Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A feature I miss from Cricket Captain 2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A feature I miss from Cricket Captain 2!!!

Hi devs, no one ever talks about this lost feature but then maybe not many people played ICC2 like me… what would be the chances in bringing back player profile photos? I used to really like it and don’t understand why left the game. The only thing I would change instead of the blacked out faces for regens to go for the Football Manager like generated pics. Examples attached.
    Attached Files

That was when more editing was possible was well, so I used to find photos of random people to give to my favourite regen players instead of having the blank faces! I realise that makes me sounds slightly insane...!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post
      That was when more editing was possible was well, so I used to find photos of random people to give to my favourite regen players instead of having the blank faces! I realise that makes me sounds slightly insane...!
      I think I may have put my picture in for a star regen, things you do when you’re young! I do think the real photos with generated photos of regens makes it seem more real than all text on screen but just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
        Hi devs, no one ever talks about this lost feature but then maybe not many people played ICC2 like me… what would be the chances in bringing back player profile photos? I used to really like it and don’t understand why left the game. The only thing I would change instead of the blacked out faces for regens to go for the Football Manager like generated pics. Examples attached.
        Just to add to more things the devs have to do for not much point?
        game play is more important than a picture?
        ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

If I remember correctly when this came-up a few years back there were copyright and privacy problems. One thing I'd like is a photo and the name of the ground your playing on underneath the score. It might be worth Sureshot trying to get that. There are some grounds Peshawar, Hove, Wellington that would probably offer their own photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post

Just to add to more things the devs have to do for not much point?
            game play is more important than a picture?
            When did I say pictures were more important than gameplay? Simply made this post because it was something I liked in the game and what’s the point in a forum where people can’t make suggestions. Seen you snapping at users on other threads, people are allowed opinions and no-one is saying they don’t like the game, think you need to chill a bit mate.

This post was never for a moan or compliant more just about a nostalgic memory. Im not a developer so of course If it’s something hard to implement it’s not a big deal.

Comment

When did I say pictures were more important than gameplay? Simply made this post because it was something I liked in the game and what’s the point in a forum where people can’t make suggestions. Seen you snapping at users on other threads, people are allowed opinions and no-one is saying they don’t like the game, think you need to chill a bit mate.

This post was never for a moan or compliant more just about a nostalgic memory. Im not a developer so of course If it’s something hard to implement it’s not a big deal.
              Not snappy mate. But sooo many little insignificant things are getting pointed out and all people seem to do here is sook.... the devs have worked their ringholes off for people to fine small stuff wrong with it....please..

Play the game for what it is for.... fun
              ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Not snappy mate. But sooo many little insignificant things are getting pointed out and all people seem to do here is sook.... the devs have worked their ringholes off for people to fine small stuff wrong with it....please..

Play the game for what it is for.... fun
                Last time I will say this but I’m not complaining or saying there is anything wrong, I have actually praised this game for being the best version yet.

On a forum for every single game people are going to make suggestions and have opinions, if it’s going to stress you out if every pot isn’t just praise then not sure why you’d actually come on the forums.

Comment

Last time I will say this but I’m not complaining or saying there is anything wrong, I have actually praised this game for being the best version yet.

On a forum for every single game people are going to make suggestions and have opinions, if it’s going to stress you out if every pot isn’t just praise then not sure why you’d actually come on the forums.
                  Mate no stress here... just looking at alot of people complaining. Sorry if u took it wrong.

But the Pictures would be cool. What happens with regens? Blanks? Going to look close to all blank within 5 years so there really is no point yeh?
                  ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

I asked this question to the devs last year here. The response from Sureshot was:

Unfortunately due to image rights we can't have player photos.
                    I totally agree that this was a fantastic feature back in ICC2. And it's actually a great suggestion because it would be relatively little development effort for quite a major visual improvement to the game. (So Cam's objection is pretty hard to understand). Sadly, the problem is purely a legal one.

I also asked about releasing Cricket Captain with no photos and allowing fans to share "unofficial" photo packs (like used to be done with Championship Manager in the old days)... but I can see why the devs wouldn't want to do this (most people would probably never find the unofficial photo packs).

Comment

Mate no stress here... just looking at alot of people complaining. Sorry if u took it wrong.

But the Pictures would be cool. What happens with regens? Blanks? Going to look close to all blank within 5 years so there really is no point yeh?
                      I actually quite like what football manager does with regen face packs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like a copyright minefield as much as it is a database nightmare. Even a Cricket19 with a full dev studio and much larger budget could only have rights for using the likeness of just two teams and had Virat Kohli under a name like V. Karli or something to avoid problems with BCCI..

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

I asked this question to the devs last year here. The response from Sureshot was:

I totally agree that this was a fantastic feature back in ICC2. And it's actually a great suggestion because it would be relatively little development effort for quite a major visual improvement to the game. (So Cam's objection is pretty hard to understand). Sadly, the problem is purely a legal one.

I also asked about releasing Cricket Captain with no photos and allowing fans to share "unofficial" photo packs (like used to be done with Championship Manager in the old days)... but I can see why the devs wouldn't want to do this (most people would probably never find the unofficial photo packs).
                          I think the devs have bigger fish to fry.
                          having pictures does nothing to improve and develop the game....
                          But I don't play with highlights or anything either so I'm not going to say they are better or not because well I don't use them
                          ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

There'd be some development on changing the UI, as you can see from Jamesy1984 photo in the opening post it used to appear in the match interface, which was nice back then.

There's also a consideration with a player photo system working on mobile, as mobile is our biggest platform. Not just in terms of being able to add them, but adjusting the phone interface to work with them (which would be very awkward to do), which we'd probably have to do given 90-95% of the Android;/iOS users are on phones.

Comment

This screenshot is actually hilarious. The gameplay, general appearance, pitch settings etc are all exactly the same as they are now!

Comment

Working...
                              X