Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2021 Steam Release Date and Features

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

    I don't think the ECB have confirmed the 2022 regs yet?

    All comps are very much up in the air right now. I guess the most important question from a Cricket Captain point of view is, do you like the new format?
    I have to say I've enjoyed the new format, both in game and in real life.

    It's a fascinating question to ask as the counties themselves will be asking their members the same question just as the ECB is asking the counties.

    Very interested to see if it sticks sticks next season.

    Comment


    • #62
      adding run rate to scorecards can be good for how teams playing in test and fc.
      can you add an option if user can select 13 member squad for county match and Australia 20 over league match like real from full squads?
      Last edited by Hilal8844554499; 07-15-2021, 02:06 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

        I don't think the ECB have confirmed the 2022 regs yet?

        All comps are very much up in the air right now. I guess the most important question from a Cricket Captain point of view is, do you like the new format?
        I quite like it. Outside of the top tier you are playing for pride but this isn't a bad thing. It allows you to gauge where you are as a team more effectively and also to turn over an underprepared team who you would usually expect to lose to.

        I am disappointed that the game has no function for play to be delayed because of snow like Yorkshire v Glamorgan this year!

        Comment


        • #64
          Bring back indian t20 league home and away.
          Very unreal to play IPL like This, After few seasons not home and away add home and away venues to matches instead of few.
          you can add cricket cc 2020 indian 20 league schedule if it's difficult to change the current schedule.
          Last edited by Hilal8844554499; 07-15-2021, 05:55 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

            I don't think the ECB have confirmed the 2022 regs yet?

            All comps are very much up in the air right now. I guess the most important question from a Cricket Captain point of view is, do you like the new format?
            No, I don't think they have, but all the suggestions are that this year's format is intended to be a one-off. Personally, I think it's quite a good format – allows teams to play some opposition that they haven't for some time, which keeps things fresh, but also in theory concentrates the best players/teams in the later stages, which has to be good for competition/standards.

            So yes, I'm looking forward to playing out a full season of it in Cricket Captain! Going forward in the game though, will the teams in the first stage stay the same, or will the groups be swapped around each season? Could get a bit stale if they stay the same.

            Comment


            • #66

              Key features for 2021 include:
              ODI and Test World Championships: compete in the new ODI World Championship

              Maybe it should say somewhere that it's an incomplete ODI Championship? Based on that quote alone, I would've immediately bought the new version again, had I not stumbled upon this forum to find out the Netherlands aren't included. This way, I feel there is still limited representation of Associate nations and I can just as well stick to the 2020 version.

              To add something positive though: it's amazing to see Zimbabwe now have their own regen name list! I got slightly annoyed with all the Dutch names in their squads over the years

              Last edited by Chabo272; 07-16-2021, 05:12 AM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Chabo272 View Post

                To add something positive though: it's amazing to see Zimbabwe now have their own regen name list! I got slightly annoyed with all the Dutch names in their squads over the years
                I’ve played as Zimbabwe for about 80 years in the past in these games and I genuinely thought that all the names were realistic! Shows how much I know about Zimbabwe naming conventions!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Hi

                  Apologies if this information is staring me in the face!

                  Is there a Player Editor?

                  I normally play on MAC but downloaded phone demo for first time. It won’t let me save my name so can’t start a career but in tournament it seemed to have the option to change player name. Is that doable in career for every player, like the early versions of the game, and we can just change their name?

                  This is probably the difference between me buying it or not!

                  Thank you

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
                    Hi

                    Apologies if this information is staring me in the face!

                    Is there a Player Editor?

                    I normally play on MAC but downloaded phone demo for first time. It won’t let me save my name so can’t start a career but in tournament it seemed to have the option to change player name. Is that doable in career for every player, like the early versions of the game, and we can just change their name?

                    This is probably the difference between me buying it or not!

                    Thank you
                    There is no official player editor. There is only an unofficial editor, which you can download from here (available for PC only).


                    You can change a player's name in-game (so you don't need an editor to do that). Just click on the "pencil" icon:


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	edit.png
Views:	126
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	76568
                    Last edited by weetabixharry; 08-01-2021, 06:24 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Many thanks.

                      Just confirming the change a player’s name option was all I was really getting at. That’s great!

                      Thank you.

                      Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

                      There is no official player editor. There is only an unofficial editor, which you can download from here (available for PC only).


                      You can change a player's name in-game (so you don't need an editor to do that).

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        If managing Zimbabwe (or I imagine other countries who's FC leagues aren't available) I've noticed that quite often talented players will become free agents and never play domestic matches. For instance, Dustin Melton eventually loses his county deal and never gets picked for any side again and I have a 21 yo batsmen who played one year in the Bangladesh T20 and is now unemployed, I checked his stats and he was averaging >50 in 2nd XI FC matches so I called him up and he immediately was preferred to all my other batsmen. Would it be possible to add some form of feature where high rated free agents in unloaded FC nations get "randomly" assigned to a team to ensure they don't get lost all the time?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X