Cricket Captain 2021 Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2021 Reviews

Hello, if you are enjoying the game please get a review up on STEAM. I'm writing this as while everyone is entitled to their views, i find the current batch of negative reviews grossly unfair.

Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post
    Hello, if you are enjoying the game please get a review up on STEAM. I'm writing this as while everyone is entitled to their views, i find the current batch of negative reviews grossly unfair.
    I see what you mean. 3 negative reviews with less than 1 hour played (and a fourth with 1.7 hours). I cannot imagine leaving a negative review on any game so quickly, let alone a slow-burner like a management game. It is quite bizarre.

Comment

I get legitimate concerns and well thought out ideas for improvements. Just over people slamming the game because it's not EA Sports level budget.

Comment

I left a positive review because I know I'll enjoy the game because it is essentially the same game that's been released annually for a while now, which I've enjoyed for 100s if not 1000s of hours. The negative reviews seem to focus on "buying new game and getting same, dated game as the last few years," which is a valid criticism. Games like the Switch version of FIFA get the same criticism and backlash for being a 'glorified roster update' as well. No one is buying this and expecting and expecting a realistic sports sim, those people would be buying Cricket19 instead.

Unfortunately Steam only has reviews that are normal thumbs up or big, bad, red thumbs down.

Comment

Point taken and good on you for leaving a review.

Comment

I’ve left a positive review - I love the game series, if anything even more so since they ported it to iPad, which makes it even more convenient for me. People moan about about lack of game development, but the dev’s do listen to the community and improve the game year on year - the game plays fantastically, it gives you the option to go in depth with tactics and play ball by ball, or blast through seasons in a couple of hours.

I think the vast majority of negative reviews come from people expecting a brand new game that looks like football manager, and tbh If they dramatically changed/redesigned this game there would be uproar from the loyal faithful (much like if football manager did the same!). What the negative reviewers need is a different type of cricket management game, which doesn’t exist because there isn’t the demand for it.

Comment

Very glad to hear you left a review.

Comment

Bit dissapointed that CC21 isn't all looks and no go like Cricket 19.

Comment

? Think you’ve got the wrong game, it’s a fantastic cricket sim, have you not played it before?

Comment

Working...
                  X