Cricket captain 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket captain 2020?

Will there be a cricket captain 2020 version being released as we are approaching the schedule release date around the time the game is normally released?

muzzy - I'm as keen as you are to know the CC20 release date so I checked out the Cricket Captain Facebook page. Below is the latest post which has 158 comments as well. Might be worth heading over there and checking out the comments and possible replies.

'Our current plan for Cricket Captain 2020 is to use the original match schedule. I realise this is probably not the most important concern in the world at the moment, but would be interesting to hear people’s thoughts on our approach.
    We’re working on getting a basic working version up and running at the moment, so that we can release something even if team members are sick. Once that’s done we’ll add new features, making sure we always have a releasable game.
    We were originally aiming for start if June, but I know a lot of people want the game earlier so they can have some sort of cricket to enjoy while the real thing is suspended. We’ll balance features and release date, and we’ll do our best to keep the team healthy.'

Comment

Sureshot Any indication of whether this original match schedule includes the hundred and how this will be incorporated into the game?

Comment

The Hundred will be included as it was supposed to be in real life.

The plan for CC2020 hasn't changed from Chris' Facebook post, we still aiming to recreate the season as it was scheduled, including player transfers to English Counties that have been cancelled in light of the Coronavirus. The release date is very tentative still, with the global pandemic going on Valve, Google and Apple processes cannot be reliably predicted by us, it is a big unknown. That all said, we're still planning for a June release.

Comment

Hi all, I`m looking forward to the release of CC2020, and I`m hoping that there will be some new additions to the All Time Great lists. If this has not been considered, here are a few suggestions. I will list them by country. South Africa R.L.S. Armitage L.J. Barnard R.M. Bentley P.M. Dodds G.A.S. Inness B.A. Matthews T.R. Madsen G.F. Dakin J.H. Ferrandi A.M. Ferreira A.Hector B.J. Versfield L.B. Koch A. Tayfield Australia J. Drennan I.W. Quick J. Potter S.C. Trimble G.C. Becker J.T. Irvine J.M. Hubble W.J. Holdsworth England K.G. Suttle B. Taylor P.J. Sainsbury K.T. Medlycott New Zealand J.M. McIntyre K.O. Campbell G.B. Thomson S.R. Tracy India S.N. Mohol D.D. Govindraj West Indies E.H.C. Griffith R.C. Brancker P.R. Roberts R.A. Cohen R.C. Colllmore P.D. Blair J.R. Lyon These players either played for their countries Invitation XI`s , or were selected for tours, but never played test cricket. there are many more, but I believe that these players will enhance any game for players , like myself, who enjoy historic matches from yesteryears.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            The Hundred will be included as it was supposed to be in real life.

The plan for CC2020 hasn't changed from Chris' Facebook post, we still aiming to recreate the season as it was scheduled, including player transfers to English Counties that have been cancelled in light of the Coronavirus. The release date is very tentative still, with the global pandemic going on Valve, Google and Apple processes cannot be reliably predicted by us, it is a big unknown. That all said, we're still planning for a June release.

Hi Sureshot. Will the new domestic structure of Pakistan with 6 domestic teams be incorporated? Thanks.

Comment

For anyone who is interested, I think this is Chris' Facebook post that Sureshot was referring to:

Hi. Our current plan for Cricket Captain 2020 is to use the original match schedule. I realise this is probably not the most important concern in the world at the moment, but would be interesting to hear people’s thoughts on our approach.

We’re working on getting a basic working version up and running at the moment, so that we can release something even if team members are sick. Once that’s done we’ll add new features, making sure we always have a releasable game.

We were originally aiming for start if June, but I know a lot of people want the game earlier so they can have some sort of cricket to enjoy while the real thing is suspended. We’ll balance features and release date, and we’ll do our best to keep the team healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheharyar View Post

Hi Sureshot. Will the new domestic structure of Pakistan with 6 domestic teams be incorporated? Thanks.
                Hi Sheharyar,

Indeed it is. Nice to see a domestic system being simplified, I think it could work well for Pakistan cricket. I always enjoy playing in Aus, NZ and SA in the game as 6 teams make the leagues competitive.

Sureshot

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Hi Sheharyar,

Indeed it is. Nice to see a domestic system being simplified, I think it could work well for Pakistan cricket. I always enjoy playing in Aus, NZ and SA in the game as 6 teams make the leagues competitive.

Sureshot
                  Glad to know that. Yes 6 teams definitely make the domestic leagues much more competitive and also make it easier to keep close eye on upcoming talent.

Comment

Hi Sureshot,

I have played all the games in your franchise, and though the game is more or less similar each year, it still attracts me every year. I hope u bring changes to the AI algorithm, as it is quite weird sometimes. Also, I expect some new exciting features in this version, some changes that make the game more challenging and exciting, something else than changing the teams each year. Also, Can I expect the game within a month from now?
                    Last edited by NishantBagga; 05-17-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I still love the game, played the very first one back in the day.

There's still a few issues that really annoy me...

You almost always lose a wicket straight after lunch, nearly always the first over - no matter how settled a player is. This happens SO often, it's ridiculous. More often than after tea or the first over of the day.
                      There are TONS of wickets off no-balls, almost one a game. This is a rare occurance in professional cricket.
                      Wicket keepers dropping regulation edges behind, again happens loads at test level. You see test players drop off the spinner but never off medium pacers being edged behind.

Youth players - you spend the extra money to get 'better' young players but you end up with a wicket keeper who avgs 6 in 2nd team. What's the point in paying the extra? Seems completely random who get.
                      But, at the same time, after playing a long way in to the future the international teams stay pretty much the same. India are always the best team, S Africa usually next best. There needs to be greater variety in how international teams develop. Also, certain countries never get certain types of players. India and South Africa always get loads of great wicket keeper/batsmen and all rounders compared to the others. Australia never get a decent all rounder.

Comment

Hi all, just another couple of things to add to the many posts on what people would like with CC2020. I think that there are too many Caught and Bowled per innings, and along with the many other players I`ve suggested being added, one I forgot, P.D. Swart. He was once in the game, but was then left out for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
                          Hi all, just another couple of things to add to the many posts on what people would like with CC2020. I think that there are too many Caught and Bowled per innings, and along with the many other players I`ve suggested being added, one I forgot, P.D. Swart. He was once in the game, but was then left out for some reason.
                          Springbok - have you checked out the Unforgiven by Ashley Gray?

Comment

What i would like to see in the new game is the ability to change uniforms to classic styles and you can recreate your own HISTORICAL tournament.

Comment

Hi Hallmitchell, no, I haven`t actually read that particular book, but I have read quite a few accounts from both perspectives. I just found it very sad that the South African team of 1970, never got the chance to show fulfil true potential, and I`ve always thought that those West Indian players were very brave, money aside, they actually lifted the spirits and morale of many black South Africans. Well, one things for sure, we will never know, but with Cricket Captain , you can at least fantasize a little. Sorry for going on, lockdown fever I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X