Major issues of new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major issues of new version

Some of the more obvious observations of why this is far from the best version ever made (this assumes you are not a n00b who plays on easy, but on normal mode before any misguided person writes back needlessly and inaccurately):

* Ridiculous LBW code whereby LBW can occupy 8-10 of 10 dismissals in an innings, and regularly more than 6

* Ridiculous 'catch-up' code, whereby it is rare you actually crush a far lesser opposition, suffering to the obvious, unsophisticated code of 'catching up' on a match. Seen time and again, either playing against minnows and having them rolled for 120, you score 600, then they consistently get 400+ totals to save a test, or roll you in your 2nd innings. Another regular occurrence has been the ridiculous amounts of wickets you lose in the final session, even if you are only scheduled to bat for one session it is regular that you will be bowled out in the final session of a game which has probably happened less than three times in the history of first-class cricket , has happened to me 4 times in the last 2 seasons of an FC championship (Aust, so even less games for this to occur, I am Victoria, with a stacked batting line-up before anyone queries that)

* In older versions, if you were the better side, and you outplayed the opposition in the first innings by a lopsided amount (e.g. roll them for under 200, score over 400) you would NEVER lose, and that wasn’t rigid code, that was just what would happen in EVERY instance, now you have to ‘allow’ for the fact the game will, incorrectly and pointlessly, catch the game up for a more ‘intense’ (read as ‘dramatic and ridiculously inaccurate and unrealistic) finale, if you are the better side, and you have the better of the opposition (esp. minnows who should stay minnows), you should destroy them every time, none of this ‘catching up’ for the sake of a ‘richer’ game, just be realistic who cares about inaccurate catch-up mode, the reality is if a team would only win from a situation 1 in 1000 times, HAVE THE CODE REFLECT THIS, instead of 1 in 2 times, absolutely ridiculous.

* The catch-up code has taken the skill out of training and blooding and selection, where you used to be able to craft, train and refine a side for 4 years and then be absolutely solid in all formats, you consistently have to put-up with the evening out of a fixture. If my top 7 all bat over 50, and my bowlers all bowl under 28, and I’m playing the bits-and-pieces West Indies, who average about 25 in the top order with the bat, and over 30 with the ball, and I have them on the ropes (e.g. score 500, smoke them for 200) I WIN THE GAME, 999 in 1000. I lose these kinds of games far too often for it to be merely coincidental or unfortunate

* It is almost impossible to win a t20 or One Day game when batting first due to the absurd catch-up code, with bowlers going for 48 off their last 3 overs and etc. regularly to number 8, 9 and even 10 batsmen who can’t even see the ball in real life when at the crease

* An imbalanced concept of how your side's tail performs, irrespective of ability or depth, against that of the computers - i.e. if you have the computer 5-120 chasing 260+ in a test or ODI they regularly win with wickets to spare, whereas in your position you just fold up. EVERY TIME.

* Ridiculous '8-bar aggression' code where a player can bat 8-bar aggression and face 30 balls and get like a 31*, which never happens in any form of cricket in real-life

I've owned every single version of ICC, so don't bite back needlessly saying 'what would you know', the answer to that is 'more than you outright'. How is it that the code gets worse and worse with each new version?

2001, and even 2006 versions were great, IDC about the stupid graphics, not why you'd buy this game, get the engine right, get the player abilities right, and if a bowler bowls at 12 in second team, effing well have him bowl at 25 or under at FC EVERY TIME, or don't have second team stats that go so low as they are misrepresentative and blatantly inaccurate. Nobody who bowls at 12 in second team would bowl at anything over 25 and that's just obvious logic.

There is too much lottery and luck in this version for it to even come close to standing up against the earlier versions, where you are NOT rewarded for skill and knowledge of the game, but merely blind luck and some silly catching up/evening out theory, which rarely happens in reality.

I have clearly retreaded several issues here, I don’t care, it’s my thread and I’ll write what I want (as you will note, I’ve not sworn or said anything insulting, except to the game itself).

Oh and another thing, age should not be a total factor in specialized training. If I train a player for 400 days of off-side (or whatever the hell it is that is required) training, it won’t matter if they are 18 or 38, they’ll GET BETTER, change this.

