Format change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format change

I see the ECB have changed back to the old two division county championship system for next season.

I’m guessing that the current game won’t get an update where the game reverts back and we will have to wait until the new one is released

The decision to return to 2 divisions was made some time ago, now Covid supposedly is not as disruptive. Indeed it was Covid which forced the ‘temporary’ 3 division structure and the changes that brought, including the Bob Willis trophy.

Finalisations are still up in the air, with less Counties mentioned, but also 2 more counties joining the Championship! It seems certain that more FC games will be played during June & July than at present.

All these changes will be reflected in the new version and I doubt there will be no 2 division ‘update’ in probably what is to be the last update for 21.

Comment

It’s also been bantered around that Yorkshire may not be welcomed back into the fold following the racism furore, but I think that decision has already been made.

Also to note, it seems that counties this year will return to their 2020 determined leagues and any promotions from 21 will be cancelled?

As I said, sadly it’s still all up in the air somewhat.

Following all that uncertainty it would be too difficult to provide a 2 division update which at this time would no doubt be an inaccurate update.
      Last edited by Yorkie; 01-22-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

What on Earth has that got to do with the English season returning to 2 divisions again this year? And a genuine question about this being remedied in the next update? I’m afraid you’re becoming a bit of a pain and rather rude, which I’ve stated in an earlier post. Along with others..

You cannot continually hijack every post with personal demands and corrections to suit your own personal preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
          The decision to return to 2 divisions was made some time ago, now Covid supposedly is not as disruptive. Indeed it was Covid which forced the ‘temporary’ 3 division structure and the changes that brought, including the Bob Willis trophy.

Finalisations are still up in the air, with less Counties mentioned, but also 2 more counties joining the Championship! It seems certain that more FC games will be played during June & July than at present.

All these changes will be reflected in the new version and I doubt there will be no 2 division ‘update’ in probably what is to be the last update for 21.
          Cheers

As a newbie when does cricket captain 2022 come out??

Got to be honest, haven’t really enjoyed playing the 3 group format so really looking forward to cc22

Comment

Versions are normally released during June, but again with the Covid situation 2021 was a little late, I think it was available on Steam from 13th July?

To be honest I’ve not enjoyed the 3 Group format either, (plus a couple of other little irks), so thus started a new save on 2020.

Comment

Versions are normally released during June, but again with the Covid situation 2021 was a little late, I think it was available on Steam from 13th July?

To be honest I’ve not enjoyed the 3 Group format either, (plus a couple of other little irks), so thus started a new save on 2020.
              I'd be interested in hearing these other irks of yours.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, to be honest a couple of these might be older IPad related, but the pressable areas on the batting/bowling screen are still not as responsive as they were on 20 version. Overall 21 is running slightly slower than 20 and is just not as slick. There’s always a slight lag running through an actual over.
                chris_ I think it was also questioned in his post the reasoning behind why the bowling line changes like it now does and how subsequent field placings are effected when changing bowling aggression, which I myself am struggling to fathom and have to continually alter?
                Lastly a tiny one, I’m not a fan of the menu selections on screens now moving up and down instead of sideways. Why spend time changing that? (Sorry you did ask)
                Overall you know I’m a massive fan!
                Like I said little irks. IPad 4 10.3 IOS limit.
                Last edited by Yorkie; 01-24-2022, 11:10 PM.

Comment

In noticed in 2020 the generic bowling aggression line was at the third bar but is now at the fourth bar in 2021. Is there actually a reason or in game benefit to it. I always bowled at 3 bar aggression once the opposition was settled

Comment

Hi Sureshot, to be honest a couple of these might be older IPad related, but the pressable areas on the batting/bowling screen are still not as responsive as they were on 20 version. Overall 21 is running slightly slower than 20 and is just not as slick. There’s always a slight lag running through an actual over.
                    chris_ I think it was also questioned in his post the reasoning behind why the bowling line changes like it now does and how subsequent field placings are effected when changing bowling aggression, which I myself am struggling to fathom and have to continually alter?
                    Lastly a tiny one, I’m not a fan of the menu selections on screens now moving up and down instead of sideways. Why spend time changing that? (Sorry you did ask)
                    Overall you know I’m a massive fan!
                    Like I said little irks. IPad 4 10.3 IOS limit.
                    Thanks.

The play over lag compared to 2020 will be caused by Chris' change to improve the physics calculations. The age of your device will be the cause of this, as newer stuff will handle those extra calculations.

Pressable area is interesting feedback, and something we will look at for CC2022, likewise with the changes to fields from bowling aggression. This is useful feedback from an experienced user such as yourself.

The change to the filters was a part of the new control system (needed for console development), these filters were inconsistent in behaviour (some went up/down, others were sideways), we decided to make the change in terms of consistency going forward to support the new control system.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback as always.
                      The game is still awesome mate.

Just to note I don’t have much issue running the highlights, which I’ve found run slightly quicker zoomed out a little instead of the default close up view..

Game does occasionally crash when searching by name for a certain player when ‘all players’ in the database are selected. Again this may be older IPad specific.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback as always.
                        The game is still awesome mate.

Just to note I don’t have much issue running the highlights, which I’ve found run slightly quicker zoomed out a little instead of the default close up view..

Game does occasionally crash when searching by name for a certain player when ‘all players’ in the database are selected. Again this may be older IPad specific.
                        Thanks. Can you give me an example of a player name that causes it to crash? It could be memory related, but the name searched for might have an impact on that.

Comment

‘Rashid Khan’ is a culprit, that brings up a host of ‘Khans’ (being a common name) that gives me a regular crash.

Independent names not so bad just an occasional crash

Comment

‘Rashid Khan’ is a culprit, that brings up a host of ‘Khans’ (being a common name) that gives me a regular crash.

Independent names not so bad just an occasional crash
                            Thanks. I will take a look.

Comment

Working...
                            X