Steam vs iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam vs iOS

Hi guys. Is there any difference between the steam version and the iOS version?

I might get the iOS version when it comes out, I'll let you know if I do. From what I've found from previous versions, it's the same but Steam seems to have much better textures for the grounds and pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
      I might get the iOS version when it comes out, I'll let you know if I do. From what I've found from previous versions, it's the same but Steam seems to have much better textures for the grounds and pitch.
      Yes, there is a difference on highlights quality between PC and iOS, we're hoping to improve iOS in that regard in the near future, obviously older iOS devices may not change here.

PC has keyboard shortcuts, I certainly use these during the match.

iPhone version uses different UI scripts compared to PC, but most of Cricket Captain users are on phones using these "Low Res" scripts.

It should also be noted we have a trial version on iOS, just like the demo for Steam..

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        PC has keyboard shortcuts, I certainly use these during the match.
        Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts? I know space progresses one over and enter seems to do auto but usually does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
          Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts? I know space progresses one over and enter seems to do auto but usually does not work.
          Open the options menu and press F1. Some of the tab controls are broken at the moment, but in match shortcuts are working.

F1 brings up the help files on various srceens in game.

Comment

On iOS version can you play across multiple devices? E.g. start playing on an iPad and continue on an iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mlovell View Post
              On iOS version can you play across multiple devices? E.g. start playing on an iPad and continue on an iPhone?
              Yes, you will need to use Dropbox to sync games between both devices.

If you have Dropbox installed on your machines the cloud saves will work automatically once you have ticked the “Enable Dropbox” box on the options menu, this will take you to the dropbox authorisation page. If you do not have DropBox installed, you can get it from here: https://www.dropbox.com. When you save your game it will save a copy to the Dropbox. When you load, Cricket Captain will load the game with the furthest progressed in-game date between the drop-box and local copy. This means you will always be able to play the game that you have played most recently between the machines. This works between PCs, and between PC/iPhone/Android/Mac.

We use Dropbox a lot for saved games internally, we love it. If you get any issues, let me know.

On the second device (be it iPad or iPhone), as long as you're using the same Apple account, please press Buy from the New Game menu and then hit Restore Purchase.

Comment

Dumb question... if you have steam version on pc can you play that on your Android phone? Or separate and costs more etc?
                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                  Dumb question... if you have steam version on pc can you play that on your Android phone? Or separate and costs more etc?
                  Separate version, Android will cost £8.99 / AU$17.99

Again, all saves can be played between devices with Dropbox.

Comment

Working...
                  X