an all Asian England XI and will try my best to play only with them.

Its quite tough to decide a squad but here goes. This is my squad for the T20 world cup.

Lets see how I do.
    Attached Files

If the thumbnails don't enlarge right click and click new tab.

First Game

The pitch said good for bowlers. I wanted to have a bowl first anyway because I thought my fragile batting line up would be more comfortable chasing.

Turns out my bowling was terrible!
    A poor show from everyone apart from Ali who finished with respectable figures.
    Batting collapsed chasing such a huge total but Samit Patel and Dmitri managed to bring some respectability to the score.

Don't think Im going to make changes as the bench strength is just as weak!
    Attached Files

Comment

Trounced the Irish. Elected to bat first this time after figuring out my batting was stronger than the bowling :P

Brought in Monty to try and shore up the bowling and removed Khan who has at best a very ordinary domestic t20 record.

Ramparkash hit a fantastic 82 off 51 balls proving that its not just a Young Mans game and powered me through to a reasonable 166 for 8 wickets. It could have been more but the Hard hitting Patel and Dmitri failed.

A much better bowling performance resulted in the Irish being Skittled out for 69. Ajmal Shahzad leading the way with 5 wickets for 6 runs which I believe equals the record for best international t20 bowling performance.

England go through to the Super 8s where they have a very tough group consisting of themselves New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan.
      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting idea for a story. Good luck, I'll be reading.

Comment

England got stuffed in the super 8's. Failed to make 100 against New Zealand and Pakistan and lost a nailbiter against South Africa where the Saffers needed 7 to win off the last over.

A single off the last ball helped them over the finishing line as England end a miserable campaign.

The England selectors are deliberating wether the Asian XI can be expanded to include South Africans as the likes of Kieswetter,Pietersen,Trott,Lumb and Dernbach will really strengthen the side. However it is unlikely that this move will be approved.

Comment

Obviously in the game those players don't perform that well, but if this was real life it probably wouldn't be such a bad team.

There's some good experience and skill in there, particularly with the likes of Solanki, Ramprakash, Bopara, Shah, Patel, Panesar, Mascarenhas and Shahzad. I reckon they could give Pak, WI, NZ and Bangas a run for their money in real life.

Comment

Had to give this up because 2011 came out but it was interesting while it lasted. Only problems would be the lack of backup players, a couple of injuries and I think I'd have to select non-asians and the game would be over right there!.

Comment

A good read none the less try it with 2011!!

Comment

Yorkshire and whichever county is the worst, I like the challenge of taking them to the top. I have a really enjoyable Worcestershire game on 2010. I've managed to win all of different competitions with them, though in the first couple of seasons they were absolute dross.
                  Bella

Comment

Working...
                  X