Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been playing my first save, in the year 2025 I was auto put into the England job clicked resign and it didnt resign me. It then loaded the fixture as my county squad and crashed!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNorthantsCC View Post
      Just been playing my first save, in the year 2025 I was auto put into the England job clicked resign and it didnt resign me. It then loaded the fixture as my county squad and crashed!
      We've just fixed this bug. I should be putting a new build up on Steam tonight to fix this issue.

I'm a bit concerned on you automatically getting the England job, are you sure you didn't miss clicking yes on the job offer?

Comment

My game seems to be a bit laggy and running a bit slow, is there any way of fixing this?
        im playing on a PC if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
          My game seems to be a bit laggy and running a bit slow, is there any way of fixing this?
          im playing on a PC if that helps.
          I suspect this could be hardware related, I've noticed the odd weird issue with some Microsoft updates in recent months. Can you drop me a message on the support form here and I will get some diagnostic files from you and we can work this out.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Comment

I've just updated the Steam build with a fix for issues with resigning captaincy.

Comment

I'm playing a tournament 5 Test series WI v SA (1970) and after the first Test the WI reverted from the 18 selected to the current 13. The SA 18 stayed the same. Is this a bug or am I supposed to select a new team for each Test?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post
                I'm playing a tournament 5 Test series WI v SA (1970) and after the first Test the WI reverted from the 18 selected to the current 13. The SA 18 stayed the same. Is this a bug or am I supposed to select a new team for each Test?
                I would suspect that since WI is the home team, they will have a starting 13 squad before every Test match? This would be normal right?

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

I would suspect that since WI is the home team, they will have a starting 13 squad before every Test match? This would be normal right?
                  Yep, home team gets a 13-man test squad in CC20. Though not sure what happens in the event of injuries.
                  Last edited by Fitzroy FC; 07-17-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've just fixed this bug. I should be putting a new build up on Steam tonight to fix this issue.

I'm a bit concerned on you automatically getting the England job, are you sure you didn't miss clicking yes on the job offer?
                    Hey buddy, I didnt even see the box! Normally it comes after doing transfers when it brings up the winners/stats screen. I never accept the England job, so im always paying complete attention when that screen comes up! Im one of those who just stick to counties lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrNorthantsCC View Post

Hey buddy, I didnt even see the box! Normally it comes after doing transfers when it brings up the winners/stats screen. I never accept the England job, so im always paying complete attention when that screen comes up! Im one of those who just stick to counties lol
                      Okay, it could be a part of the same issue that has been fixed. If this happens again can you PM me a save from before you auto get the England job? We can always fix any issue we've got a repeat of, but sometimes getting the repeat is difficult.

The resign captaincy bug was doing some very odd things, definitely fixed now, so hopefully that fix also fixes the issue you have.

Comment

Thanks, I've passed your WTC fixture comments to Andy.
                        Hi Sureshot, I was just wondering how this is coming along & if it's a big fix or not? If it is fixed during a patch update, would that apply to a save I've already started? As the 2021-2023 WTC cycle is obviously correct, it'd take me a bit of time to get the 2023-25 cycle anyway if it's going to take a bit longer to get the fix in place so that'd be fine if the patch applies to a current save.

The 9 WTC teams per cycle being based off the World Rankings at the start of the year/cycle would be a great option, making Afghanistan/Zimbabwe/Ireland saves a lot more enjoyable to start

Comment

Upon loading the game and pressing 'load game' my game is crashes and it says 'not responding.' Tried dozens of times.

This isn't happening when I press any of the other buttons i.e. new game.

Restarted computer and steam but still the same.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                            Upon loading the game and pressing 'load game' my game is crashes and it says 'not responding.' Tried dozens of times.

This isn't happening when I press any of the other buttons i.e. new game.

Restarted computer and steam but still the same.

Any idea why this might be happening?
                            This could be a problem with a specific save, but normally the game handles broken saves without issue, so I think this is highly unlikely. Can you go here:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2021\Saves

1) Then PM me any saves you have.

2) Back up all your save to a different folder on your machine.

3) Do you use dropbox? If so, that does store a save cache file. Should be irrelevant based on #4 below, but would be good to know.

4) Then do a verify integrity of game cache as per this:

Right click on Cricket Captain 2021 in Steam Library and select Properties
                            Go to Local Files, then select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Comment

Originally posted by moe View Post

Hi Sureshot, I was just wondering how this is coming along & if it's a big fix or not? If it is fixed during a patch update, would that apply to a save I've already started? As the 2021-2023 WTC cycle is obviously correct, it'd take me a bit of time to get the 2023-25 cycle anyway if it's going to take a bit longer to get the fix in place so that'd be fine if the patch applies to a current save.

The 9 WTC teams per cycle being based off the World Rankings at the start of the year/cycle would be a great option, making Afghanistan/Zimbabwe/Ireland saves a lot more enjoyable to start
                              No news yet on this. Any fixture changes will work with existing saves, but only when you reach a new seaon in your save.

I think we're unlikely to make Afg/Zim/ire playable in the WTC, we did do this a while ago, but had to change it as it caused so many issues with fixtures. Once we've got through the releae issues across all platforms, we may take another look at it, but I'm really not sure it will happen.

Comment

No news yet on this. Any fixture changes will work with existing saves, but only when you reach a new seaon in your save.

I think we're unlikely to make Afg/Zim/ire playable in the WTC, we did do this a while ago, but had to change it as it caused so many issues with fixtures. Once we've got through the releae issues across all platforms, we may take another look at it, but I'm really not sure it will happen.
                                I'm Irish so that's a pity but I'm sure Zim/Afg/Ire are not your biggest market and therefore the number of your players impacted by this will be very small.

You can always be sure of a couple of things in cricket (even in this game)- it's all about money and smaller nations are forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X