Qualifying for World Test Championship with Ire/Afg/Zim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifying for World Test Championship with Ire/Afg/Zim

Hi all, I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this.

I've just reached year 3 with Afghanistan and disappointed to see I only have 2 test matches scheduled for the entire year.. both vs Zimbabwe on the same tour.

My question is: if I eventually break into the top 9 in the test rankings, do I then qualify for the World Test Championship?

If you go into the Test Rankings menu, you should be able to see a green line underneath the 9th ranked side. I presume this means that should you be in the top 9 when a new iteration of the WTC starts, you will be taking part. I'm near the end of year 2 with Ireland and currently 12th so when I do make it to the top 9, I'll let you know. My guess would be that when you get to the top 9 in the Test rankings you join the WTC. Good luck with your AFG career.

Comment

Thanks for the response! I've just started the 2022-23 season, with the lastest WTC ending in 2023. I have 2 test series lined up, and if I win both it looks like I could creep into the top 9. I'll let you know what happens if I do!

Comment

So I finished the 22-23 season in 9th place in the rankings, ahead of West Indies. Just started the 23-24 season which coincides with the next edition of the World Test Championship, and it appears I haven't been put into the World Test Championship. West Indies are still in it.

Comment

Working...
        X