No announcement yet.

Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I'd still love to see is the ability to be a "franchise captain", i.e. you can have a full English career as your main save, but then get offers to captain e.g. T20 franchise teams in other countries during the English off-season, but still retain your English county captaincy for the following season. I currently play two saves - a full English career and an Australian T20 only career (which I started as a way to skip a season ahead to see the international fixtures for the following season before doing my English county contracts, but I do play all the Australian T20 games), but it would be great to do all of that within the same save.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post
      The one I'd still love to see is the ability to be a "franchise captain", i.e. you can have a full English career as your main save, but then get offers to captain e.g. T20 franchise teams in other countries during the English off-season, but still retain your English county captaincy for the following season. I currently play two saves - a full English career and an Australian T20 only career (which I started as a way to skip a season ahead to see the international fixtures for the following season before doing my English county contracts, but I do play all the Australian T20 games), but it would be great to do all of that within the same save.
      That'd make for an interesting save. Just jumping around domestic t20 comps/teams.
      Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

Contracts:

Need to include filters in player lists when doing contracts. Can manage when playing a country with few teams (e.g. NZ which has 6), but if playing India the list of available players is huge.

It would be helpful if you could tag players when doing contracts. Either leaving them highlighted so you can easily see them in future trawls through the list OR alternatively so that once tagged they are not shown in the next contract round.

Contract negotiation would be more interesting if the player requested a different salary depending on contract length. E.G. a good youth player might request x for a 1 year contract, but want more for a 2 year contract and even more for a 3 year contract. Conversely, a player nearing the end of their career might request x for a 1 year contract, less for a 2 year contract and less still for a 3 year contract.
        Last edited by ManInShorts; 02-09-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Just any increase in the scope of contract negotiations would be good. In my experience it feels like 9 times out of 10, players simply will not sign for any less than their original requested salary. A bit more give and take there would be great.

Comment

2nd XI selection

Is it possible to limit the number of players for whom 2nd XI stats are generated each game to 11? Although it is useful to see stats for all (say) 19 players not in the first XI it is a little unrealistic that they can all play for the second XI every match.

a) limit number of players that can be designated 'play for 2nd XI' to 11
            b) where player selects fewer than 11, the AI tops the selection up to 11 (or as many as are available if fewer)
            c) 2nd XI stats are generated for only the (up to) 11 selected by the player and AI

Comment

Originally posted by ManInShorts View Post
              2nd XI selection

Is it possible to limit the number of players for whom 2nd XI stats are generated each game to 11? Although it is useful to see stats for all (say) 19 players not in the first XI it is a little unrealistic that they can all play for the second XI every match.

a) limit number of players that can be designated 'play for 2nd XI' to 11
              b) where player selects fewer than 11, the AI tops the selection up to 11 (or as many as are available if fewer)
              c) 2nd XI stats are generated for only the (up to) 11 selected by the player and AI
              I just assume that 2nd XI includes Premier cricket and the equivalent. Reconciles it in my mind at least.

Comment

I've always seen 2ndXI as club cricket / premier cricket too, even if it's just imagining it.
                Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilal8844554499 View Post
                  There should be no friendly matches in cc 2022. it is useless in game, you can't retire out a batsman and makes no Sense in the game, make the game clean as possible.
                  On a complete opposite note, I'd love to see more friendly tour matches, tournament warm-up matches, 2nd XI matches, etc added. Even intra-club games for teams that participate in them would be a great addition and get a bit of experience for rookies and boost form just before a series. The first tour of the year needs warm up matches of some kind the most. If an international team tours in Feb, their form will be reset at the end of the calendar even if they play immediately again in Mar. Having the T20 World Cup first up on the calendar especially shows how devastating having good form reset for the start of the year is but tour matches and warm up games will help mitigate this immensely.

Now for some more ridiculous suggestions:

Just for the hell of it, why not throw in the occasional vs World XI match because why not? Dominate a form of cricket for a number of years: try your luck against the World XI. Team isn't dominating? Try beating the top team with the world's best or have a 'charity' match such as the Tsunami appeal series with Asia vs RoW.

Better not forget domestic cricket too. Bring back the Champions League for the top T20 teams in domestic comps that season. Or similar to the vs World XI games, have a domestic team go up against the national squad.

Just file these under pipe dreams that probably aren't entirely realistic.

Comment

A few QoL things that would be nice:
                    A way to put all players in the 2nd XI rather than one by one.
                    Sort save files by most recently played.
                    Announce international retirements.
                    "Post-2022" records where stats exclude all historic games and only include games played in CC.
                    Filters
                    More frequent auto saves for those times I finish a game, exit after the results screen and lose a whole test match of progress because I was too quick for the post-match auto save.

Comment

I checked English player stats and he has played 15 od matches in English Domistic in an year, how is this possible when real schedule has 8 matches per team?
                      ?Domistic cricket Should be not be imaginary, stats Should be added how domistic schedule is in game for every country.
                      15 in England isn't possible I don't think but they could get up to 12.

8 group games
                      Quarter, semi and final.
                      Friendly against touring test side.

Check which teams this player had appeared for, I sometimes see players going and playing overseas in the winter all over the place.

Comment

But there is eng od written.
                        every country domistic scores should be show that we know . it's not imaginary.
                        Screenshot please.

Comment

Something amiss?
                          397 runs ~ 16 innings gives an average of 24.81 not 28.36.

Not correct either way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
                            Something amiss?
                            397 runs ~ 16 innings gives an average of 24.81 not 28.36.

Not correct either way you look at it.
                            With two not outs, it works to 28.36.

A university match bumps the total up to 13 games (if they count). I've had stats do funny things for overseas comps before, has that player played overseas comps in that year but from a comp that may have a clashing date?.

Comment

This thread should be titled 'dreams'.

Because you're dreaming if you think the devs have any intention to actually improve this game.

FYI thousands of these posts have been made for previous editions of ICC and roughly 0 of them have ever been implemented.

Comment

Tournament
                                I know Tournaments isn't the most popular mode but it could use an expansion.
                                • The ability to play World Cup-style tournaments with ATG players. You could then easily recreate classic World Cup tournaments or go with a more typical greatest XI tournament.
                                • A custom World Cup-style tournament with Test matches.
                                • State/county/province/etc available to create a custom tournament. Either create series between two teams such as Yorkshire and Victoria or populate a World Cup tournament with a selection of national teams.
                                • Custom scenarios. Mentioned this earlier but it could also include mid-match scenarios such as defend a low total or recreate a famous innings such as Stokes at Headingley. Could be interesting to see custom scenarios shareable too.
                                • Might as well mention Women's tournaments again, particularly WC and Ashes.
                                Edit rather than making a one-liner post:
                                • Having first innings bonus points shown on the scorecard mid-match. Not that it often matters much but it comes into play for at least the Sheffield Shield final and could make the difference between going for an aggressive win or a defensive draw. Today's Shield final was a scenario where the bonus point system dictated how teams played. A target score similar to D/L could also be handy.
                                Edit 2
                                • Save highlight settings, especially the camera angle.
                                Last edited by Wilted; 04-23-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X