Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtbunbury
    replied
    I've always taken RMF to be the faster of the two, simply from the structure of the terms:

Medium fast, as in: he is a bowler of medium fast pace. The pace he bowls is medium level of fast.

Fast medium, as in: he bowls a fast medium pace. The pace he bowls is fast for a medium bowler.

Some take it as the last term being what they bowl occasionally, whereby fast medium is a fast bowler who occasionally slows to medium and medium fast the other way round, but this strikes me as a strange way of classifying.

Leave a comment:

• dontask
    replied
    how come then RMF seem to be able to bowl longer spells than RFM

Leave a comment:

• Cyril Washbrook
    replied
    Paul has it - this has been an issue of some dispute for quite a while, but in the end it's not important so long as we know which way round they are.

Leave a comment:

• Scritty
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Well...

We have it as RMF faster than RFM.

Why?
    That's not always been the case though. The 2d version of the game had a much longer run up for RFM than RMF

RFM had the same run up as RF
    RMF had the same run up as RM

Used to get a lot more "beaten for pace" wickets with RFM than RMF as well (in the comments).

I think they were swapped about the time of ICC3.

I don't care which was it is as long as I know.

An MPH or (KPH) in the ball tracker screen would be good though

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Imager36
    replied
    I would just say that a RMF was a swinger and RFM was a seamer. Just my tuppence.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Well...

We have it as RMF faster than RFM.

Why?

Right Fast Medium

Right Medium Fast

It's a group classification, but it works backwards, so RMF is: he's in the medium range of being a fast bowler.

RFM: He's in the fast range of a medium bowler.

How we deal with it. Be that right or wrong is very much down to your own opinion. Personally, I think we have it right. Having spoken to other data people for other games (sports management) they agree with me.

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Originally posted by Simbazz View Post
    The way I see it is as ;

RFM ; Is a fast bowler, who is of a medium pace.

RMF ; Is a medium bowler, who bowls fast.

I would say that RFM is quicker.
    That is correct!!!

Leave a comment:

• Simbazz
    replied
    The way I see it is as ;

RFM ; Is a fast bowler, who is of a medium pace.

RMF ; Is a medium bowler, who bowls fast.

I would say that RFM is quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Tiresias
    replied
    Cheers MarksNotts! That's a relief, otherwise my selection process for the first 10 years of the game would have been completely wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    This is the correct designation,

Classification of fast bowlers Type mph km/h
    Fast 90 MPH + 145 KM/H +
    Fast-medium 85 to 89 MPH, 136 to 145 KM/H
    Medium-fast 80 to 85 MPH, 128 to 136 KM/H
    Medium 70 to 80 MPH, 114 to 128 KM/H

although i believe ICC2008 has this the wrong way round....as RMF seem to be quicker in the game than RFM, which is incorrect.
    Last edited by MarksNotts; 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tiresias
    started a topic Rmf/rfm?

Rmf/rfm?

Right: This could be me being a gormless twonk, but is right arm medium-fast (RMF) slower, or faster, than right arm fast-medium (RFM)?

If it's slower, then surely several players in ICC 2008 - Stuart Broad, for example - have been mislabelled as RMF when in fact they're faster than that.

Apologies if this has been pointed out before but the bugs thread is so long nowadays I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing. Does anyone know whether or not this is right?
Working...
X