The Good Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Eggs

I'm happy and surprised to say, that no player I've played against has disconnected (on purpose) with atleast my last 10-15 games played. This comes as a huge relief that players have decided to play fair (win or loose). To name a few of the real gems here, I have played against with my various teams:

Brar, SBC, ABCsK (though he seemed dodgy to me at first), Invincible, AusFan1 (though very slow in game play), Loca , Support Farmers, Sultan etc to mention a few.

After whinging in another thread about playing online and how I felt it wasn't worth the hassle I took Sureshot advice and gave it another try.

The only disconnects have been at the start up screen ans even then we just tried again. I played SupportFarmers last night and while the second match was fairly close the first was one sided because I took a few early wickets and it was hard for them to rebuild. Despite this and a couple of other matches where I was clearly going to win by the end of the firat innings all games were finished.

For balance I want to say that I have had matches where I had no hope of winning too!

It is a huge improvement and the onkine game can be really enjoyable if played fairly and in the right spirit

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
      After whinging in another thread about playing online and how I felt it wasn't worth the hassle I took Sureshot advice and gave it another try.

The only disconnects have been at the start up screen ans even then we just tried again. I played SupportFarmers last night and while the second match was fairly close the first was one sided because I took a few early wickets and it was hard for them to rebuild. Despite this and a couple of other matches where I was clearly going to win by the end of the firat innings all games were finished.

For balance I want to say that I have had matches where I had no hope of winning too!

It is a huge improvement and the onkine game can be really enjoyable if played fairly and in the right spirit
      Check players DC records and avoid any that look high. I wouldn’t also play anything longer that a T20 against a new player as I’d check them out as being decent before committing more of your time. You get lots of demo players who couldn’t care less about the game if they are losing and just DC but on the whole most online players play in the right spirit.

Comment

I shouldn't have said anything. I just played five matches, the first got 2/3 of the way through then just froze and I got an error message, the second we completed. The third was going well (for them) when someone rang me and it disconnected so the other player graciously played again. I won by a country mile so we went to another. It was a really good match - I needed 70 off 7 overs with 7 wickets remaining with two set batsmen. It could have gone either way and was shaping up for an exciting finish when it also froze and the error message eventually came up.

I now have 5 disconnects. I'm willing to concede the phone call as one but not the other two. It was doing this last time I tried playing online and I just gave up on it then
        Last edited by cde; 09-17-2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

My opponent doesn't have those two as disconnects against their record. If I get an error message and then a disconnect against my record rather than an error does that mean the issue is at my end? Internet connection issue maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
            My opponent doesn't have those two as disconnects against their record. If I get an error message and then a disconnect against my record rather than an error does that mean the issue is at my end? Internet connection issue maybe?
            An error should go on both your records as an error, that’s a server fault. Any faults your end will go down as your disconnection

Comment

Makes sense. I happened again against the same opponent but this time he picked up the disconnect. It has made me more understanding of disconnects - if it happens at a pretty random time I'm now going to assume it's a connection issue rather than foul play

Comment

Jaibalayya - about to lose by over 100 in a T20 with 1 wicket remaining and lots of overs and then DC. Really frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                X