Age and decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age and decline

Two of my star players are 36 and don't seem to be slowing down at all. Question is, do players decline with age, or do they just retire at a certain age or point?

Originally posted by Fitzroy FC View Post
    Two of my star players are 36 and don't seem to be slowing down at all. Question is, do players decline with age, or do they just retire at a certain age or point?
    They do decline slowly but good players can see to go well let 30s but just less consistent

Comment

I still have Steve Smith at 37 dominating.
      ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Similarly on 2020 version had Usman Khawaja at 37 playing unbelievably as my Overseas. Remarkably he was dropped by Australia from all formats at age 35, so the AI maybe got that one wrong? I wasn’t complaining as he became the first player on my team sheet every game!

Comment

I've had everlasting players, as long as they keep getting picked they keep on playing! Sometimes their performace tails off or becomes less consistant like Jamesy1984 said but I've found that if I don't play them enough one year because of a patch of bad form they retire.

Comment

Seems to vary from player to player , but yea star batsmen more likely to go on and on in to the mid 30s most of the time , I had a good player who become complete dud at the age of 31 , I thought it's just a bad patch and will recover after a season or two , but he keep getting worse and worse eventually i got fed up with him and discard him at the age of 34 , He hang on to domestic cricket and perform even worse. Good riddance I would say , some players are so greedy they will not just retire , this idiot hang on till 39 in the domestic cricket and performed horribly from 34-39.
            He was not my star player though as he was a batsmen averaging early 40s in ODIs and by the time he reaches 34 he was averaging 38 with the bat. from 34-39 he was averaging in late 20s in domestic ODs.
            Last edited by muhammad saad; 08-10-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Bowlers seems to be finish at the age of 33/34 most of the time even if they are your star bowler.

Comment

Working...
              X