Using your imagination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using your imagination

So I was wondering if anyone else plays the game like me. Ever since I started playing cricket management games (starting from mouse breaker cricket manager). I turn off the highlights and I see the match being played in my head. Its kinda complicated to explain. But a bit like reading a book. I sort of see batsmen batting and bowlers bowling in my mind and if want to play a regen I assign him a stance or bowling action in my mind. I know it sounds weird but does anyone play like this.

Other than the obvious increased realism factor. It makes me overlook so many deficiencies in the game like: Blobby characters, monotonous and boring animations, weird shots. And most importantly every player is unique and not just a cartoon with a different skin tone and hairstyle
    Last edited by adil; 07-10-2021, 09:36 PM.

I do the same. The highlights and the animations actually take me out of the game so to speak. I find if I see the vicinity the ball has been hit or an lbw I can program the rest internally, as opposed to watching a batsman flail a cut shot off a fuller ball that goes to a fielder.

Comment

To bring a different view to the conversation, I'm more of a stats and strategy man. As a result I watch every ball highlights so that I get a feel of where the ball is going and how set a batsman is - I agree with you that how a ball is hit is best left to the imagination.

I am a rather detailed person and so I log in excel where each batsman hits their runs in each innings. It has overwhelmingly helped my field placing and I manage to get wickets or apply run pressure because of the analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by TJHC View Post
        To bring a different view to the conversation, I'm more of a stats and strategy man. As a result I watch every ball highlights so that I get a feel of where the ball is going and how set a batsman is - I agree with you that how a ball is hit is best left to the imagination.

I am a rather detailed person and so I log in excel where each batsman hits their runs in each innings. It has overwhelmingly helped my field placing and I manage to get wickets or apply run pressure because of the analysis.
        For me the main fun in playing the game is to see how upcoming international players develop, how international sides perform in upcoming series and the the stats after say 10 years down the line. I love selecting playing xi, building a quality squad etc. I love taking struggling international sides to glory or build a World beating ruthless side like the aussies of 2000s

Comment

When starting a new international career after playing 4-5 years of the in game save when I find a good regen player mostly below or around 20 yrs of age, I rename him to my own name and then make him debut in the international sides, visualizing myself playing as that player, debuting, winning matches, getting MoMs and sometimes if he turns out excellent then making him the captain and leading the side through world cups and test championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Preed View Post
            When starting a new international career after playing 4-5 years of the in game save when I find a good regen player mostly below or around 20 yrs of age, I rename him to my own name and then make him debut in the international sides, visualizing myself playing as that player, debuting, winning matches, getting MoMs and sometimes if he turns out excellent then making him the captain and leading the side through world cups and test championships.
            Not a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by Preed View Post
              I could do that. I would have to be careful to pick a batsman who views the spinner as an easy target simply on the basis that the ball is moving slower and so inevitably mis-times and skies one.

Comment

I love to image actually winning a game with my Zimbabwe save

Comment

I do not use the highlights ever! Find it quite amateurish and frankly I'm more of a statistical guy, so I concentrate on the realism of the simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                    I do not use the highlights ever! Find it quite amateurish and frankly I'm more of a statistical guy, so I concentrate on the realism of the simulation.
                    Yeah amatuerish is the best way to describe the graphics and they kill the realism

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post
                      if want to play a regen I assign him a stance or bowling action in my mind.
                      Haha, I never really thought about it... but I absolutely imagine personalities and playing styles for my superstar regens.

I once had a great Surrey team with:
                      • A hyper-aggressive opener who I always imagined had been out drinking beer the night before and would get out deliberately if his hangover was too bad.
                      • A very defensive number 3 who I imagined was tall and had a big, wide, heavy bat.
                      • An aggressive and consistent number 5 who I imagined was very popular with his teammates and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

Haha, I never really thought about it... but I absolutely imagine personalities and playing styles for my superstar regens.

I once had a great Surrey team with:
                        • A hyper-aggressive opener who I always imagined had been out drinking beer the night before and would get out deliberately if his hangover was too bad.
                        • A very defensive number 3 who I imagined was tall and had a big, wide, heavy bat.
                        • An aggressive and consistent number 5 who I imagined was very popular with his teammates and fans.
                        Yeah mate I think that is the reason the game is so good. Everyone can enjoy it in their own way. The best thing is that it is still a game. Its not gone down the football manager route of becoming a job rather than a time killer. And I hope it stays that way forever

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

Yeah mate I think that is the reason the game is so good. Everyone can enjoy it in their own way. The best thing is that it is still a game. Its not gone down the football manager route of becoming a job rather than a time killer. And I hope it stays that way forever
                          I think you're bang on there.

Comment

Working...
                          X