Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I just witness the mother of all upsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I just witness the mother of all upsets?

Playing International career as Zimbabwe and into 2023. Most series are against Ireland, Bangladesh and Afghanistan like in real. But in summer of 2023 I get to tour England (after 20 years as per real life). First test match and Zimbabwe playing as expected - struggling to be in the game. We bundle down for 216 on a rain affected pitch and England score 464 in their first innings to give us a task of not losing by an innings. Craig Ervine stood up with a beautiful 114 and Sikander Raza played aggressively keeping strike with tail to make sure we avoid an innings defeat. England were 32-0 while chasing a modest 80 so I wasn't expecting anything at all.
    Enter Chatara and Muzarabani. They literally ripped England's top order and then finished the tail to bowl them out for 76. Kind of Test matches we live for. I've been playing since version 2000 and this has been probably the finest comebacks I have witnessed. Screenshot attached.

Waiting eagerly for ICC 2014.

Not so much an upset but lost the toss and had to bowl against Lancashire

Late day 1 they were 0/297.

I end up getting them all out for 380 and over the next lot of innings coming back to win the game.

Comment

Working...
    X