Tour Games/Friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Games/Friendlies

Excluding university matches, has anyone played a tour game in their save, be it for or against a National side? I recall playing Nonedescripts (Sri Lanka) in my Zimbabwe save but that was it, nothing since.

There were a few of these on the 2020 version. I can remember as my County Yorkshire playing and BEATING Australia when they were touring England!
    Was as proud as punch that day!

As England in Australia I’ve just played Western Australia, then NSW in 2 friendly’s, but again on 2020 (in Dec 2021).

Waiting for next IOS patch before getting into new version so can’t comment on 2021.

Comment

I've not had any for a few years - as in CC19 maybe. It's a shame but kind of reflects modern touring schedules. I'm not sure where you would fit a tour match into the English domestic calender now! Maybe in the middle of the T20s so the players don't play in the format they are suddenly expected to compete?

Comment

Played one as Australia heading into a Sri Lankan series at the start of season two.

Comment

Haven't played an international save in CC21 yet but there are a few on the fixture. Tours of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh usually have one (Bangladesh have an OD too), tours of England rarely have one and tours of Australia have one albeit against CA XI with a team of 11 new faces seemingly generated just for that game. CA XI games are entirely useless since those players aren't even from the domestic pool.

I have never played nor seen tour games in South Africa, India, New Zealand, Windies, Pakistan or the other teams.

I would love to see more tour games and have two suggestions:
          • Option 1 - Every series includes one tour match in the schedule. As a international team, it doesn't matter against who but in a domestic career at least one per year should be against your team.
          • Option 2 - Have a 2nd XI like the CA XI teams but for domestic careers, that game is coached by you and you can select team from the domestic players not selected in the international squad. No more useless one-time regens.
          Personally I prefer Option 1 but scheduling a 2nd XI game may be easier in some cases but should be controlled by the player still. The more tour games, the more fun for domestic comps.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie View Post
            There were a few of these on the 2020 version. I can remember as my County Yorkshire playing and BEATING Australia when they were touring England!
            Was as proud as punch that day!
            Was that quite a few seasons in? I only got throught about 6 seasons I think on my Yorkshire save on CC20 but didn't get to play any touring sides. My first season on CC21 I didn't even get a university match to start the season!

Comment

Yes it was a few years in. ‘The Aussies never turned up’ as it were. Think I bowled them out for 129?

Whenever I get a friendly (using England) I always play my fringe players, not the regulars, because if they have a poor game their form always drops. The ‘regulars’ unplayed always seem to retain their current form thus ready for the Test match.
              This has just happened trialing a newbie bowler age 21. 4.5 stars form but got blasted and ended up on 1 star form!

Comment

Working...
              X