Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just observed that my non-striker batsman got run out without facing a ball. However, neither 0's counter increased nor innings, and the batting average also remained intact. The only thing that changed was Match counter. Any idea is it just me or has it happened with others?

Unfortunately, the scenario is extremely difficult to replicate as run out cannot be controlled by user and especially of such a case where a non-striker without facing a ball is out. Please advise, thanks.

Comment

Got another slightly strange one, Imagine the situation (especially first season) you already have an overseas (maybe 2) and you go to make a reserve signing, you offer for the reserve first but they also offer a main overseas contract player one aswell. Youll likely sign the the reserve player, but the main overseas player's offer will get forgotten.

So in my case I started a new career as Lancs (see if Gleeson's still there) they already had Finn Allen (20 over) and Dane Vilas (main) as overseas, so I offered Nazir of Pakistan a reserve contract 1st, and in the same bidding round, I offered P Nissanka or Sri Lanka a main overseas contract. Pressed Continue, Nazir was delighted to sign for us, it then gave me a pop-up message saying were only allowed 1 type of player in that position, and I had to re-offer Nissanka a contract.

P.S Please can you give Vasconcelos of Northants a relatively big stat increase, always been impressive in 2020 when ive been 10+ season in. Whereas in 2021 hes been below average

Always rely on me for the weird/specific bugs LOL
      Last edited by MrNorthantsCC; 07-17-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

I would suspect that since WI is the home team, they will have a starting 13 squad before every Test match? This would be normal right?
        I did say historical squads. I picked 18 before the first Test then afterward had to pick a new 13. Very upsetting having to go through the ENTIRE list again. Except for England 1989 18 is about correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

No news yet on this. Any fixture changes will work with existing saves, but only when you reach a new seaon in your save.

I think we're unlikely to make Afg/Zim/ire playable in the WTC, we did do this a while ago, but had to change it as it caused so many issues with fixtures. Once we've got through the releae issues across all platforms, we may take another look at it, but I'm really not sure it will happen.
          That's great, thanks for the update. It's good news that those changes will feed through to new seasons existing saves when ready.

No problem, I remember it happening in either last year's game or the year before and thought it seemed a great feature, but completely understandable if it causes so many problems with fixtures etc. To be honest, it took some unrealistic series results i.e. Beating Australia away for Afghanistan to get to 9th on my save so it's unlikely to happen any time soon with the WTC anyway.

Thanks again for the response

Comment

Originally posted by cricketaddict View Post
            I have just observed that my non-striker batsman got run out without facing a ball. However, neither 0's counter increased nor innings, and the batting average also remained intact. The only thing that changed was Match counter. Any idea is it just me or has it happened with others?

Unfortunately, the scenario is extremely difficult to replicate as run out cannot be controlled by user and especially of such a case where a non-striker without facing a ball is out. Please advise, thanks.
            There's a bug with duck recordings, I'm just uploading a Steam build now to fix this issue. The build will be live in about an hour.

Comment

Ducks are now fixed in the latest Steam build. Please check your downloads Steam section or restart Steam.

Comment

keyboard scrolling is not working while selecting a team and during contract.
                in a super over you are not allowed to select your batsman, openers are default choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ICC_Fan View Post
                  keyboard scrolling is not working while selecting a team and during contract.
                  in a super over you are not allowed to select your batsman, openers are default choice.
                  The keyboard issue is known.

There is a select openers option (bottom left) on the match summary before you start your super over.

Comment

Sureshot You should fix the wicket keepers as a part-time bowler issue in simulated Test/FC matches(or by AI). In Bangladesh test XI, Liton Das is the wicketkeeper and Mushfiqur Rahim plays as a batsman. The issue is AI gives one or a few over to Mushfiqur Rahim to bowl — a very unrealistic approach. Saif Hassan( a decent part-time bowler) — also in the XI — got completely ignored. The same tactic is also used by the Srilankan team, where Chandimal bowled 2 overs.
                    Another issue is the 5th bowler. Shakib Al Hasan only bowled 11(5+6) overs in the whole match, when in reality he is the main bowler for Bangladesh. You should code in order to make AI dividing the overs between all proper bowlers — It must follow the values, not the roles. If there are 5 players in the XI whose bowling values are high, they should get about 15-40 overs per innings, depending on the performance and the workload.

