Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I MISS bazball... A bazball update perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I MISS bazball... A bazball update perhaps?

Sometimes it feels I am playing on the Nassau pitch, in New York... can't time a shot at all. I guess I'm missing the bazball BIG TIME. Can we do something about that Sureshot? Like a 1 or 2%? My average has been ranging anywhere between 130-140, which is very hard to defend. I've been lucky only once touching 200,which again I won by a slender margin of below 10. All the other games have been scratchy to say the least.
    Anyone for a bazball update perhaps?

Can't you just go back and play CC23 if you really want bazball? I know I absolutely hated getting pumped for 230 every match and then crumbling for 150 in response. In FC matches, I would concede 400+ on the first day and pretty much already be out of the match. Not sure if anyone else agrees with me, but the Match Engine for CC23 was pretty broken.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCaptain101 View Post
      Can't you just go back and play CC23 if you really want bazball? I know I absolutely hated getting pumped for 230 every match and then crumbling for 150 in response. In FC matches, I would concede 400+ on the first day and pretty much already be out of the match. Not sure if anyone else agrees with me, but the Match Engine for CC23 was pretty broken.
      perhaps broken... but my style of batting does really well with aggression, and besides I play online a lot - so it does help beat the opposition to pulp, thus deflating the morale of my opponent which works well for me. I don't read too much into offline games coz players perform differently offline and online (if you've played online you'll understand)

Comment

Selfishly I hope they don't listen to you mate as I think for a lot of people the bazball match engine ruined the FC and test formats in last years game

Comment

Originally posted by 512fm View Post
          Selfishly I hope they don't listen to you mate as I think for a lot of people the bazball match engine ruined the FC and test formats in last years game
          Agreed. The 2024 match engine is much better.

Comment

I kind of miss the Bazball game engine too. The Cricket Captain 2024 game engine looks like it belongs to the 2010s. Most of the time, I can defend totals over 250 in ODIs and over 160 in T20Is. However, when I'm batting and chasing such totals, my batting collapses more than 75% of the time. This also happened in Cricket Captain 2023, but only about 25% to 50% of the time, which felt more realistic, even on normal difficulty. This is really frustrating because I just can't seem to chase big totals at all. I hope future updates will fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCaptain101 View Post
              Right brother totally agree with u

Comment

The current engine seems balanced after just a couple of seasons. I'm not dominating any leagues but I have made finals in every comp so the gameplay isn't frustrating or boring. Low scores are easier to chase, huge scores are rare and give you a massive advantage, and sometimes a complete collapse is just unavoidable (but rarely happens). Nothing too special but it feels realistic on the surface.

Comment

looks like there is not going to be any head- way with the bazball update, this version should be re-branded as the NewYork-Nassau Pitch version - absolutely terrible, average scores and more so ordinary batting. Feels like the 90's all over again... it is what it is, so I guess we'll have to adjust anyways.

Comment

I much prefer the 2024 version, so I'm happy, along with most others I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                      I much prefer the 2024 version, so I'm happy, along with most others I'd imagine.
                      seemingly so, no one is complaining - so life's good here on the forums. The developers should be pretty happy with the proceedings. The introduction of bazball last year didn't sit well with most users.

Comment

I'm happy with this version bcs of natural style game play

Comment

Working...
                        X