Add records for one-day scores, partnerships for wicket, bowling records

Add a t20 championship table

Honestly, worst version I’ve played, completely unreliable, only thing you can bank on it seems is the fact that the outcome will not be realistic whatsoever.

End

One thing i seem to keep experiencing which is unrealistic is how easy it is to chase down targets on the 5th/4th day of a test/fc game. I keep having my opponents declare (usually) or bowled out at the start of the final day leading by 300+ runs and i always seem to run it down much easier then should be possible. I too experience the problem where i bowl a side out for 100ish on the first day but then in their second innings they become the immovable object and make the game very close.

Comment

Thankyou - 245 people went to read this, you are the only response so far, so that tells me they either didn't read it due to the size, or couldn't reply in the negative even if they wanted to as deep down they know I'm right.

I was honestly expecting the typical bleeding hearts misguided fools, who fork out the over-priced $30ish (AUS$) each year for an increasingly bad game, and expect that if they say enough good about this horrid version of a dying franchise they'll get a free copy. If I were Chris Childish (whatever his name is really) I'd listen to the feedback, no improvements were ever gained by immersing yourself in misguided a$$-kissing.

How hard would it be to add bowler strike-rates (oh yeah and keepers average more than 1.2 dismissals a game in FC = absurd code), partnership records in ALL FORMATS (with a breakdown of ball count for partnership, runs per player in the partnership and individual balls faced), world ratings for t20, fixed LBW code (never in my life), player ratings for FC (either national or intenrational - as in best FC player in the nation or the world, excluding international players), most runs, wickets, catches for club (historical records with averages, strike-rates, 100s, 50s, 5wi, 4wi, 10wm).

It's just basic code that they'd have to do once only and then it just sums it up in the background all by itself.

As I've said - anyone who buys this game for graphics (nobody does but this is hypothetical) is a misguided, minority fool, you BUY THIS GAME FOR STATISTICS. THICK AND RICH - far-spanning, accurate etc.

Addition of batting s/rates was fantastic, but MORE PLEASE.

So much to fix honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquifier View Post
        Thankyou - 245 people went to read this, you are the only response so far, so that tells me they either didn't read it due to the size, or couldn't reply in the negative even if they wanted to as deep down they know I'm right.
        Or maybe some people agreed with your opening post but didn't feel they had anything to add to the topic beyond "agreed" and hence decided against posting. There's no need to be so condescending and create some sort of imaginary mass of people who are against you, when in reality, you would probably find that the ICC community would find your suggestions more agreeable than you think.

Comment

I read this and didn't post because it is pointless arguing with you, like all the other knockers.

To me, it just sounds like you are not very good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by q felt View Post
            I read this and didn't post because it is pointless arguing with you, like all the other knockers.

To me, it just sounds like you are not very good at it.
            Well you haven't played the game enough, a member for 6 months probs only playing that long. those of us who have been playing a long time totally agree, he is dead right, each year the game get worse in one way or another, each year its just a stats update, more skill errors and maybe something new

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
              Well you haven't played the game enough, a member for 6 months probs only playing that long. those of us who have been playing a long time totally agree
              What a joke! Your join date's a month before his!

Disagree heatedly if you must. But DON'T bring this elitist 'my opinion's better than yours' childishness around here! Even if you're 110 and have been playing since birth, you do NOT have a monopoly on valued opinions.

Another thing to avoid is the silly "everyone agrees with me, no-one with you". Anyone can say that. Currently you're agreeing with about three people, and the dissenting view deserves also to be heard.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                Well you haven't played the game enough, a member for 6 months probs only playing that long. those of us who have been playing a long time totally agree, he is dead right, each year the game get worse in one way or another, each year its just a stats update, more skill errors and maybe something new
                Haha, been playing since 2005.

Apologies for not agreeing with you.

Comment

I've covered these points in another thread, but just to be clear - there is no 'catch up mode'.
                  Last edited by Chris Child; 12-30-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Gameplay is too much balanced in ICC 2010 Please dont make too much changes
                    in 2011 version that will only make down
                    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Working...
                    X