Comment

Originally posted by ZH8 View Post
                      Sureshot You should fix the wicket keepers as a part-time bowler issue in simulated Test/FC matches(or by AI). In Bangladesh test XI, Liton Das is the wicketkeeper and Mushfiqur Rahim plays as a batsman. The issue is AI gives one or a few over to Mushfiqur Rahim to bowl — a very unrealistic approach. Saif Hassan( a decent part-time bowler) — also in the XI — got completely ignored. The same tactic is also used by the Srilankan team, where Chandimal bowled 2 overs.
                      Another issue is the 5th bowler. Shakib Al Hasan only bowled 11(5+6) overs in the whole match, when in reality he is the main bowler for Bangladesh. You should code in order to make AI dividing the overs between all proper bowlers — It must follow the values, not the roles. If there are 5 players in the XI whose bowling values are high, they should get about 15-40 overs per innings, depending on the performance and the workload.
                      This may be very difficult to achieve considering that it's a major change to the code of AI. If any team has only two seamers, the AI automatically chooses a RM from the player line up to bowl a couple of overs before the spinners come along. This odd phenomenon has been addressed very well in the new release and I see it happening very rarely now. As far as spreading the overs across the bowlers, I've noticed that the top 4 rated bowlers, bowl 90% of the overs generally. Hence a 5th bowler who's pretty decent may not get too many overs. Maybe frequency of overs should be related to individual players (ie. they should bowl according to the average number of overs they bowl in a match based on past stats), but this is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

This may be very difficult to achieve considering that it's a major change to the code of AI. If any team has only two seamers, the AI automatically chooses a RM from the player line up to bowl a couple of overs before the spinners come along. This odd phenomenon has been addressed very well in the new release and I see it happening very rarely now. As far as spreading the overs across the bowlers, I've noticed that the top 4 rated bowlers, bowl 90% of the overs generally. Hence a 5th bowler who's pretty decent may not get too many overs. Maybe frequency of overs should be related to individual players (ie. they should bowl according to the average number of overs they bowl in a match based on past stats), but this is easier said than done.
                        I understand, but Chandimal bowls offbreaks yet he got a few overs to bowl. And, funnily, Shakib Al Hasan did'nt even bowled a single over in the second test. In my save, these issues are happening in many games.

Comment

Found 2 bugs:

No players ever retire! (pretty big one!)

I was playing online and my game crashed, when I logged back in I had both a disconnect and an error to my name, surely shouldn't log as both

Comment

Originally posted by josbuttlerfan View Post
                            Found 2 bugs:

No players ever retire! (pretty big one!)

I was playing online and my game crashed, when I logged back in I had both a disconnect and an error to my name, surely shouldn't log as both
                            Have you got a save for the lack of players retiring? It could be certain nationalities not retiring.

Saves are located here:

Press Windows key and R on your keyboard, in the run dialog copy this and hit enter:
                            %AppData%\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2021\Saves
                            If you can't see this folder you may need to enable hidden folders.

Then find your relevant save and please send to me in a PM.

Edit: Online crash is odd, can you remember what had happened just before the crash? (ie, a wicket had fallen)
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-19-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry 2 screenshots of the issue only as can't get my save at moment - I created 2 separate games and ran them forward to 2029 to see who still wasn't retired. All are domestic English players, I've not had one pop up telling me any of my players had retired in 8 seasons. Looks like some players are retiring, but some of these guys are way too old to be plating still!

Online crash was about 18 overs in to first innings of a T20 Int, I remember because I was closing in on 200. I clicked next over and the game just closed, when I booted back up I had the DC and error to my name.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, the screenshots are good. I've passed on to Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X