Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I get a zoomed in resolution and can only see a part of the game menu" - FAQ advice doesn't fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I get a zoomed in resolution and can only see a part of the game menu" - FAQ advice doesn't fix

Hi,

I've experienced the "I get a zoomed in resolution and can only see a part of the game menu" problem on my lap top and have tried to solve it by following the instructions in the FAQ.

For one thing, "Disable display scaling in high DPI settings" is not an option in the .exe file properties. There is "Change high DPI settings" which leads to two further options: "Program DPI" which says "use this setting to fix scaling problems." And then there's "High DPI scaling override." I have tried every conceivable permutation of these settings without success.

I'd appreciate some advice on sorting out the problem please.

Cheers,

Dave

Originally posted by Davem2020 View Post
    Hi,

I've experienced the "I get a zoomed in resolution and can only see a part of the game menu" problem on my lap top and have tried to solve it by following the instructions in the FAQ.

For one thing, "Disable display scaling in high DPI settings" is not an option in the .exe file properties. There is "Change high DPI settings" which leads to two further options: "Program DPI" which says "use this setting to fix scaling problems." And then there's "High DPI scaling override." I have tried every conceivable permutation of these settings without success.

I'd appreciate some advice on sorting out the problem please.

Cheers,

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I can only think of two issues that would cause this

1) Your graphics drivers need updating

If you're unsure on how to update your graphics drivers, please contact us through the support form here, as it will be easier for me to go through this with you on our support emails.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

2) You're using some sort of scaling on the display which isn't being over-riden by the above settings.

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
    Type control in the box and press enter
    Navigate to DIsplay
    Ensure your settings are on 100% for display scaling (also sometimes shown as Smaller on a sliding scale)

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a look. The driver is an Intel HD graphics 5500, which is updated as far as Dell will provide (Intel's latest 5500 driver - 2020 edition - is not compatible with my Dell Inspiron lap top).

Comment

Originally posted by Davem2020 View Post
        Thanks. I'll take a look. The driver is an Intel HD graphics 5500, which is updated as far as Dell will provide (Intel's latest 5500 driver - 2020 edition - is not compatible with my Dell Inspiron lap top).
        Okay, unlikely to be a driver issue then. Do let me know how you get on, there will be a fix for the issue somewhere and we can help with that.

Comment

Update:

No success with the Windows 10 Inspiron lap top. However, everything is fine on my Windows 7 desktop.

I have an older Dell Inspiron laptop - Inspiron 7010, on which I had installed a 32 bit version of Linux - Zorin 15.2 lite to be exact - which works infinitely better than the old Windows 7 OS that it previously had. As you know, Steam does not support a 32 bit Linux version; but having downloaded a 32 bit windows .exe file, and using the WINE installer, STEAM and Cricket Captain 2019 works fine, albeit with some scratchy audio and occasionally stuttering replays.

Moral of the story I think: As it continues to improve, Linux IS the future. Windows 10 is destined for defenestration - and the sooner the better!!

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I can only assume there is a setting within the Win 10 Dell Inspirion that is causing this.

If you want to pursue this further, can you message me through here:

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Regards,
            Nigel

Comment

Working...
            X