100 call ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 call ups

I know it has been moaned about in the past but I just got to the OD cup an encountered this.

Of my 16 bowling options I am missing one to international duty and 11 to the hundred, leaving me with four bowlers. Three OS and one LS. And one of those is a regen from this season.

Mumble grumble.

The Hundred has had a terrible impact on the One Day comp in game and is proving to be the bane of CC since it’s conception (I hate it, it’s a waste of resources and no prize money to my County for winning it!) I just don’t get it?

But, and you’ve heard this before too, if you’d sooner do well in the One Day comp, which the ECB themselves will acknowledge is now downgraded, planning via player purchasing is possible (easier now following the work on player contract availability) to give you the advantage in the 50 Over Cup to make some serious inroads.

It takes careful planning, but at last I’m reaching the semi’s, odd winner which gives me even greater satisfaction because I’m not supposed to be trying to win it, only use it to give the kids a ‘run out’

Nonsense! I want to win it! Arrggh rant over..

Comment

Your entire squad is regens who are far too commonly way overpowered and therefore bagging hundred contracts.

The issue isn't the hundred, it's teams are just signing the best bowlers, what else would they do. The problem is that it's way too easy to accumulate a squad of overpowered regens.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
        Of my 16 bowling options I am missing one to international duty and 11 to the hundred, leaving me with four bowlers.
        I know it's not for everyone, but the unofficial editor provides a couple of ways of circumventing this problem:
        1. Select "unavailable" players in your team by clearing the "Playing in 100" checkbox (in the Player Editor).
        2. Increase your team's budget (in the Club Editor) so you can sign more players.
        I am abundantly aware of the criticisms of using an editor, but if you want a bit of control over these small annoyances, then the editor is available for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
          Your entire squad is regens who are far too commonly way overpowered and therefore bagging hundred contracts.

The issue isn't the hundred, it's teams are just signing the best bowlers, what else would they do. The problem is that it's way too easy to accumulate a squad of overpowered regens.
          The year is 2031, so yeah, lots of regens. I'm alsoo strating with a weak team and building from there, so a lot of young players and a lot of weeding out. I would say that even if you do have a team chok full of over tallented regens you should at least have a small veto over who gets pulled up. I usually keep an eye on 100 signings and make up for them when signing contracts but for some reason failed to this year!

Comment

Despite my mumble grumbles having four spinners and a batsman as my bowling attack I still won the competition. I also bowled the opposition for 200 or less six times.

Comment

Actually something’s gone pear shaped this season. I won the OD cup with that bowling attack, the T20s comfortably but the FC season without dropping a match. In fact I won 9 of them by an innings and only had to knock off 16 runs in one match and 28 in another.

My team and tactics are NOWHERE near this good. I play online, I KNOW they are not this good by miles and miles.

Anyone else have mad results ten years in?

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post

The year is 2031, so yeah, lots of regens. I'm alsoo strating with a weak team and building from there, so a lot of young players and a lot of weeding out. I would say that even if you do have a team chok full of over tallented regens you should at least have a small veto over who gets pulled up. I usually keep an eye on 100 signings and make up for them when signing contracts but for some reason failed to this year!
                The game is limited in that it's far too easy to identify, sign and stockpile the best regens.

The Hundred isn't signing your players en masse to do you over for a laugh it's signing them because they're amongst the best players available to it's sides.

In reality no County side would be able to sign all these players as they'd want greater opportunities to play etc or wouldn't be available in the first place as the in game counties are terrible at building their squads.

Comment

Working...
                X