T20 struggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    There is some really interesting feedback in here, I will give the feedback to Chris from galvatron to see what he says. I should be able to give his reply in here at the weekend.

My own point to Chris I want to raise is what % of AI pitches would be non-batsman friendly, that balance might not be right for 20 Overs. There's some bowler friendly pitches in 20 overs in real life, but I don't think they are as common as bowler friendly FC matches.

There are some other variations compared to the real world, all grounds in Cricket Captain have one dimension, no 50m boundaries!
    You can spot the few pitches that aren't batter friendly a mile away in real life, the scores are usually wildly different!

I always use a seam-friendly pitch for my T20 home matches unless I have two brilliant spinners. It flummoxes most batting line ups, especially if it is overcast or you bowl first.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post

You can spot the few pitches that aren't batter friendly a mile away in real life, the scores are usually wildly different!

I always use a seam-friendly pitch for my T20 home matches unless I have two brilliant spinners. It flummoxes most batting line ups, especially if it is overcast or you bowl first.
      I used to do that too but it seemed to flummox my batting line-up as much as the opposition's, so I went back to just taking what the game gives me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

That sounds like an interesting opportunity for development. It would be great for Old Trafford to feel very different to Taunton.
        If by interesting opportunity you mean an insane amount of work, then yes The amount of balancing such a system would need, would be beyond our resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

That’s a great point especially playing in England all pitches seem either bowler friendly or bad weather. We do have some sun in summer
          First week of August and I'm in a light jumper, but yes, we do have some sun!

Comment

The thing that annoys me about T20 and Hundred when batting I often get into good positions 10-15 required with two overs remaning and suddenly my batsmen only score 3-4 runs an over and I lose the game.

Comment

cde Thanks for sharing your strats. I use a similar method during the game but probably go too aggressive a bit early, hence the lower scores. I'll try out having a closer look a form during team selection to see how that changes things. Winning regular matches isn't too much of a problem for me, I'm usually top few at the end of a season

Oddly enough I've seen quite a number of first ball sixes in this game... in the fourth innings of an FC match while trying to bat for a draw. Not sure why but batsmen come out slogging when on one bar even if 'chasing' 400+ with less than a day to go.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210804-115407.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	76698

Comment

I have a regen who I put in with 5-10 overs to go in OD or T20 games and he smashes it regularly. Made a 45 ball 100 to get us over 400 in a. OD match.
                  rare but you have to have the 1 right player to do it.
                  ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Played a bit more online and I still think it's too hard to score in the latter overs.

Played Foxes who has a great team. He was 100-0 off 10 overs and only got 159.

Then I was 122-0 from 13 and lost by 5...

Is anyone managing to hit runs in the latter overs? Yet to score over 200 online.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                      I have a regen who I put in with 5-10 overs to go in OD or T20 games and he smashes it regularly. Made a 45 ball 100 to get us over 400 in a. OD match.
                      rare but you have to have the 1 right player to do it.
                      What leagues do you play in Cam? This could be an issue on the English grounds as I’m having the same issues as Galvatron playing as Essex, I can win game but only if I bowl opposition cheap. Runs at the death never seem to come even with plenty of wickets in hand and good players at the crease

Comment

Playing as Australia
                        ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                          Played a bit more online and I still think it's too hard to score in the latter overs.

Played Foxes who has a great team. He was 100-0 off 10 overs and only got 159.

Then I was 122-0 from 13 and lost by 5...

Is anyone managing to hit runs in the latter overs? Yet to score over 200 online.
                          the game is hopeless! I don't even know how I am holding on to the 2nd position in the rankings - guess the bonus points are keeping me there. Once that is done, the slide will start. STUPID STUPID game!

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

the game is hopeless! I don't even know how I am holding on to the 2nd position in the rankings - guess the bonus points are keeping me there. Once that is done, the slide will start. STUPID STUPID game!
                            You’ve won 66% of your games online that’s far from a bad record

Cam I just played a season of BBL and often got 180+ and went big and the end and chased down big totals. I’m really thinking it maybe just need to be some improvements in English grounds and conditions as that was a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

Stop playing then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

You’ve won 66% of your games online that’s far from a bad record

Cam I just played a season of BBL and often got 180+ and went big and the end and chased down big totals. I’m really thinking it maybe just need to be some improvements in English grounds and conditions as that was a lot easier
                                Which is weird as English grounds are tiny compared to Aus grounds
                                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
                                X