Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've spent more time playing Cricket Captain 21 than Cricket 22 this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've spent more time playing Cricket Captain 21 than Cricket 22 this weekend.

With BBL starting, Ashes around the corner, massive summer of cricket coming up, of course I was itching to play a cricket video game this weekend. Not only that but a new cricket game is out so I would've thought it was time to give CC21 a bit of a break for Cricket 22. Weekend should have been pretty much set to go. But despite that I've put about four hours into CC21 and less than an hour into Cricket 22. Both games are very different games, one going for a stats/management game and the other a 3D playing sim but I think both being two of the only current cricket games going around they deserve some sort of comparison.

Unfortunately Cricket 22 fell victim to biting off more than it could before it's release date. Features missing, crashes mid-game, buggy modes, broken AI and not being able to progress past the title screen has made Cricket 22's launch rival, if not 'surpass' Cyberpunk 2077. So it was nice that CC21 is reliable and probably going to be my go to cricket game for the summer.

So why complain about Cricket 22 on another game's forum? Being the only other cricket game on the market at the moment, I'm guessing at least a few other users here would be interested in picking it up. Considering that Cricket 22 is unplayable in it's current state (not exactly a hyperbole) wait some time before hitting that purchase button and boot up Cricket Captain instead.

Nice comments Wilted and I’m sure you’ve made the right choice. Game has a cult following and rightly so. Some critics (as always) but thousands of followers! It’s a beautiful conception, long may it continue..please!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
      With BBL starting, Ashes around the corner, massive summer of cricket coming up, of course I was itching to play a cricket video game this weekend. Not only that but a new cricket game is out so I would've thought it was time to give CC21 a bit of a break for Cricket 22. Weekend should have been pretty much set to go. But despite that I've put about four hours into CC21 and less than an hour into Cricket 22. Both games are very different games, one going for a stats/management game and the other a 3D playing sim but I think both being two of the only current cricket games going around they deserve some sort of comparison.

Unfortunately Cricket 22 fell victim to biting off more than it could before it's release date. Features missing, crashes mid-game, buggy modes, broken AI and not being able to progress past the title screen has made Cricket 22's launch rival, if not 'surpass' Cyberpunk 2077. So it was nice that CC21 is reliable and probably going to be my go to cricket game for the summer.

So why complain about Cricket 22 on another game's forum? Being the only other cricket game on the market at the moment, I'm guessing at least a few other users here would be interested in picking it up. Considering that Cricket 22 is unplayable in it's current state (not exactly a hyperbole) wait some time before hitting that purchase button and boot up Cricket Captain instead.
      Never been a fan of the Big Ant games. The small budget company always releases games that are half baked.

Spend all their budget on the licencing, and then there is not enough left for development, hence the games we get.

Comment

In between Cricket Captain and Hell Let Loose, I have zero time for any games, let alone C22. Said it before that Big Ant cricket is all looks and no go, and their latest dump proves that.

Up Cricket Captain!

Comment

Working...
        X