Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations

Hi guys I’m wanting to start a new save as a domestic team that has potential in their squad. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Western Australia is a top team.
    a challenge I am doing now is South Australia I won the FC championship in the 1st year somehow
    ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

I started one with Sussex not too long ago - a young team with a lot of talent. We won the CC and BWT in the first season (on easy difficulty mind you) but struggled in the Blast and especially the RLC when players like Archer, Garton, Salt and Jordan left for the Hundred. A pretty good challenge to improve players like Ibrahim, Coles and Lenham up to 1st team quality

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
        Western Australia is a top team.
        This is probably the easiest team to start with in my experience. The Aus domestic comp only has six teams so making the final is a bit easier compared to county cricket in the UK. WA themselves have some great players in their initial squad already so they will probably perform well straight away. NSW also has the star power but half of their team will be away on international duty in the first year at least.

After a few seasons and contracting better players to fill in your gaps and finding a few good regens, most teams can be competitive anyway.

Comment

If it helps, here are the County Championship positions from my save up to the end of 2029:

Click image for larger version

Name:	teampos29.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	77657

Surrey have been incredibly consistent as the only team to reach Div 1 every year and have 3 title wins in that time. They start off with a couple of very strong bowlers in Reece Topley and Tom Curran, plus the likes of Ollie Pope and Rory Burns. Obviously some/all of those will be away on International duty for various durations but the data suggests their squad can handle that.

At this point there are clearly a lot of newgen players and many original players have moved around so the last few years are probably less indicative of the potential in initial squads, but those with a good first 4 years or so should be a decent indication. That said, it might all look very different for someone else's save.

Comment

Notts and Kent going for the all or nothing approach, it seems!

Comment

Working...
            X