Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still says that Yorkshire won the county championship in my 2nd season despite me beating them in the final. They topped the table.

It also says this for my first season - can't remember who I beat in the final...

Comment

As Bangladesh I was bowling in a test match against Sri Lanka in the 3rd innings, and mustafizur and Abu Jayed had them at 30-8 on a flat pitch in Colombo and bowled them out for 60 sharing all 10 wickets between them. Is this realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
        It still says that Yorkshire won the county championship in my 2nd season despite me beating them in the final. They topped the table.

It also says this for my first season - can't remember who I beat in the final...
        It’s 2 separate trophies in real life. The top team wins the county championship and that final between the top 2 is for the Bob Willis trophy. Maybe the game doesn’t log history for this tournament.

Comment

The final is for the FC trophy, the County Championship winners are whoever top the group.

Jamesy1984 We do now log history for the FC trophy in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

The final is for the FC trophy, the County Championship winners are whoever top the group.

Jamesy1984 We do now log history for the FC trophy in game.
            I didn't realise this.

Do you win money for winning the trophy?

Comment

I didn't realise this.

Do you win money for winning the trophy?
              Doubt it, I think it’s going to be crickets equivalent of the community shield in football

Comment

Originally posted by josbuttlerfan View Post
                Sorry 2 screenshots of the issue only as can't get my save at moment - I created 2 separate games and ran them forward to 2029 to see who still wasn't retired. All are domestic English players, I've not had one pop up telling me any of my players had retired in 8 seasons. Looks like some players are retiring, but some of these guys are way too old to be plating still!

Online crash was about 18 overs in to first innings of a T20 Int, I remember because I was closing in on 200. I clicked next over and the game just closed, when I booted back up I had the DC and error to my name.
                Thanks for letting us know on the retirement issue. I've uploaded a Steam build that fixes this issue.

I suspect the person playing you online deliberately DCd, as you were doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post
                  I'm playing a tournament 5 Test series WI v SA (1970) and after the first Test the WI reverted from the 18 selected to the current 13. The SA 18 stayed the same. Is this a bug or am I supposed to select a new team for each Test?
                  This is a BUG after the first Test you are told to reduce your squad to 13. No point in playing 5 match series. Tried with Pak v SA & A v E same result after the first match I was told to reduce my home squad to 13. The touring side stayed at 18.

Comment

Not sure if this is a bug, but there are no free hits in the Internet game Sureshot

And you can't choose the batsmen for the super over (it just selects the openers)

Comment

Thinking about it I don’t remember any free hits in online 2020 game either

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post

This is a BUG after the first Test you are told to reduce your squad to 13. No point in playing 5 match series. Tried with Pak v SA & A v E same result after the first match I was told to reduce my home squad to 13. The touring side stayed at 18.
                        I've tried repeating this with various different options, skipping or playing matches, I can't get a squad selection to appear before the 2nd match of an ATG series. Can you get a save from just before the in-between matches squad selection and send it to me via PM?

Press Windows key and R on your keyboard, in the run dialog copy this and hit enter:
                        %AppData%\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2021\Saves
                        If you can't see this folder you may need to enable hidden folders.

Comment

Sorry for the duplicate post

???????
                          Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
                          Sureshot - Would it be possible this late to alter International fixtures? In game Australia play two T20 series at home against Sri Lanka, while in real life agreeing to play five against Bangladesh following this current West Indies series. Source - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/a...august-1264043

Comment

Originally posted by Ahson8 View Post
                            Not sure if this is a bug, but there are no free hits in the Internet game Sureshot

And you can't choose the batsmen for the super over (it just selects the openers)
                            The super over still has the select openers option in the bottom left of the screen. I've checked when the user bats 1st or 2nd in the super over and select openers is available in both scenarios.

I've checked if we can do a conditional force open select openers popup for the super over, as that might be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
                              Sorry for the duplicate post

???????
                              Yes, this is on our radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                                I suspect the person playing you online deliberately DCd, as you were doing so well.
                                I think it was my end as Cricket Captain completely closed and it came back to Windows Desktop and I had to re-start game from Steam

Was more concerned it flagged an error and a DC for the game on my record, I don't mind if it was one or the other bit that's 2 bad marks against my name rather than just 1... I know people on these forums get funny to players who have DC's and errors

Comment

Working...
                                X